Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple wrestlers have been released by the WWE *Emma, Summer Rae, Darren Young*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

lol at the guys getting upset at people shaming him for making a stupid comment.

Oh no they SHAMED him, I hope he will be ok. He's only 22 as well. He's only a young child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Monokne wrote:
    Do you know how many times WWE has booked someone to just completely not sell something? Maybe a billion?

I have no problem with no-selling moves depending on the context. No-selling a powerbomb through a table is a whole different ball game and if he tried that stunt in WWE he would not last very long.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Probably because he's one of the best wrestlers going, despite his no selling that one spot. Classy, berating a guy you don't even know for an off hand comment made on Twitter.

But it's "classy" to do it when it's Roman Reigns making the comments on Twitter. Funny how that works! Many Boardsies must know Roman very well. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

sky88 wrote: »
    I think lio has a history of saying stupid stuff

This reply from bray though

https://twitter.com/WWEBrayWyatt/status/924713738980249601

Bray has no right to grandstand as he has yet to apologise for his feud with Balor.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Rush has just doubled down.

He's posted one of those non apology apologies explaining what he wrote and how sad he is that it was all blown out of proportion and mockingly referring to it as his "controversial tweet". All his co-workers are piling on now - Dar, Jack Gallagher, Dash, Murphy, Peyton, even folk outside the company like Kevin Kelly, Lance Storm, Rosa Mendes etc.

They should just cut him. It doesn't behoove him to work in an environment where everyone hates him and it doesn't do the atmosphere at the PC any favours either. If he's still good they can bring him back in a year or two when he may have grown up slightly.

DNVBPe8WkAEx17N.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Monokne wrote: »

It's bad but what really annoyed me about that was the grammar, the apostrophes and full stops were all over the place :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Monokne wrote:
    All his co-workers are piling on now - ....Lance Storm...

Lance Storm complaining?
    I don't believe it :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

lol at the guys getting upset at people shaming him for making a stupid comment.

Oh no they SHAMED him, I hope he will be ok. He's only 22 as well. He's only a young child.

Lol? That is me told!

Lio is not the sharpest, as anyone can see from his tweets in general. To me, senior and or more experienced people giving him a hard time for RTs and likes is as bad as his own tweet. Bray Wyatt has no need to publicly give Lio a hard time, leave it to Talent Relations to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Rush has just doubled down.

He's posted one of those non apology apologies explaining what he wrote and how sad he is that it was all blown out of proportion and mockingly referring to it as his "controversial tweet". All his co-workers are piling on now - Dar, Jack Gallagher, Dash, Murphy, Peyton, even folk outside the company like Kevin Kelly, Lance Storm, Rosa Mendes etc.

They should just cut him. It doesn't behoove him to work in an environment where everyone hates him and it doesn't do the atmosphere at the PC any favours either. If he's still good they can bring him back in a year or two when he may have grown up slightly.

Enzo Amore says hello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems rushed from him, hence all the mistakes. But think it was a bad idea wishing her luck on behalf of WWE.

As for Emma, which is more likely: Asked for release or did something wrong lately as a third strike? It seems they never really got over the shoplifting thing. Then weren't they annoyed at her over the Emmalina gimmick? But the fact the other 2 were released implies she didn't ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Dumb joke to make. I think it's clear though he didn't mean for it to be interpreted as taking a dig at someone who lost their job. I can't stress how much I hate Twitter and its culture of overly pc, witch hunting and being offended by anything though so reading some of the reactions has infuriated me far more than any crap joke he made. It fascinates me that people say "How dare he laugh in the face of someone that lost their job" but get a great kick and laugh with glee when encouraging his co-workers and peers to pass public judgement on him, ergo putting his job at risk too. The hypocrisy is both baffling and shocking.

He made a crap inappropriate joke and deleted it. He should get a quiet talking to to make him realise why what he did was wrong and everyone just move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Interesting that it's all heels going in on him too i.e. Peyton Royce, Jack Gallagher, Dash Wilder, Buddy Murphy, Bray Wyatt, Noam Dar. The supposed bad guys taking the moral high ground? Are they meant to keep kayfabe at all on Twitter and if not, then why post while using your gimmicked ring name (usually with WWE in the handle). It's all a bit weird.

They don't keep kayfabe on social media. They don't actually even keep it within their shows - faces & heels, enemies & friends sit side by side doing their charity segments all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

They don't keep kayfabe on social media. They don't actually even keep it within their shows - faces & heels, enemies & friends sit side by side doing their charity segments all the time.

We can only hope Enzo reveres this tragic decline brother.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He’s probably unfortunate to a certain extent in that he likely wouldn’t have been aware that Emma was very popular with her colleagues. But he is only there a wet week himself so he should be keeping quiet on releases. I’m sure if he keeps his head down for a while it’ll blow over but it’s not a great start for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I think they're all as bad as each other getting into it on Twitter. Marks for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

WWE need to give their performers a kick in the hole and teach them not to air this **** in public. Imagine people in any other company taking to Twitter to have digs at coworkers because they made a stupid joke.

Also had to laugh at all this "you gotta respect your colleagues, brother" coming from some of the older wrestlers. Fecking xpac preaching about respect for fellow workers, apparently telling a distasteful joke is worse than ****ting in their lunch/crown/bag

They still absolutely use kayfabe at times. Take this from Miz today, you think he's really threatening Corbin?

https://twitter.com/mikethemiz/status/924801853875015680

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

ceegee wrote: »
    WWE need to give their performers a kick in the hole and teach them not to air this **** in public. Imagine people in any other company taking to Twitter to have digs at coworkers because they made a stupid joke.

Also had to laugh at all this "you gotta respect your colleagues, brother" coming from some of the older wrestlers. Fecking xpac preaching about respect for fellow workers, apparently telling a distasteful joke is worse than ****ting in their lunch/crown/bag

This ****e is what keeps them relevant. The backstage gossip is mostly more interesting than any of their storylines.

I'm probably just jaded with wrestling culture but pointing out that xpac might not the best moral compass is pretty hilarious. I wonder what the Undertaker would do about all of this? Assemble the locker room, court is in session!

Omackeral wrote: »

They still absolutely use kayfabe at times. Take this from Miz today, you think he's really threatening Corbin?

https://twitter.com/mikethemiz/status/924801853875015680

So kayfabe was the code of secrecy whereby you never let anyone in on the work. Working sometimes and not working other times is not keeping kayfabe.

I know what it means and I think you know what I mean. You can do an interview in kayfabe (totally in character) for example. The word has evolved to include suspension of disbelief, portrayal of characters within the show etc. Breaking kayfabe is still a term used when someone shoots.

• Advertisement

Ok I think perhaps I have miscommunicated here:

I initially said "They don't keep kayfabe on social media and they don't even keep kayfabe within their shows." with the implication being that while there are storylines played out both on their TV & on their performers twitter, the pretension that this is all real is not kept on either of these platforms, it's just used intermittently. That was the key to my point. It was not my intent to claim that they don't 'kayfabe' at times, but once it's not used constantly the term is essentially rendered redundant so I wouldn't use it myself.

I'd use keep kayfabe/break kayfabe in the same way I'd use keep character/break character. It's not essentially indefinite. Anyway, no harm.

I completely understand what you mean. I was speaking broadly, you were speaking specifically, both make sense.

It would be nice if they would keep character or kayfabe more. I can handle the social media stuff but when I'm watching Raw and ten minutes after Alexa is being a sneaky heel to beat Sasha she's standing beside her applauding the cancer survivors smiling broadly. I know it's a work, don't beat me over the head with it.

I'll stop before I start to sound like Wade Keller :)

Per Mike Johnson, talent that don't go on the WWE European tour should be worried as more cuts are coming.

He also mentioned there may soon be call ups, probably women or cruiserweights.

Meltzer has also noted that there have been rumours Gallows & Anderson were on the chopping block.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Per Mike Johnson, talent that don't go on the WWE European tour should be worried as more cuts are coming.

He also mentioned there may soon be call ups, probably women or cruiserweights.

Meltzer has also noted that there have been rumours Gallows & Anderson were on the chopping block.

They have been wasted since they came to wwe imo , especially the whole "nerd" thing goes through my head

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They have been wasted since they came to wwe imo , especially the whole "nerd" thing goes through my head

"Nerd", in fairness, is the one thing they've gotten somewhat over, so I can excuse that.

But they've been horribly misused, and I'd imagine that if they got sacked, they'd be one of those groups able to make a lot of money outside the WWE.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Not good enough to be categorised as wasted.

On a level with Shelton Benjamin to be honest. When a duo like Cesaro and Sheamus appear they are going to fall down. When Ambrose and Rollins end up together average ends up with little screen time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

as much as i like gallows and anderson i think at the minute theres just better teams around then them while they havent been used great i think they reached there levels of success i thought.

only sadness for me would be the wasted reunion with finn

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

It would be a waste if there is never a proper run with the club. They worked really during the short run they had with AJ beating up John Cena when they first arrived. I've never felt they have had any really amazing matches but they fit that role so well and don't have bad matches.

They would do really well om the Independents and obviously would be expected to join back up with Bullet Club (although I don't want Bullet Club to get too big).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hope Mickie doesn't get the boot. She's done her job of putting over the younger wrestler and lost two title matches recently (one to a slap...).

Probably not much else for her to do and they have plenty of younger women they might want to bring up from NXT.

Advertisement