Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

meow

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What does it say for people who don't have Twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Alan Gaffney was asked where George North was today and he replied ”You’d better ask George that. We picked a side who actually wanted to be out on the pitch and the best side for the game.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

"Where was George North today?
    Alan Gaffney: ”You’d better ask George that. We picked a side who actually wanted to be out on the pitch and the best side for the game.”"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

The way they've been playing for the last 18 months you'd have to wonder do any of Northamptons players really want to be out on the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The link will still load even if you don't have Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Clermont are in a relegation fight. They need to beat La Rochelle tomorrow. Would be bizarre if they get relegated as european champions

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Clermont are in a relegation fight. They need to beat La Rochelle tomorrow. Would be bizarre if they get relegated as european champions

Seeing as this would involve changing history to make them european champions, yes, extremely bizarre!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Seeing as this would involve changing history to make them european champions, yes, extremely bizarre!

He means if they win this year's CC and get relegated.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,583 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Neil3030 wrote: »

I think Burkie1203 is suggesting it would be bizarre if they won the ECC this year and got relegated as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ah right, sorry about that!

Exeter 9-0 up against Sarries on BT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭OldRio

Sarries scrum in all sorts of bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Watching the USA 7's last night and this happened :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

SuprSi wrote: »

Christian Cullen says hello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Some lovely feet there, Ali would have been proud!

Clean breaks are often made when a mismatch is spotted in the defense... like when a prop sees a center and a winger

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Clean breaks are often made when a mismatch is spotted in the defense... like when a prop sees a center and a winger
    He looks like a prop alright. But he's wearing the number 23 jersey? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

prawnsambo wrote: »
    He looks like a prop alright. But he's wearing the number 23 jersey? :confused:

It's just one of those quirky French things. He came on for the prop who got sent off in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

It's just one of those quirky French things. He came on for the prop who got sent off in that game.
    Actually it seems that he plays (according to Wikipedia) in the following positions: Prop, Hooker, Centre and Wing. :D

The quirkiness is the fact that sub props are numbers 17 and 23. The 22 is the reserve back. It's all a bit mad Ted. :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

It makes some sense. The squad increased from 22 to 23 so that two props would be on the bench so the 23rd player is essentially the second prop.

It's not standardised though. I've seen teams line up with props at 21 and 23 and others with 17/18 and I think I sent a hooker with the 19 jersey one time.

THe senior cup team the year after me had to reverse the subs jerseys as they ordered the sizes the wrong way round. Props were 22 and 21, hooker 23 all the way down to the scrum half at 18 and back at 16

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

PUT THE DAMN POSITIONS IN ORDER... :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

SuprSi wrote: »

It might just be me but I always have a "meh" response to clips from 7s (EXCEPT for the Scottish lad that tracked back from 24 miles away and made a try saving tackle in the corner) but 7 players and full size pitches always allow this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

PUT THE DAMN POSITIONS IN ORDER... :(:(:(:(

I agree. And while we're at it, tell the French and the South Africans that the openside wears 7 and the blindside wears 6!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I agree. And while we're at it, tell the French and the South Africans that the openside wears 7 and the blindside wears 6!! :mad:

Don't French teams often just play left and right as opposed to SA who reverse the numbers?

• Advertisement

Yeah_Right wrote: »

You'll need to explain the concept of open and blind side flankers to them first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement