Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple wrestlers have been released by the WWE *Emma, Summer Rae, Darren Young*

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

always thought mickie would go down to the performance center when shes done her current run and could always pop up on nxt from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Mickie is really talented, she should be one of the featured female performers. If they get to a point where they won’t use her on the main roster,she could be an anchor in NXT like Asuka has been. Those women could really benefit from working with a veteran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

It would be a waste if there is never a proper run with the club. They worked really during the short run they had with AJ beating up John Cena when they first arrived. I've never felt they have had any really amazing matches but they fit that role so well and don't have bad matches.

Agreed with the above. Gallows and Anderson work better as a greater pack of roving wolves. The one shot they got to do so was barely given barely enough time to get off the ground.

It's a shame that the wheels seem to be coming off WWE's recruitment strategy over the last couple of years. In hindsight it's starting to feel WCWish in nature: Hoover up talent that have shown promise and who have gotten over big elsewhere only to have no idea what to do with them.

NXT is honestly a joke to me at this stage and is nothing more than a novelty. 3 recent examples of this alone are Roode, Nakamura and Asuka; big deals before they were called up, now looking aimless in direction. And yes Asuka does look aimless to me now already given they booked 2 competitive matches with someone now future endeavoured and now had her fight a jobber last night. This is the sh1t they had Nia Jax doing because they were afraid she'd hurt establish roster members. That was understandable though, this isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,966 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's a shame that the wheels seem to be coming off WWE's recruitment strategy over the last couple of years. In hindsight it's starting to feel WCWish in nature: Hoover up talent that have shown promise and who have gotten over big elsewhere only to have no idea what to do with them.

To be fair, WWE has always had way more failures than successes when it comes to making stars. The company's history is littered with taking regional stars and giving them s*it gimmicks and/or nothing to work with. Here's Raven talking about a few of them (@ 0:55).

It would be a waste if there is never a proper run with the club. They worked really during the short run they had with AJ beating up John Cena when they first arrived. I've never felt they have had any really amazing matches but they fit that role so well and don't have bad matches.

Agreed with the above. Gallows and Anderson work better as a greater pack of roving wolves. The one shot they got to do so was barely given barely enough time to get off the ground.

NXT is honestly a joke to me at this stage and is nothing more than a novelty. 3 recent examples of this alone are Roode, Nakamura and Asuka; big deals before they were called up, now looking aimless in direction. And yes Asuka does look aimless to me now already given they booked 2 competitive matches with someone now future endeavoured and now had her fight a jobber last night. This is the sh1t they had Nia Jax doing because they were afraid she'd hurt establish roster members. That was understandable though, this isn't.
    It’s not NXT that’s a joke by your logic. It’s Vince’s shows. He takes what makes people’s strengths and minimises them and enhances their weaknesses. Alpha and Sami got over wrestling so they got very little time to do so And were involved in terrible backstage skits with badly written dialogue. Bobby Roode was a snide heel so now he’s a snide babyface. Nakamura was treated seriously so now Jinder treats him as the subject of comedy.

In 2017, and for a decade or so, WWE is written for one person and the audience is immaterial. It is beyond frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Finn is trying to out-troll Rusev:

https://twitter.com/finnbalor/status/925404252176048128

At least I hope that’s what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Roode needs to turn heel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Roode needs to turn heel

I'm fully on board with him being face for the beginning of his run

The crowd were going to cheer him anyway when he debuted on the main roster, why not steer into that skid. Let him turn on his team at Surivor Series or have him do something that might actually get him booed like they probably want for him long term

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Roode needs to turn heel

His face run on the main roster has been horrible so far. WWE have gone back to the generic smiling babyface which is really sad because I quite like Roode from when he won the TNA World Championship, and I think he could do well in WWE if given the chance. So yeah I definitely think turning Roode heel is the right way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finn likes to troll Twitter.

Although jobbing to 50 year old Kane would probably make him question some things.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Finn likes to troll Twitter.

Although jobbing to 50 year old Kane would probably make him question some things.

It made Punk walk well it was the final straw n

Monokne wrote: »
    It’s not NXT that’s a joke by your logic. It’s Vince’s shows. He takes what makes people’s strengths and minimises them and enhances their weaknesses. Alpha and Sami got over wrestling so they got very little time to do so And were involved in terrible backstage skits with badly written dialogue. Bobby Roode was a snide heel so now he’s a snide babyface. Nakamura was treated seriously so now Jinder treats him as the subject of comedy.

In 2017, and for a decade or so, WWE is written for one person and the audience is immaterial. It is beyond frustrating.

Some people can take NXT in itself as a quality show and I can to a certain point too, but it's clear enough that it means little to the person who actually runs the show. That's damning against Vince above all else yes. I don't get why I should care about the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I guess there staying for a little longer then

https://twitter.com/KarlAndersonWWE/status/925407428463747077

Some people can take NXT in itself as a quality show and I can to a certain point too, but it's clear enough that it means little to the person who actually runs the show. That's damning against Vince above all else yes. I don't get why I should care about the show.
    The most fulfilling moments as a WWE fan for me have all been in NXT of late. There have been more emotionally satisfying and memorable moments in the four years it’s been on the network than there have been on the main roster. And it’s not even close. Ergo it’s irrelevant to me what Vince thinks. He is incapable of telling a coherent story. Nothing resonates. You get fleeting moments and that’s it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I'm fully on board with him being face for the beginning of his run

The crowd were going to cheer him anyway when he debuted on the main roster, why not steer into that skid. Let him turn on his team at Surivor Series or have him do something that might actually get him booed like they probably want for him long term

Theme tune might have to go if they want him as a heel and tbh that's the best thing about him atm.

The most fulfilling moments as a WWE fan for me have all been in NXT of late. There have been more emotionally satisfying and memorable moments in the four years it’s been on the network than there have been on the main roster. And it’s not even close. Ergo it’s irrelevant to me what Vince thinks. He is incapable of telling a coherent story. Nothing resonates. You get fleeting moments and that’s it.

That is true and I have felt the same, especially with the stuff with Gargano. Joke was a harsh choice of words, guess I'm just angry about what happens to a lot of these guys and women once, as how Vince eloquently puts it through the ears of his goons on commentary on a regular basis, they've joined the "big leagues".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Theme tune might have to go if they want him as a heel and tbh that's the best thing about him atm.

Imagine if they played the piano riff at the start and nothing else

And out comes Roode saying none of you are glorious enough to have his theme song

Heel heat forever :pac:

That is true and I have felt the same, especially with the stuff with Gargano. Joke was a harsh choice of words, guess I'm just angry about what happens to a lot of these guys and women once, as how Vince eloquently puts it through the ears of his goons on commentary on a regular basis, they've joined the "big leagues".

Man it drives me bonkers. I have a dog called Sami and my daughter's name is Bayley so this stuff cuts me deep :D

Sawyer Fulton has been cut. He was briefly in Sanity until he got injured. As Meltzer commented, folks who've been injured are really at risk.

Expect further releases this weekend from what I've been hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

The token wrestler in WWE 2K18 game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Expect further releases this weekend from what I've been hearing.

You been hearing all this first hand or just going by what you see on Twitter? In which case you mean reading not hearing.

No. I have heard speculation on podcasts and seen rumours on twitter.

Bit of a random comment Lee, I hadn't you pegged for Chief of the Grammar Police ;)

It appears Leo Gao has been released by NXT.

I can't say I'm shocked
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Did he even have a match on a house show?

I don’t recall hearing he did.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

WWE has released Tough Enough winner Josh Bredl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

WWE has released Tough Enough winner Josh Bredl.

There seems to be some sort of curse on Tough Enough. Can't recall any of the Tough Enough winners staying long after winning it. Maven lasted about two years I think but eventually got released as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Strange that The Miz is Tough Enough's biggest success story.

Ah, forgot about John Morrison/Johnny Mundo/Nitro/Impact. Miz is still in WWE though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It really goes to show you that Tough Enough is a massive waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It really goes to show you that Tough Enough is a massive waste of time.

Velveteen Dream/Patrick Clarke has been amazing in NXT. Defo the exception to the rule though.

Advertisement