Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple wrestlers have been released by the WWE *Emma, Summer Rae, Darren Young*

• 29-10-2017 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

WWE has come to terms on the release of Emma.

Link

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not a surprise. The internet have always said she's great in the ring but she's dull as dishwater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

They’re dropping like flies at the moment. Can’t imagine what the situation was that led to her release but it’s definitly not down to lack of talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Makes it even more stupid that she wasn't squashed by Asuka last week this. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I didn't think Emma was very good in the ring but she definitely could have drawn money if she was used right.By that I mean a valet for men and there could have been a load of possibilities.

Not everyone has to be an in ring performer. You could have used her as I'm too good looking to wrestle. Same as Eva Marie.

Nowadays WWE want everyone to wrestle and talk. No more managers or valets.Emma would know how to take a bump so she would be perfect in that role. Beautiful looking and draws eyeballs but WWE insist on everyone wrestling now. That was her worst aspect.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

J. Marston wrote: »
    Not a surprise. The internet have always said she's great in the ring but she's dull as dishwater.

I'm surprised. She has been featured prominently on Raw the past several weeks. From her whole I started the womens revolution shtick to looking good in Asuka's first match (which was actually competitive) on the main roster.

I mean just on Raw Dana Brooke has barely featured during that time while afaik Summer Rae still has a job. Surely if this was planned someone like Dana would have had Emma's recent role or Asuka would have totally squashed Emma.

edit: nope Summer no longer has a job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ibFoxer wrote: »
    WWE has come to terms on the release of Emma.

Link

She'll wind up on the Indies once the 90 day No Compete clause has run out.

I didn't think Emma was very good in the ring but she definitely could have drawn money if she was used right.By that I mean a valet for men and there could have been a load of possibilities.

Not everyone has to be an in ring performer. You could have used her as I'm too good looking to wrestle. Same as Eva Marie.

Nowadays WWE want everyone to wrestle and talk. No more managers or valets.Emma would know how to take a bump so she would be perfect in that role. Beautiful looking and draws eyeballs but WWE insist on everyone wrestling now. That was her worst aspect.

Isn't that exactly the role they tried to give her with Emmalina ? but apparently she could not pull it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Isn't that exactly the role they tried to give her with Emmalina ? but apparently she could not pull it off.

Yeah that seemed a strange one. She was probably going to wrestle too though but I am not sure. It quite literally seems like so close but yet so far for her.

Still think she was money if she was used right although its down to her too. Maybe that was the idea and she couldn't or didn't want to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

http://www.wwe.com/article/emma-darren-young-summer-rae-released

Emma is somewhat surprising as she has been more featured of late.

Surely Tamina can't survive this cull?

Maybe update the thread title????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Merging. The two threads and going to change topic title now, given this looks like a big story today.

Before anyone else does it...

WHAT'S AUTUMN DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE?

Or...

WHAT'S DARYL YOUTH DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE!?

:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was going to post that perhaps Emma requested her release when she realised there was no follow up to the Askua matches, but this seems more like a spring cleaning deal. Makes the booking over the last week more idiotic tbh.

Would say there's a lot of people worried looking at their phones today.

Summer is definitely not a surprise.

Completely forgot Young was still there too.

Wonder if that's it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Am I being a bit cynical in suggesting Darren Young would have been released a couple of years ago if he hadn’t publicly come out? Emma is surprising, Summer Rae not so much.

Pondering what the Bullet Club shirts for Emma & Darren Young will look like.

NXT is overflowing with female talent so it's no surprise that Summer (even though I liked her) in particular is now gone. I honestly cannot remember the last time she had a match, it was probably during that god awful angle she had with Rusev, Lana & Ziggler.

Darren Young too really is no loss despite seeming to be a likable guy also. Be it cos of injuries or whatever people won't notice that The Black John Cena is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I wasn't surprised in terms of Darren Young and Summer - Rae. As someone else said I didn't even know that Darren Young was still signed to the promotion. I knew summer rae was but all she did was hang around backstage not doing anything.

Summer hasn't been at a show backstage in forever. Word is she hired agents to get her modelling work etc months ago knowing this was coming.

I wonder will Neville be next ? After he walked out of the one of the raw's and he has been cut from the opening of 205 live!

And isn't Nia Jax also on a leave of absence because she isn't happy with the way she is being booked ?

• Advertisement

So how long will we go before the thread title is updated to include Neville?

They're not likely to accomadate people who want to leave. They rarely ever are.

And Handsome Rusev cryptically hinting as well.

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/924682471727423493
    If I go .... I go!

You aren't going anywhere and you know it RuRu

Monokne wrote: »
    Summer hasn't been at a show backstage in forever. Word is she hired agents to get her modelling work etc months ago knowing this was coming.

Her recent Halloween shoot was noticeably non-PG so that's probably true.

Any chance Dana Brooke could be released, she doesn't seem to be doing much on raw ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Monokne wrote: »

Surely Tamina can't survive this cull?

Job for her life due to the rock connection surely?

No other reason for her to have survived this long tbh.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Job for her life due to the rock connection surely?

No other reason for her to have survived this long tbh.

So the same goes for Nia Jax then ?

I agree about Tamina she should have been released a long time ago I was thinking it was because of her dad that she wasn't released rather than the connection to the rock. But she doesn't do much so wouldn't be missed if she was released

You aren't going anywhere and you know it RuRu

Trolling Rusev is the best Rusev.

It's amazing looking at the replies and seeing people falling for it, hook, line, and sinker..

• Advertisement

kopite386 wrote: »
    So the same goes for Nia Jax then ?

I agree about Tamina she should have been released a long time ago I was thinking it was because of her dad that she wasn't released rather than the connection to the rock. But she doesn't do much so wouldn't be missed if she was released

Jimmy Snuka was indicted for murder shortly before his death. I don't see why they would be intent on employing her for life.

Keeping Nia for Dwayne is different. They get good PR through him. They're all about that. They get nothing of the sort from Tamina, and she's got no f*cking aptitude for this business.

Advertisement