Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

ah yeah, the quintessential symbol of absolutism...
    josh.shrug.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

ah yeah, the quintessential symbol of absolutism...
    josh.shrug.jpg

I don't know about that. Is that not the picture of a man who's been shown a shovel and a spade and asked to take his pick? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

prawnsambo wrote: »
    The report does make Nigel responsible, I mean they said it was a hia due to the referees decision. They've basically thrown him under the bus.
    And Nigel acted on the French players who were indicating a head injury. And that was just in the case of Dupont. When Jallibert was down, it was the match doctor who called for a HIA based on the fact that he lay prone and unmoving for a period of time.

So I don't think Nigel was thrown under a bus. He's the on-pitch authority and he can't be ignored. And he can't ignore players indicating a head injury if he hasn't seen the impact himself. Or hasn't seen it in super slo-mo.
    So the referee must refer to hia if the player indicates it and the match doctor must refer hia if the referee indicates it, therefore the player decides on hia, they should explicitly say that in the rule book. Otherwise, similar to diving in soccer, the onus is on the referee to decide whether a player is faking or not with the added backup that the match doctor can unilaterally overrule the referee

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

So the referee must refer to hia if the player indicates it and the match doctor must refer hia if the referee indicates it, therefore the player decides on hia, they should explicitly say that in the rule book. Otherwise, similar to diving in soccer, the onus is on the referee to decide whether a player is faking or not with the added backup that the match doctor can unilaterally overrule the referee

There's zero chance that a referee is ever going to tell a player they're faking a HIA. Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Worcester beat Gloucester and Saints beat Irish, that's London Irish pretty much guaranteed relegation now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

https://amp.independent.ie/sport/rugby/international-rugby/neil-francis-how-can-you-trust-a-man-who-wears-a-bun-in-his-hair-to-defend-your-line-36616148.html

"Can you trust a man who wears a bun in his hair to defend your line?"

Another Neil Francis special

How can people who print this sort of s*** live with themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

https://amp.independent.ie/sport/rugby/international-rugby/neil-francis-how-can-you-trust-a-man-who-wears-a-bun-in-his-hair-to-defend-your-line-36616148.html

"Can you trust a man who wears a bun in his hair to defend your line?"

Another Neil Francis special

How can people who print this sort of s*** live with themselves?

He's having a pop at Leinster for once...he actually has a decent knowledge of the game.... but nobodys gives a flying monkeys left nut anymore as he's just become a bad George Hook caricature.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

He's having a pop at Leinster for once...

Joke?

Joke?

Mayhaps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Mayhaps :)

It really wasn't, was it.

• Advertisement

It really wasn't, was it.

I try to be subtle and it goes over your heads... going to stick with what I know from now on... Rub it in your face innuendo !

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Awful news,

A Doncaster Knights player passed away at training this morning.
    It is with great sadness that Doncaster RFC announces the passing of prop forward Ian Williams.

Ian collapsed at training at Castle Park this morning and, despite the best efforts of the emergency response team, could not be resuscitated.

Ian joined the Club in summer 2017 from Rotherham Titans and quickly became a well-liked member of the Knights squad making six appearances for the Club.

We extend our deepest sympathies to Ian’s mother Pippa, father Phillip & and sister Helen and are working with a counselling team in the best interest of Ian’s teammates.

Details of Ian’s funeral will be posted once known.

The club will be making no further comment at this time.

https://www.drfc.co.uk/news/article/ian-williams

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Awful news,

A good few Irish lads are playing there going by the 42.ie articles of players abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Awful news,

Yeah just saw that. Awful stuff.

Ex Munster hooker Mark McDermott has been appointed Russia's new coach

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Leicester putting Saracens to the sword, up 6-28 away from home with 12 minutes to go.

Sarries with a bit of a comeback but it finishes 20-28 to Leicester. Try bonus for the visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I see the Bandon Grammar School Rugby Coach is off to Tolouse to coach their forwards from next season!

Whomever it was that got him down to Bandon in the first place was a genius, he was under the radar for years.

razorblunt wrote: »
    I see the Bandon Grammar School Rugby Coach is off to Tolouse to coach their forwards from next season!

Whomever it was that got him down to Bandon in the first place was a genius, he was under the radar for years.

He used to coach at Bordeaux, so he's been in the T14 already. What he was doing in Bandon I do not know.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

He used to coach at Bordeaux, so he's been in the T14 already. What he was doing in Bandon I do not know.

Brandon rfc had hired him as senior coach and they partner with grammar school. The connection was between Bandon DOR and clerkin in Bordeaux.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

dregin wrote: »

Tommy... Jamie....and now Ryle... truly these are dark days for us mere mortals

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

razorblunt wrote: »

He was with club in Bandon as much as the school.
    Wanted a break. Try something different or in his own words
    "Essentially, I’m here in Bandon to start a project"
    sydthebeat wrote: »
    Brandon rfc had hired him as senior coach and they partner with grammar school. The connection was between Bandon DOR and clerkin in Bordeaux.
    They partnered with the school to allow them be able to pay Sonnes wages. He signed a two year deal with option of a third to coach in Cork

I was wondering how he'd take RTE's loss of pretty much all their rugby coverage. Perhaps he's followed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I was wondering how he'd take RTE's loss of pretty much all their rugby coverage. Perhaps he's followed it?

I'm fairly sure he's the mastermind behind RTE losing all the rugby.

He's the head of sport in RTE! If there's anyone responsible for the loss of rugby coverage it's Ryle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

world cup winning prop wyatt crockett the big retirement news from today. most caps in super rugby and 45 consecutive tests unbeaten. a hero

He's the head of sport in RTE! If there's anyone responsible for the loss of rugby coverage it's Ryle.
    I doubt he gets to make financial decisions.

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Eir Sport if he's still thinking about doing commentary.
    Thousand times better than the rubbish they have in place now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

world cup winning prop wyatt crockett the big retirement news from today. most caps in super rugby and 45 consecutive tests unbeaten. a hero

I've only just realised now why his name always sounded funny to me - it's a mix of Wyatt Earp and Davy Crockett.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement