Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay shooting during hunting season

Options
  • 29-10-2017 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

I have been shooting clays for a couple of months now. Problem is most of the lads I shoot clays with are game shooters so there have been less and less lads at my local clay grounds over the last few weeks. With pheasant season starting soon it’s going to be harder and harder to get theses lads at the weekend for clay shooting. How do clay guys manage over the hunting season. Is it worth maybe trying a few different clubs to be guaranteed there will be a few groups shooting over the weekend or just keep plodding along with the odd lad who turns up lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Luckysasha wrote: »
    I have been shooting clays for a couple of months now. Problem is most of the lads I shoot clays with are game shooters so there have been less and less lads at my local clay grounds over the last few weeks. With pheasant season starting soon it’s going to be harder and harder to get theses lads at the weekend for clay shooting. How do clay guys manage over the hunting season. Is it worth maybe trying a few different clubs to be guaranteed there will be a few groups shooting over the weekend or just keep plodding along with the odd lad who turns up lol

If you are down the kildare direction a good few of us are out every weekend in harbour house. Also a good crowd in spink/macs valley, naul, courtlough etc most weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Cheers lad. Yeah it’s looking like I’m going to do a bit of snooping around up my neck of the woods and see what clubs are available. I tried courtlough but didn’t like it to be honest. Didn’t find it very welcoming to newbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

If you're ever up Cavan town way on a Sunday morning, drop me a PM and I'll bring you to our club.
    Fryed breakfast most mornings too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Good craic in Hilltop on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings when several of us shoot mainly the Compact and sometimes the Ball Trap. It's all all weather and floodlighted setup so weather isn't a limiting factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Hilltop is a bit far for me but thanks anyway I will keep it in mind. I’d love to give the compact a go under floodlights sounds like good craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

There is a floodlit range at Streete in Co. Westmeath. Never been myself yet, but will try and get this winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Rosahane wrote: »
    Good craic in Hilltop on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings when several of us shoot mainly the Compact and sometimes the Ball Trap. It's all all weather and floodlighted setup so weather isn't a limiting factor.

Sunday mornings what time is kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Sunday mornings what time is kick off.

About 11:00

Advertisement