Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Squatter wrote: »
    Plus the fact that Rassie is allowed to use the SAffie emigrants. Half of Montpellier may well be playing for SA - possibly including Ruan Pienaar - or that nifty little Sale scrum half (Du Klerk?)

Yeah he had a great season with Sale. Very nippy and aggressive to the point of being narky. Finished a great try a few weeks ago for Sale. Great work by Haley too, who has moved to Munster and who qualifies for Ireland. Hang on and I'll see if it's on Youtube... Here we go:

molloyjh wrote: »
    All true, it's just hard to know how quickly Rassie can turn things around there. And England won't be shy of motivation either, needing a win to break the current streak.

England should have done that this weekend. They just lost at home in Twickenham. Again. Shipping 63 points, to a scratch team.

I agree with others on here, Jones will be watching as many Munster games as SA games to get a feel for things and Rassie can select whom he wants. Very different situation and things can turn around quick enough, Joe won a six nations his first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Yeah he had a great season with Sale. Very nippy and aggressive to the point of being narky. Finished a great try a few weeks ago for Sale. Great work by Haley too, who has moved to Munster and who qualifies for Ireland. Hang on and I'll see if it's on Youtube... Here we go:

Forgotten his role in Ireland losing the series against South Africa already?

http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/jotoole/south-africas-little-giant-faf-de-klerk/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Forgotten his role in Ireland losing the series against South Africa already?

http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/jotoole/south-africas-little-giant-faf-de-klerk/

All will be forgiven if he repeats the feat against England.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ben Te'o is the latest England to get injured in training and pull out of the tour.

This won't do Jones any favours with the media's questioning of his training methods.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,586 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

So mark mccall signs a new sarries context till 2022.

He must be very happy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The Springbok team to face Wales in Washington (in order of name, franchise, Test caps and points):

15. Curwin Bosch (Cell C Sharks, 1, 0)
    14. Travis Ismaiel (Vodacom Bulls, uncapped)
    13. Jesse Kriel (Vodacom Bulls, 29, 40 - 8t)
    12. Andre Esterhuizen (Cell C Sharks, uncapped)
    11. Makazole Mapimpi (Cell C Sharks, uncapped)
    10. Elton Jantjies (Emirates Lions, 23, 203 - 2t, 38c, 39p)
    9. Ivan van Zyl (Vodacom Bulls, uncapped)
    8. Dan du Preez (Cell C Sharks, 3, 0)
    7. Oupa Mohoje (Toyota Cheetahs 18, 0)
    6. Kwagga Smith (Emirates Lions, uncapped)
    5. Pieter-Steph du Toit (captain, DHL Stormers, 32, 20 - 4t)
    4. Jason Jenkins (Vodacom Bulls, uncapped)
    3. Wilco Louw (DHL Stormers, 5, 0)
    2. Chiliboy Ralepelle (Cell C Sharks 23, 5 - 1t)
    1. Ox Nche (prop, Toyota Cheetahs, uncapped)

Replacements:
    16. Akker van der Merwe (Cell C Sharks, uncapped)
    17. Steven Kitshoff (DHL Stormers, 23, 5 - 1t)
    18. Thomas du Toit (Cell C Sharks, uncapped)
    19. Marvin Orie (Emirates Lions, uncapped)
    20. Sikhumbuzo Notshe (DHL Stormers, uncapped)
    21. Embrose Papier (Vodacom Bulls, uncapped)
    22. Robert du Preez (Cell C Sharks, uncapped)
    23. Warrick Gelant (Vodacom Bulls, 2, 5 - 1t)

Ox Nche who stood out in the Pro14 gets a first cap for SA.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Time to start watching the Saffers very closely...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

13/23 uncapped players.

Would this be considered SA's best 23 I wonder? It's not an ideal trip to make the week before you host England for a three test tour so I wouldn't be surprised if Rassie sent a more experimental test side to keep the core of the team fresh for next week.

Still surprises me that Elton Jantjies is the starting 10 for a team that has won the world cup twice, I've yet to see him put in a performance that would give you confidence in his ability to control a game but admittedly I've seen little of his super rugby career.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 June18zellie

Would this be considered SA's best 23 I wonder? It's not an ideal trip to make the week before you host England for a three test tour so I wouldn't be surprised if Rassie sent a more experimental test side to keep the core of the team fresh for next week.

Still surprises me that Elton Jantjies is the starting 10 for a team that has won the world cup twice, I've yet to see him put in a performance that would give you confidence in his ability to control a game but admittedly I've seen little of his super rugby career.

Far from the starting team,this is Rassie keeping people happy,1st choice will play against England,Elton isn’t the starting 10 for England it will be pollard and maybe Dupreez for one game if pollard stays fit,

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Not even close - Erasmus said he was concentrating on the English fixtures and was sending a shadow side to US - At least 6-8 starters not travelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Ox Nché who stood out in the Pro14 gets a first cap for SA.

Thoroughly deserved.

Thoroughly deserved.

Decent player but not near Kitshoff,beast,dutoit so that puts him at fourth best on he’s best day?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Clive Woodward comes across as a PR spokesperson for the RFU half the time these days. It's a terrible argument though, sure it's hard to prepare for a game like this but then when the opposition have two training sessions before the game and are on the piss the entire week you should really just focus on your own game and then show up in front of your home crowd to some degree.

The body language of the players spoke volumes at full time, Jones does not have the players on side at the moment.

Decent player but not near Kitshoff,beast,dutoit so that puts him at fourth best on he’s best day?

Sorry, but I can't agree with you about Kitshoff! An average prop who probably wouldn't even get on the full-strength Leinster or Munster bench!

Sorry, but I can't agree with you about Kitshoff! An average prop who probably wouldn't even get on the full-strength Leinster or Munster bench!

U dillusional pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

U dillusional pal.

One of us certainly is!

Sure if he was any good then he wouldn't be still playing in South Africa! ;)

• Advertisement

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Sounds like Neil may have met a man with two pints in a pub last night!

One of us certainly is!

Sure if he was any good then he wouldn't be still playing in South Africa! ;)

He is playing in South Africa

Good spot! Now maybe try re-reading my post with your specs on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

That's what he said. :D

If he was any good, he wouldn't be. That was the point. :p

prawnsambo wrote: »
    That's what he said. :D

If he was any good, he wouldn't be. That was the point. :p

Sorrr we all can’t have clubs teams overflowing with foreigners,academies over flowing with foreigners,international team overflowing with foreigners and foreign coaches through tout ur club and international sides,and instill looking to buy more mercenaries.best of luck in Aus,another summer tour lost to a **** SH team

Sorrr we all can’t have clubs teams overflowing with foreigners,academies over flowing with foreigners,international team overflowing with foreigners and foreign coaches through tout ur club and international sides,and instill looking to buy more mercenaries.best of luck in Aus,another summer tour lost to a **** SH team
    I believe you're trying to make a point. A pity I can't read it.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I believe you're trying to make a point. A pity I can't read it.

Might as well call ur Irish team the baa baas,same selection style

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Might as well call your Springboks the Southern Kings, same performance and results :D

Might as well call your Springboks the Southern Kings, same performance and results :D

Yup that what happens when politics get involved,how about 50% travelers in ur team then see what happens

• Advertisement

Chuckle.

Sure what are saffers but a bunch of inbred imports? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement