Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Brian Moore met Ewan McKenna for the first time. It didn't end well.

Best decision I ever made on Twitter was blocking him. That and muting two words.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

We can do without that name being dropped on the forum. He's just a ****poster at this point.

Some of the points he makes about rugby is spot on though. Its occasional and ive had many a debate with him on rugby subjects but he goes OTT all too often which is the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Some of the points he makes about rugby is spot on though. Its occasional and ive had many a debate with him on rugby subjects but he goes OTT all too often which is the issue

I wouldn't waste your time on him. He's got no interest in a debate. A hate-filled, close-minded individual.

There's a tweet still on his account where he wishes medical professionals to be physically harmed. As a previous poster said, he wouldn't last on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

I wouldn't waste your time on him. He's got no interest in a debate. A hate-filled, close-minded individual.

There's a tweet still on his account where he wishes medical professionals to be physically harmed. As a previous poster said, he wouldn't last on here.

He probably wouldnt. Still doesnt change fact that a lot of what he says about rugby is true.
    And ive argued against him a lot on twitter as you know well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

He probably wouldnt. Still doesnt change fact that a lot of what he says about rugby is true.
    And ive argued against him a lot on twitter as you know well

I don’t think he argues in good faith. It’s not even that he’s contrary or argumentative, he all to often strays into nasty territory.

There used to be a Twitter account DeletedByMacKenna. Some of the stuff one it was appalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

prawnsambo wrote: »
    If he was on boards, he wouldn't last a day before ending up on everyone's ignore list and banned from the rugby forum. All the troll type behaviours of moving the goalposts, erecting straw men, ad hominem attacks and reductio ad absurdum. Brian Moore (who used to be a regular contributor on the Planet Rugby forum as bcm666) has ample experience of dealing with trolls like him.

Brian Moore is a gem and a gent. I've had the odd back and forth with him on Twitter myself. Just a genuinely nice fella. So it says it all when E**n gets his goat up.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I see young rob kearney gets his first start with the Western force this Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The fact he's tweeting furiously about the Irish government and lockdowns and vaccinations, saying they're breaching his rights etc etc while he's half way across the world in Brazil and hasn't lived in Ireland for almost a decade just says it all.

His position flips to be the exact opposite of what the govt are doing. At the start of the pandemic he was all "Ireland are a disgrace, look at the level of infections deaths I'm a ****ing idiot yada yada". Ireland went into a few lockdowns and all of a sudden he's "Ireland are a disgrace, these lockdowns are Orwellian I'm a ****ing idiot yada yada". He has a chip the size of the moon on his shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Saw that earlier and had no idea he was still playing. In Japan or something I presume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭PMC83

.ak wrote: »
    Saw that earlier and had no idea he was still playing. In Japan or something I presume?

He was signed for the blues last yeah in a player couch role for super rugby aotearoa, dunno if he actually played though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

3 red cards this weekend in the English Premiership. Bath should have had two alone for the same tackle.

Wiese for Leicester today was sent off for the same thing as Fagerson and POM except it was even worse given it wasn’t even a jackal he caught a flanker flush in the face who was almost standing up straight. Completely idiotic, he tucked his shoulder.
    BT’s Pearl clutching all undone by Kay saying “9times out of 10 you can tuck the arm and hit someone in a ruck like that but if it’s the face then it’s a red”. That’s the issue, it shouldn’t be allowed anyway, TMO needs to help eradicate that kind of hit regardless of where it lands.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

PMC83 wrote: »
    He was signed for the blues last yeah in a player couch role for super rugby aotearoa, dunno if he actually played though

Made for retirement so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭PMC83

razorblunt wrote: »
    Made for retirement so.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Entertaining game so far crusader's are seriously clinical once they make it to the 22, Ireland take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Appalling story about that teacher and rugby coach that was convicted for abusing children.
    I thought BO'D spoke about it very well yesterday
    .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2YFCBk5aqU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Anyone know if any of the sports channels are showing the La Rochelle v Toulouse match tmw? Had a look and can't see it listed.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

madds wrote: »
    Anyone know if any of the sports channels are showing the La Rochelle v Toulouse match tmw? Had a look and can't see it listed.

Canal +
    Sky Sport NZ

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

No one has the rights to the Top14 here. According to an article in the (London) Times earlier this week, Canal+ paid €4m for the worldwide rights, and failed to reach a deal with Sky after the latter offered, well, all of €0. So far no one else has managed to do a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

icdg wrote: »
    No one has the rights to the Top14 here. According to an article in the (London) Times earlier this week, Canal+ paid €4m for the worldwide rights, and failed to reach a deal with Sky after the latter offered, well, all of €0. So far no one else has managed to do a deal.

Been the case since last season. I'm surprised it didn't go to rugbypass, but they obviously don't think it's worth the financial benefit. The previous Sky deal was worth around 2.5m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Thanks lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

The French government are threatening to pull the team from the 6 nations unless the FFR conduct a proper and transparent inquiry into their covid outbreak

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

The French government are threatening to pull the team from the 6 nations unless the FFR conduct a proper and transparent inquiry into their covid outbreak

Ultimately they broke their own protocol internally didn't they? The "source" may be nigh impossible to identify.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

Do the FFR use a common training base for all teams under their umbrella?
    Women's 7 team withdrawn due to 2 suspicious tests.
    That goes with the men's 15, men's 7 & men's U20 who have COVID cases too.

Really unlucky or really bad/non-existent COVID protocols

Saw an article this morning that the French "bubble" is a bit of a joke, seems.when the team was in Italy they left and went to a waffle restaurant and that could be one! or the possible causes.
    I'd say the 6 nations is over for the French if this is proven to be the cause

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Saw an article this morning that the French "bubble" is a bit of a joke, seems.when the team was in Italy they left and went to a waffle restaurant and that could be one! or the possible causes.

I would guess the mixing with 7s at training was the root of it

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    I would guess the mixing with 7s at training was the root of it

Doesn't look like it tbh...now they do say one of other possibilities... but leaving your bubble for a jolly outing and no retests is bad..very bad

https://www.nation.lk/online/england-s-six-nations-match-up-with-france-now-in-doubt-60673.html#:~:text=27%20February%202021-,England's%20Six%20Nations%20clash%20against%20France%20has%20been%20thrown%20into,tested%20positive%20for%20the%20virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭roadmaster

icdg wrote: »

Would there be enough interest here for an irish broadcaster to show the top 14 ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Setanta showed it many years ago. I don’t think eir will be doing many deals until it becomes clear whether they have retained the Pro14 rights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Ironic given the noises from the French govt before the tournament about Covid procedures in the other 6Ns countries.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement