Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

world cup winning prop wyatt crockett the big retirement news from today.

:rolleyes: subtle

Anyway, lucky to go out on his own terms - nice way to ease out of it too. No doubt the NZ conveyor belt will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Podge_irl wrote: »

Anyway, lucky to go out on his own terms - nice way to ease out of it too. No doubt the NZ conveyor belt will continue.
    I think 'sad' is the word you're actually looking for. It wasn't very subtle at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Don't feed the tolls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Switched from attack shapes to defence for the latest technical podcast. Discussing skills, organisation and tackle technique to be able play a blitz defence. If anyon has any questions or ideas about how to improve, then please let me know. 

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Calum Clark broke his arm against Leicester at the weekend.

The irony is strong with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

The mills grind slow, but they grind exceeding sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

Double world cup winner Jerome Kaino bids adieu to Nz rugby. The best backrower to retire this year by any metric.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Double world cup winner Jerome Kaino bids adieu to Nz rugby. The best backrower to retire this year by any metric.

He's not retiring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

MJohnston wrote: »

He's not retiring.

From playing proper rugby ....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

From playing proper rugby ....

True. Bloody northern hemisphere playing rugby with hockey sticks and cattle as we do. At least he'll be handsomely remunerated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

This is your second attempt at this and it's even more pathetic than the last

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

You should tell Kaino he is retiring as he appears to think he is off to France.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

From one Kiwi to another why do you always have to be a bit of a c*ck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

swiwi_ wrote: »

It's in ye're nature? :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ah you don't still keep believing this guy is a Kiwi after all these re-reges surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

It's in ye're nature? :D

Still wouldn't be funny if you had got your punctuation right!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I agree. Except I wouldn't have used "a bit of".

As for Kaino, sorry to see him go. He was always one of my favourite players. Can't decide if I would have him or Michael Jones at blindside in my All Time All Blacks XV. He definitely goes down as one of the greats. I reckon he should have gotten World Player of the Year in 2011.

Hopefully the Blues can give him a decent farewell season. Please Blues please. Don't be **** this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

He didnt snap his own arm did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Didn't realise Kaino's age, he'll be 35 by the start of next season and 36 by the end of it.

Best blindside of the professional era?

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I agree. Except I wouldn't have used "a bit of".

As for Kaino, sorry to see him go. He was always one of my favourite players. Can't decide if I would have him or Michael Jones at blindside in my All Time All Blacks XV. He definitely goes down as one of the greats. I reckon he should have gotten World Player of the Year in 2011.

Hopefully the Blues can give him a decent farewell season. Please Blues please. Don't be **** this year.

Kaino at 6. Jones was the greatest natural NZ 7 I've ever seen...although with his record, McCaw would probably make the team ahead of him. Didn't rate Jones quite so highly at 6.

But when I was a kid just getting into rugby, Jones was pure awesome, he always had Australia tied around his little finger. That gruesome knee injury vs Argentina was the stuff of nightmares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Didn't realise Kaino's age, he'll be 35 by the start of next season and 36 by the end of it.

Best blindside of the professional era?

Serge Betsen, up there for best blibdside too?

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Serge Betsen, up there for best blibdside too?

No. Kaino was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

No. Kaino was better.

Ok, don't watch a lot of SH rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Reckon if Ferris had been injury free for more than a couple of games he'd be pretty high up in the rankings of all time 6's.

Reckon if Ferris had been injury free for more than a couple of games he'd be pretty high up in the rankings of all time 6's.

Some of the SA 6s have been excellent down thru the years. Although I always get confused because of the way their 7s wears 6 and their 6s wear 7.

Richard Hill
    The Rocky-Meister

Ferris was pretty good before his injury curse too.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

Some of the SA 6s have been excellent down thru the years. Although I always get confused because of the way their 7s wears 6 and their 6s wear 7.

Richard Hill
    The Rocky-Meister

Ferris was pretty good before his injury curse too.

Richard Hill was some player.

Richard Hill was very good. Wasn't as dynamic and didn't have the ball skills of Kaino but perfect for England at that time. Ferris was good, could have been great but unfortunately we'll never know.

I'm sorry to all the Leinster fans here but Rocky wasn't that good. Don't get me wrong, his season at Leinster he was outstanding. Best in Europe. But he was an average test player and nothing special in SR.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Richard Hill was very good. Wasn't as dynamic and didn't have the ball skills of Kaino but perfect for England at that time. Ferris was good, could have been great but unfortunately we'll never know.

I'm sorry to all the Leinster fans here but Rocky wasn't that good. Don't get me wrong, his season at Leinster he was outstanding. Best in Europe. But he was an average test player and nothing special in SR.

I'm trying to recall when exactly it was, but I remember Richard Hill on basically one leg still being the best player on the pitch in one of the HEC knock out games. Against Munster I think.

Ah, I know Rocky wasn't all that overall, but by god he was amazing for Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

One year with Leinster is all I need to know Rocky was the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I'm trying to recall when exactly it was, but I remember Richard Hill on basically one leg still being the best player on the pitch in one of the HEC knock out games. Against Munster I think.

Ah, I know Rocky wasn't all that overall, but by god he was amazing for Leinster.

That was 2008 I think, and I'm also pretty sure it's the only season he played a HEC knockout game. Spent his whole career at Saracens who did nothing in the competition until that season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement