Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

So recently they have been cheating how exactly?

Their behaviour has nothing to do with cheating.

Their coach and certain players have acted like utter clowns during the pandemic:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2020/sep/28/exeter-rob-baxter-end-coronavirus-tests-rugby-players

Then you add in social media stuff like this:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Their coach and certain players have acted like utter clowns during the pandemic:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2020/sep/28/exeter-rob-baxter-end-coronavirus-tests-rugby-players

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI_oVNKlM4M/?igshid=19qc50brvemmw

Then you add in social media stuff like this: https://twitter.com/ExeterChiefs/status/1342841053603356673?s=19

Jack Nowell shared that instagram post as well, and earlier in the season had stated that the government should open all stadiums to allow people to attend if they want, despite at the time the UK was entering their second wave and hitting their highest cases at the time.

Players and coaches just showing that they're completely out of touch with the world around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI_oVNKlM4M/?igshid=19qc50brvemmw

Then you add in social media stuff like this: https://twitter.com/ExeterChiefs/status/1342841053603356673?s=19

Did you even read the guardian article about testing. He makes some very sound points and the headline betrays what he says.

The Alec Hepburn piece is his personal opinion and nothing to do with the club.

How you have concluded that any of this stuff is worse than a club systematically cheating their way to success over a number of years is any worse is pretty mind boggling.

Jack Nowell shared that instagram post as well, and earlier in the season had stated that the government should open all stadiums to allow people to attend if they want, despite at the time the UK was entering their second wave and hitting their highest cases at the time.

Players and coaches just showing that they're completely out of touch with the world around them.

Professional sports person out of touch with reality? What a shocker. Hardly any worse than billy vinopolus

How is this supposed to substantiate Exeter as being worse than Saracens????

Compare this to Billy Vinop’ anti gay stance maybe, how does that work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Romain Ntamack out of Ireland's game in the upcoming 6n, double jaw fracture at the weekend playing for Toulouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Did you even read the guardian article about testing. He makes some very sound points and the headline betrays what he says.

The Alec Hepburn piece is his personal opinion and nothing to do with the club.

How you have concluded that any of this stuff is worse than a club systematically cheating their way to success over a number of years is any worse is pretty mind boggling.

Hahaha saying in September 2020 that COVID testing will not be necessary for them much longer is a very sound point?!

Hahaha saying in September 2020 that COVID testing will not be necessary for them much longer is a very sound point?!

That’s not what he said. Try reading the article.

That’s not what he said. Try reading the article.

“ I think most clubs would be in agreement that the actual transfer rates even around players who are testing positive are so, so small. I think the argument for continued testing will die away pretty quickly.”

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Romain Ntamack out of Ireland's game in the upcoming 6n, double jaw fracture at the weekend playing for Toulouse

So Dupont at 9 and Jailibert at 10...easy...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Professional sports person out of touch with reality? What a shocker. Hardly any worse than billy vinopolus

How is this supposed to substantiate Exeter as being worse than Saracens????

Compare this to Billy Vinop’ anti gay stance maybe, how does that work out.

Bringing Billy Vunipola into this is apples and oranges.

If you think Saracens' cheating is worse than Exeter's embracing of conspiracy theories and amateur public health opinions, grand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

If you think Saracens' cheating is worse than Exeter's embracing of conspiracy theories and amateur public health opinions, grand.
    Saracens cheating is worse. I mean Exeters stance is bad PR, but that's about it. Saracens actually did something wrong and were fined and relegated because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

From a rugby POV Saracen's is clearly worse. I couldn't care less what Exeter think about Covid

Your making the mistake of attributing personal opinions to a club.

Some Munster players might have opinions that you don’t agree with.

People after all are entitled to their opinion.

And yes, actually cheating in sport is easily the worst thing you can do.

“ I think most clubs would be in agreement that the actual transfer rates even around players who are testing positive are so, so small. I think the argument for continued testing will die away pretty quickly.”

Ha also said that the testing capacity might be better off used elsewhere, and it’s a far from the worst thing I’ve heard.

Ha also said that the testing capacity might be better off used elsewhere, and it’s a far from the worst thing I’ve heard.

But he also said exactly what you said he didn’t say when you suggested the article I’ve already read multiple times.

And he was proven totally incorrect, exactly as we all thought he would be at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

From a rugby perspective Saracens were worse. From a wider general perspective Exeter have been far worse. They are spreading a dangerous message to a large number of followers. Thats waaaaay worse than anything that Saracens have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Some things, most things, are more important than Rugby. I dislike Sarries as much as the next guy, but COVID is a million times more important than breaking a domestic wage cap. It's fairly likely no one directly was harmed by Sarries actions, the words and actions of a number of senior Exeter players, their head coach and if Glasgow's accusations are to be believed, a number of other staff and players can and will directly lead to infections and possibly deaths. But yea, Sarries won some trophies they maybe shouldn't have, they're the absolute worst. :rolleyes:

DGRulz wrote: »
    Some things, most things, are more important than Rugby. I dislike Sarries as much as the next guy, but COVID is a million times more important than breaking a domestic wage cap. It's fairly likely no one directly was harmed by Sarries actions, the words and actions of a number of senior Exeter players, their head coach and if Glasgow's accusations are to be believed, a number of other staff and players can and will directly lead to infections and possibly deaths. But yea, Sarries won some trophies they maybe shouldn't have, they're the absolute worst. :rolleyes:

Nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

This is the most personality I've seen from R Kearney in the 12/13 years he's been on the block.

https://twitter.com/KearneyRob/status/1344422846924083200?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Clegg wrote: »
    This is the most personality I've seen from R Kearney in the 12/13 years he's been on the block.

https://twitter.com/KearneyRob/status/1344422846924083200?s=09

Lol, nice! And many won't even get the reference :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Happy New Year everyone

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Zzippy wrote: »
    Lol, nice! And many won't even get the reference :D

I didn't 😔 What are they??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

dregin wrote: »
    I didn't 😔 What are they??

A photo did the rounds a few years ago of a couple having sex on a balcony. People incorrectly identified it as him with his other half as it was unclear enough to really identify the people. It wasn't him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Said I'd flick over to Bath-Wasps for the last 5 mins after the interpro.

Score 39-52, what the ****

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Bazzo wrote: »
    Said I'd flick over to Bath-Wasps for the last 5 mins after the interpro.

Score 39-52, what the ****

And amazingly Bath have got to 39 without the TBP...

Might get it now thought

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

sydthebeat wrote: »
    And amazingly Bath have got to 39 without the TBP...

Might get it now thought

Awful attempt at the conversion for the second bonus point...

Didn't get a proper look but conditions didn't look like they required a kick attempt like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

How many weeks will we see for this?

From ProD2 tonight
    https://twitter.com/JonnyWis/status/1347661906962690055

Physical conduct with a match official has bans ranging from low entry of 6 weeks to max of 52 weeks.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

LOL

someone took their happy pills today

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Funny, but what an absolute idiot.

• Advertisement

That is absolutely brilliant.

Stupid, but absolutely hilarious

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement