Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Both teams were crap too. If you really wanted above all else in your life to blow the whistle a record number of times in a match, that was one of them. I didn't see a single set piece that I couldn't find at least two infringements. And as for rucks...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    After an appeal by spain last month was rejected by a Romanian administrator

Why was WR instead of ER not selecting the refs? Personally I support in theory promotion/relegation for the 6N, but not if the next tier down is just corrupt. I'm expecting something to come of this - judging by rugby forums its annoying rugby fans who have no personal interest in whether it's Spain or Romania who qualify, but want rugby to stay clean.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Both teams were crap too. If you really wanted above all else in your life to blow the whistle a record number of times in a match, that was one of them. I didn't see a single set piece that I couldn't find at least two infringements. And as for rucks...

Come watch my team play :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Why was WR instead of ER not selecting the refs? Personally I support in theory promotion/relegation for the 6N, but not if the next tier down is just corrupt. I'm expecting something to come of this - judging by rugby forums its annoying rugby fans who have no personal interest in whether it's Spain or Romania who qualify, but want rugby to stay clean.

ER run the competition.

There was an English ref in the other game which was irrelevant. A simple swap of officials solves the problem to a degree.

The whole structure could come under the 6n umbrella to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

That's one of the most infuriating things I've seen. The guy is a cheat, what an absolute disgrace. The match should be replayed. That ref shouldn't be allowed near a Fr. Godfrey Cup match.
    should that not be a rugby pitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I joked a few years ago about rocking up with my German passport and trying to get a few caps, thinking the standard would be too high to bother. But after seeing what the higher end of that pool is like I reckon I'd have a decent shot at international caps, especially considering Germany have lost all 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I joked a few years ago about rocking up with my German passport and trying to get a few caps, thinking the standard would be too high to bother. But after seeing what the higher end of that pool is like I reckon I'd have a decent shot at international caps, especially considering Germany have lost all 5.

Played a tour in Germany before. Technically poor but they absolutely f*cked us up physically. We almost beat them as our skills were much, much better but man, we were black and blue. I'd say 10 of their starting team had six packs and this was low level stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rugby fix for those in need. BBC 2 NI. Schools final on live.

I've gone all KB warrior and fired off my displeasure to WR and to AP...

...so I'm delighted that WR have released this statement

"Following an email from Swiwi we can confirm that while World Rugby does not appoint match officials for the Rugby Europe Championship, it is in contact with Rugby Europe to understand the context of events relating to the Belgium v Spain match in Brussels on Sunday, which doubled as an important RWC 2019 qualifier.”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 109 ✭✭IIGeminiII

Actually very disappointed. Girlfriend is Spanish (supporting irish team for years) and I'd have enjoyed the craic with her and her family what with being in the same pool. Quite a bit of interest over there. At the very least it makes rugby look like real amateur hour stuff. Only watched the highlights so wont say more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Just in case anyone is interested, lifestyle sale
    https://goo.gl/aWBJKr

Enter CT3ZAYMZN for an extra discount.
    Quite a bit of Ulster gear, some AB's and a few odds and ends, Southern Kings, Cardiff Blues etc... might be of use to someone

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Not sure if it been posted elsewhere srry if it has.but was reading more about the belguim v spain game.turns out all 3 officials where Romanian.Spain asked for a change of officials but where turned down by the head of rugby europe who wait for it is also Romanian lmao.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Not sure if it been posted elsewhere srry if it has.but was reading more about the belguim v spain game.turns out all 3 officials where Romanian.Spain asked for a change of officials but where turned down by the head of rugby europe who wait for it is also Romanian lmao.
    Discussed in this thread a bit as well as in below thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057842769&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Discussed in this thread a bit as well as in below thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057842769&page=2

Ah ok my bad srry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

RIP to former All Black and Samoan international Dylan Mika. Died of a suspected heart attack aged 45.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    RIP to former All Black and Samoan international Dylan Mika. Died of a suspected heart attack aged 45.

Bloody hell. 45 is young. RIP.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Anyone know where the clubs playing Kings in Port Elizabeth train before the game? Will be down that way the week before Munster play them and wouldn't mind going down to watch, if it's doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Major League Rugby sign a deal with ESPN to show 18 of 31 total games: https://www.usmlr.com/news/major-league-rugby-and-espn-announce-rights-agreement

dregin wrote: »
    Anyone know where the clubs playing Kings in Port Elizabeth train before the game? Will be down that way the week before Munster play them and wouldn't mind going down to watch, if it's doable.

That game is on somewhere else I think, a few hundred miles away

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

It's on in George, about halfway between PE and Cape Town. I think it's about 400km and has it's own small airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Have been to George when in SA. I wouldn't be rushing back at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I would suggest staying in Wilderness on the coast and travelling to George on the day of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Channel 4 have signed a deal to get one game per round of the European Cup for the next 4 seasons.

http://www.epcrugby.com/news/37386.php

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

razorblunt wrote: »
    Channel 4 have signed a deal to get one game per round of the European Cup for the next 4 seasons.

http://www.epcrugby.com/news/37386.php
    You're very late to that piece of news. :D

prawnsambo wrote: »
    You're very late to that piece of news. :D

Ah yes, Paddy's Weekend in Chicago will do that to a man!!
    What was the score from Twickenham......

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Aye, we'll be in Plettenberg Bay for a couple of nights during that week, but will be heading back to Ireland the day of the game.

Conrad Smith to retire :(

One of my all time fave players - gave hope to skinny white fellas (like me before I got fat...) that they could mix it with Polynesian power.

I agree that Gary Ringrose is potentially hewn from the same stone.

Conrad Smith to retire :(

One of my all time fave players - gave hope to skinny white fellas (like me before I got fat...) that they could mix it with Polynesian power.

I agree that Gary Ringrose is potentially hewn from the same stone.

I've got great time for players like him, pure brain over brawn.
    I always thought Geoff Parling was similar in today's day of huge second rows.

The grey horses of rugby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

And two of the best English coaches work in Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement