Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Richard Hill was very good. Wasn't as dynamic and didn't have the ball skills of Kaino but perfect for England at that time. Ferris was good, could have been great but unfortunately we'll never know.

I'm sorry to all the Leinster fans here but Rocky wasn't that good. Don't get me wrong, his season at Leinster he was outstanding. Best in Europe. But he was an average test player and nothing special in SR.

You go to hell!

But yeah. I think a lot of it was that he was still quite young when he was at Leinster (24 I think?) and he never maintained that sort of form afterwards. A combination of repeated injuries and 2008-9 being a bit of a freak year for him.

Kaino was brilliant but I'd be in the Richard Hill camp too, he was an incredible player. He was probably the best out of the trio of him, Back and Dallaglio and that's saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Rocky Elsom basically had the season of his life at Leinster and never played as well as he did after that season. I think his stock would be higher in the SH if he had had that season down there, rather than up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

swiwi_ wrote: »
    From one Kiwi to another why do you always have to be a bit of a c*ck?

A very tiny *ne.....

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

George smith was a pretty handy 6.

But I'd agree with kaino and hill, with honourable mentions to pienaar and JC

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

We shouldn't really care about Rocky not playing well down below in Super Rugby. There's loads of great Leinster players who never were incredible standouts at schools' rugby for example. If they shine after making the step up to the highest level just as Rocky did, then fair play to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Wilson cleared of gouging..seems his fingers are bent in an arc from an old injury...and that was the explaination of the angle they moved across Hughes face

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Just saw this on PR, unreal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfvsZpgAPiw/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

Just saw this on PR, unreal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfvsZpgAPiw/

the halcyon days

the halcyon days

Please explain what you think those sort of tackles add to the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Fear of being tackled? :p

• Advertisement

well one thing i have noted about it ( and other clips of a similar ilk) is the lack of complaining from fans, commentators and team mates.

while i agree both tackles in that clip are lamentable i do think we have talked ourselves into a modern day cul de sac of tackle hyperbole abuse.

i see no problem with either of the below for example, one of which cost ireland the match. i repeat... i have no issue with either of the below

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Don't bother

Pretty shocking treatment of Eddie Jones, absolute scum bags of the highest order.

https://twitter.com/danroan/status/969114269064232965

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Yeah, absolute tw*ts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I can't stand the guy, but that's completely out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

That's shocking. I'd be extremely embarrassed if I was a Scottish fan (I know these are obviously these are just a few pricks but still).

They truly were the halcyon days!!!

Bazzo wrote: »
    That's shocking. I'd be extremely embarrassed if I was a Scottish fan (I know these are obviously these are just a few pricks but still).

They were nasty enough in Edinburgh after the allblacks game in November too. Was a bad vibe walking back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

That winger was a tough cookie. Gets a shoeing on the buttocks from a flying hooker and a couple more for good luck and it barely registers. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Given the fact its very unlikely that any rugby will be played on TV this weekend we should organise our own game of snow-tip! :D

Would you? I doubt those lads are even rugby fans. Just lads who recognised him.

There's assholes everywhere.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    That winger was a tough cookie. Gets a shoeing on the buttocks from a flying hooker and a couple more for good luck and it barely registers. :eek:

Brian Moore does a great job of binding while he does it too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

.ak wrote: »
    Would you? I doubt those lads are even rugby fans. Just lads who recognised him.

There's assholes everywhere.

Yes. If he was abused by a bunch of Irish tools I'd be embarrassed.

Yes. If he was abused by a bunch of Irish tools I'd be embarrassed.

I wouldn't. I think in this day and age people realise one group of people do not represent an entire Nation.

.ak wrote: »
    I wouldn't. I think in this day and age people realise one group of people do not represent an entire Nation.

Typical Irish attitude.

Typical Irish attitude.

Ooh, controversial. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rala_

I know I'm gonna sound biased saying this but couldn't really imagine any Irish lads giving Eddie jones that hard a time. It's very pathetic carry on and completely against what rugby stands for.

Rala_ wrote: »
    I know I'm gonna sound biased saying this but couldn't really imagine any Irish lads giving Eddie jones that hard a time. It's very pathetic carry on and completely against what rugby stands for.

Were they not fans heading to a Soccer game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Erasmus to coach the Boks. Really didn't see that coming...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement