Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Folau up to his gay-bashing bull**** again?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Folau up to his gay-bashing bull**** again?

Aye, on Instagram. Said they're all going to HELL (emphasis his). He should talk to the Pope about that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Read one a couple of years ago that was quite interesting. It was a history of the sport going back to the 1800s (even earlier I think) and how it was spread to different parts of the world. I think it was called The Oval World. I'll have to dig it out of some boxes to confirm the title.

I saw a book with that description and name on amazon. Sweet. I might buy it so. Thanks for the recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

MJohnston wrote: »
    Aye, on Instagram. Said they're all going to HELL (emphasis his). He should talk to the Pope about that one.

Happy to use religion to denigrate an entire group but also says he is happy to play on a Sunday as its as an 'expression of his faith'. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

His Twitter feed is just constant bible quotes and repetitions of 'God is great'.

He doesn't seem to be all there, to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

bilston wrote: »
    I may have said it once or twice(!) But yes a B&I league would be bloody brilliant! Big TV deals, big crowds, big sponsorship, it would grab a lot of attention from non rugny folk...that said Ulster would be in the 2nd tier right now, so let's hold off for 2 or 3 years!.

But the TV money outside of England is proportionally less than it is in England, no? So it would be financially less beneficial for them to go down that route, i.e. a bit more money to be spread out over a lot more teams. And would that also mean an end to the Champions Cup? Where would it fit in the calendar? Would the B&I league make more per club than the AP and CC comps combined?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Subscribers Posts: 41,585 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

No outcome yet on the spain, belgium, russia, tahaiti, etc etc controversy ???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    The Arthur J Gallagher & Co Premiership is quite a mouthful :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

molloyjh wrote: »
    But the TV money outside of England is proportionally less than it is in England, no? So it would be financially less beneficial for them to go down that route, i.e. a bit more money to be spread out over a lot more teams. And would that also mean an end to the Champions Cup? Where would it fit in the calendar? Would the B&I league make more per club than the AP and CC comps combined?

Why would it mean an end to the Champions Cup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Wont be for a while.
    bilston wrote: »
    Why would it mean an end to the Champions Cup?
    If we went from teams qualifying from 3 leagues to just 2 for europe then yeah it possibly would lead to end of champions cup due to overkill of teams playing same sides over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

A few people here haven’t read the article :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

sydthebeat wrote: »

They're all accusing each other of playing illegible players in the competition..could end up with the major parties being expelled worst case scenario.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,585 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

They're all accusing each other of playing illegible players in the competition..could end up with the major parties being expelled worst case scenario.

Tahiti are already expelled, so the bar is set.

Rugby Europe come out of this looking very very amateurish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I know some of their names are hard to pronounce, but I didn't think it was something they could be expelled from the competition for. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

In fairness, some of the foreign lads have funny names alright but expulsion seems a bit much.

Edit: beaten to it, and that was going to be the highlight of my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Brilliant! And I'm not going to edit it...I'm blaming the need for speed-typing after a half a bottle of green jalapeño sauce in Boojum yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ben Betts has signed for Ealing Trailfinders.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I know some of their names are hard to pronounce, but I didn't think it was something they could be expelled from the competition for. :p
    In fairness, some of the foreign lads have funny names alright but expulsion seems a bit much.

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Ben Betts has signed for Ealing Trailfinders.

Thought he was off to Leicester, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

I thought he went to Leicester a couple of seasons ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I thought he went to Leicester a couple of seasons ago?

First I'm hearing of it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Pretty sure that's a misprint. We'd have heard about that.

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png
    The only conflict there is in your head. Great minds don't stoop to that level. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Interesting that they explicitly stated that they felt a replay would be the best course of action

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The Black Stags

Can I post this here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLVXW0RmBmI

'Tis about the 2nd division international scene in Europe, interview with an Irish coach who I think was working in Germany at the moment. Covers a bit of the controversy at the end of it too.

• Advertisement

Can I post this here:

'Tis about the 2nd division international scene in Europe, interview with an Irish coach who I think was working in Germany at the moment. Covers a bit of the controversy at the end of it too.
    FYP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement