Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple wrestlers have been released by the WWE *Emma, Summer Rae, Darren Young*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Makes it even more stupid that she wasn't squashed by Asuka last week this. :eek:

Agreed. Even without this, I wanted Asuka to come in and absolutely murder her to establish the newcomer. That 50/50 match they had didn't do anything for the mystique of Asuka for the uninitiated, of which there are many.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Justin LaBar has heard there are 3 or more releases still to come. He has tended to be 50/50 of late though.

Monokne wrote: »
    Before anyone else does it...

WHAT'S AUTUMN DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE?

Or...

WHAT'S DARYL YOUTH DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE!?

:)

Daryl Youth... I popped :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Before anyone else does it...

WHAT'S AUTUMN DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE?

Or...

WHAT'S DARYL YOUTH DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE!?

:)

What about Gemmalina

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Jimmy Snuka was indicted for murder shortly before his death. I don't see why they would be intent on employing her for life.

Keeping Nia for Dwayne is different. They get good PR through him. They're all about that. They get nothing of the sort from Tamina, and she's got no f*cking aptitude for this business.

Job for life was probably melodramatic, just suspect that they genuinely don't want to piss off The Rock by releasing Tamina thus her still on the roster despite not been great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

kopite386 wrote: »
    Any chance Dana Brooke could be released, she doesn't seem to be doing much on raw ?

Maybe but her boyfriend died recently so maybe they might not want to pile on the misery.

Then again, WWE is ruthless.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Emma was always good at the silly stuff in NXT, they never ran with it on the main roster and I can see why. She would be great at the indy levels as she is good in ring and is good at the silly stuff. Not sure if she would want to go back but getting away could help her in the long run.

Summer was not that interesting imo. The fawning over her on twitter I do not get.

DYoung was just below average compared to what WWE have on the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Jimmy Snuka was indicted for murder shortly before his death. I don't see why they would be intent on employing her for life.

Yeah I actually forgot about that until you mentioned it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Guess that rules out the Emma involvement in a Paige return.

I'd say if The Ascension weren't involved with The Fashion Files that they would be going as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Sad to hear about Emma. I had a soft spot for her and I thought she was a reliable hand in the ring. I definitely would have kept Emma as she has her uses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Well Backlund failed to make Darren Young great again.

I felt that Summer Rae got called up too early on main roster and just got type casted to only being a valet.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

J. Marston wrote: »
    Maybe but her boyfriend died recently so maybe they might not want to pile on the misery.

Then again, WWE is ruthless.

Never knew McCarver was her boyfriend, actually was keeping up with his career!

Is that guy heel? Might be just in character or something. If not, might be a bit awkward around the Performance Centre.

Wonder if Peyton and Billie could be a reason that she was let go? Too many Aussie girly-girl characters?

So was Emma released or did she ask to go? whichever it is, I find it surprising considering her recent roles during Raw/PPV.

Also, if she was released, does she still have to adhere to the 90 no compete clause?

Not surprised about either D. Young or Rae, haven't seen/heard from either of those two for ages now.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear if some of the Cruiser weights are let go, I think that division is too loaded with talent and would do with a down-sizing and integration into Raw/Smackdown compared to their own 205 show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,966 ✭✭✭✭briany

Keeping Nia for Dwayne is different. They get good PR through him. They're all about that. They get nothing of the sort from Tamina, and she's got no f*cking aptitude for this business.

Pity, because I love Tamina's look. She actually looks more like a hard-as-nails wrestler, whereas too many on the women's roster don't really give off an air of toughness. They look more like models who've been taught how to bump.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is that guy heel? Might be just in character or something. If not, might be a bit awkward around the Performance Centre.

Wonder if Peyton and Billie could be a reason that she was let go? Too many Aussie girly-girl characters?

Lio is only 22. Well 23 in a few days, only in the door and in fairness to him tried to put over Asuka. Not sure he is the sharpest on twitter or trained in social media use.

briany wrote: »
    Pity, because I love Tamina's look. She actually looks more like a hard-as-nails wrestler, whereas too many on the women's roster don't really give off an air of toughness. They look more like models who've been taught how to bump.

I agree that Tamina seems to be more old-skool "I'm a physical specimen that can destroy a person" but I just don't think she has the technical ability/presence/charisma that is needed to take it to the next level.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think lio has a history of saying stupid stuff

This reply from bray though

https://twitter.com/WWEBrayWyatt/status/924713738980249601

His colleagues taking the chance to shame him are as bad. Making themselves out to be great lads/ones who never messed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No Days off will have a few now.

She deleted the tweet what did she say?

sky88 wrote: »
    I think lio has a history of saying stupid stuff

This reply from bray though

https://twitter.com/WWEBrayWyatt/status/924713738980249601
    Fúcking Wyatt...

If they really wanted to bury this guy for the comment, put him in a feud with Wyatt. Nobody looks good after a feud with that waster.
    DM_7 wrote: »
    His colleagues taking the chance to shame him are as bad. Making themselves out to be great lads/ones who never messed up.

Totally agree. Some rookie slips up and they all pile in.

Clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sad to see Emma go. I think she could have been utilised better. It makes the matches with Asuka all the more dumb because she should have been destroyed on both occasions. The other releases don't surprise me.

As for Lio Rush, I don't know why WWE even hired him after the no-sell of a powerbomb through the table spot. The guy is clearly a moron. Hope he has a very short time in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

What did he say ? Its been deleted

Kamu wrote: »
    So was Emma released or did she ask to go? whichever it is, I find it surprising considering her recent roles during Raw/PPV.

Also, if she was released, does she still have to adhere to the 90 no compete clause?

Not surprised about either D. Young or Rae, haven't seen/heard from either of those two for ages now.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear if some of the Cruiser weights are let go, I think that division is too loaded with talent and would do with a down-sizing and integration into Raw/Smackdown compared to their own 205 show.

Yes. Unless your contract expires, everyone does, per the WWE contract:
    DNUr7X0V4AAsEaK.jpg:large

As for Lio Rush, I don't know why WWE even hired him after the no-sell of a powerbomb through the table spot. The guy is clearly a moron. Hope he has a very short time in WWE.

What?! Thought you would have loved that!! :D

Skip to :30 for the uninitiated

Do you know how many times WWE has booked someone to just completely not sell something? Maybe a billion?

Warrior got his with Savages finish 6 times without reply then popped up and no sold and made a comeback at Wrestlemania 6.

Let's keep perspective. No selling exists across the industry and has since the 70's, with the Road Warriors popularising it in the 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

What did he say ? Its been deleted

Something like “I guess this is what happens when you’re not truly ready for Asuka”.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sad to see Emma go. I think she could have been utilised better. It makes the matches with Asuka all the more dumb because she should have been destroyed on both occasions. The other releases don't surprise me.

Probably because he's one of the best wrestlers going, despite his no selling that one spot. Classy, berating a guy you don't even know for an off hand comment made on Twitter..
    Omackeral wrote: »
    What?! Thought you would have loved that!! :D

Skip to :30 for the uninitiated

Let's not stir that hornets nest again, especially after the Joey Ryan debacle :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Lio is a very immature 22 year old. He has previous for making stupid and needless comments on twitter. I do think he was trying to make a funny more at the not being ready for Asuka promos than laughing about Emma being released, but that does not excuse how fúcking stupid it is to indirectly joke about somebody who has spent 5+ years in a company you just joined getting sacked. I like Lio, he is seriously talented. But he already had his height, his age and a rep as an arsehole working against him, this incident is the last thing he needed and Brays tweet is absolute spot on.

As for MNG mentioning the table spot :pac::pac::pac::pac: yea lets not do this again.

Advertisement