Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Buer wrote: »
    Am I missing something here? That's a fairly normal hashtag for them to use; it's used on lots of their articles where someone has been found/plead guilty. The guy who named the complainant plead guilty.

Not for a second do I think they were alluding to anything else if that's what people are suggesting.

It's an oversight given the context but it's not really that big of a deal, they took it down fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

So I think on Social media the article had a picture of PJ, SO et al, and the headline began with #guilty.

Of course, I don't particularly care. Guy got fined 300 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

It's an oversight given the context but it's not really that big of a deal, they took it down fairly quickly.

It's still a hashtag at the top of the article when you click into it. I don't think they're bothered whatsoever.

I imagine the issue was them having that hashtag on show over a photograph of the accused players but the headline right next to it was obviously regarding the naming of the complainant by a 3rd party.

It's still a hashtag at the top of the article when you click into it. I don't think they're bothered whatsoever.

I imagine the issue was them having that hashtag on show over a photograph of the accused players but the headline right next to it was obviously regarding the naming of the complainant by a 3rd party.

Doesn't show on the app, they previously had it there when scrolling through it was below the headline, but they've changed it to #PSNI instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

There was an article in thejournal.ie about the man who released the name of the complainant in the Belfast trial being fined £300.

The author of the piece decided to lead with #guilty as his clickbait.

The hashtag was put over a pictures Jackson and Olding. It was basically their faces with #guilty on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Judge for yourselves.

DtLJcovXcAEDD5p.jpg

Judge for yourselves.

DtLJcovXcAEDD5p.jpg

That's not it. It was in white over Olding's face. I got a screen grab but have left work so can't access it.

That's not it. It was in white over Olding's face. I got a screen grab but have left work so can't access it.

It renders differently on the website, and across different OS apps.

It renders differently on the website, and across different OS apps.

Yeah. There's no issue with what you've posted there. Eariler, on the desktop website, it was across Olding's head.

No one is going to lose their job over that. It's hard to believe it's innocent but it's had the desired effect so they don't care.

• Advertisement

The Journal use that hashtag every single week and always put it in white over a photo of someone/something associated with the piece. Ill judged to how it potentially could be interpreted but a complete load of nothing in reality which was subsequently changed when someone highlighted it. They used that particular photo to generate clicks. I would imagine it was encouraged if anything; nobody will be reprimanded let alone fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The Journal use that hashtag every single week and always put it in white over a photo of someone/something associated with the piece. Ill judged to how it potentially could be interpreted but a complete load of nothing in reality which was subsequently changed when someone highlighted it. They used that particular photo to generate clicks. I would imagine it was encouraged if anything; nobody will be reprimanded let alone fired.

I’ll judged to how people want to interpret it, more like.

Storm in a teacup

I’ll judged to how people want to interpret it, more like.

Storm in a teacup

Certainly under British law, Jackson and Olding could take legal action. Don’t know about the law down South. Can’t imagine they’d want to do anything to draw attention to themselves, though.

Certainly under British law, Jackson and Olding could take legal action. Don’t know about the law down South. Can’t imagine they’d want to do anything to draw attention to themselves, though.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Anyone who posts content regularly can tell you it's incredibly easy to end up doing something like that. The guy posting the content is likely some bored intern filling out fields in a CMS and has no agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Completely forgot about the Baabaas game, kicking myself.
    Looked like a cracker of a game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Bristol hammered Leicester. Madigan was at oh.
    Sarries taking a dump on Wasps.
    Sarries are a real good side.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Dubinusa wrote: »

Bristol back row had a combined age of 97 years :D

What has happened to Toulon? 12th in the top 14????

• Advertisement

They built a skyscraper with no foundation.

Wait til you see - Boudjallal will pay Joe Schmidt his actual weight in gold to stave off coaching retirement for a year...

Leicester played majority of the game with 14 players after a high tackle on Madigan.

Watched the highlights. He went well. Involved in 2 tries showing very good hands. His scrum half, Harry Randall, was star of the show. Still only 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

In short, they signed big names instead of promoting their academy, so the good academy players just said screw this and signed with teams like LaRochelle and others.

That's only part of the problem but a major factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Leicester played majority of the game with 14 players after a high tackle on Madigan.

Watched the highlights. He went well. Involved in 2 tries showing very good hands. His scrum half, Harry Randall, was star of the show. Still only 20.

Very poor form from Leicester's Social Media Team:

https://twitter.com/LeicesterTigers/status/1068861057572184064

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Leicester as a club have really let themselves down the last year or so dating back to the comments around the Conway incident when they played munster last year. MOC and Geordan Murphy regularly said stuff that made them out to be whiny twats. Can’t say I’m upset to see them sinking despite the player pool they have being decent

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

sydthebeat wrote: »

Bristol back row had a combined age of 97 years :D
    38 year old George Smith played for them yesterday.

Doris and Penny started for Leinster in the backrow. Their combined age is 39.

Poor from the Tigers. The tackle in question was a swinging arm to the neck/jaw area. There was force but not a massive amount. Definitely one for the physio to check Madigan out but also one that conceivably wouldn't have needed any HIA.

In fairness to Murphy, he had no complaints about the card in his post match interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

The guy running the Twitter feed during a match is a nobody. If he was somebody, he'd be doing something more important during the match.

It's bad form but let's keep it in perspective. It's not really reflective of the coaches, the players or the club.

• Advertisement

The guy running the Twitter feed during a match is a nobody. If he was somebody, he'd be doing something more important during the match.

It's bad form but let's keep it in perspective. It's not really reflective of the coaches, the players or the club.

Absolutely correct.

Small proviso that they could have taken it down but it’s not important

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement