Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispose of 80 coal bags of garden waste

Options
  • 29-10-2017 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been gardening over weekend. Tryinf to control damn leylandi trees. Previous owner let fo so had to major job to bring down a bit.

Problem now is that i have about 80(guess) coal bags full of cuttings plus a pile too big/thick to bag.

Anyone know of a cheap way to get rid of.
    I am in the Wexford area.

Cheers,
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Bring to any recycling centre or Get a mini skip.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭johnnymorgan

Bring to any recycling centre or Get a mini skip.

Thanks, dont have access to car/trailer so cant bring anywhere.

Skip could be idea maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Could you hire a shredder for a day and then scatter the material as a mulch if you have the space?

https://www.powerplant.ie/our-range/landscape-garden/6-wood-chipper/

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

It's probably cheaper to get them collected than chipped on site.

Collection depends somewhat on vehicle access and whether you can bothered to hump them all the way to wherever that is.

I got about 3m x 15 leylandii cuttings chipped earlier this year and got two huge piles of chippings out of them, very useful for mixing with grass in compost.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭johnnymorgan

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I got a guy to collect the majority of it, he will come back for rest. Fairly reasonable so probably was best option.

J

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what's he doing with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Lumen wrote: »
    It's probably cheaper to get them collected than chipped on site.

Collection depends somewhat on vehicle access and whether you can bothered to hump them all the way to wherever that is.

I got about 3m x 15 leylandii cuttings chipped earlier this year and got two huge piles of chippings out of them, very useful for mixing with grass in compost.
    Good for making ericaceous compost for growing blueberries.

Advertisement