Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi Fare D12 to Airport 65 euro??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Damn.... thanks for the insight anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I do this journey quite often with MyTaxi / Uber and it's normally about the €45-50 mark. €65 is way too high - I'd DM them on Twitter to look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Tails142 wrote: »
    would be extra for the suitcase

Taxis in Ireland cannot charge for luggage.

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/taxi-and-bus-licensing/taxi/operating-an-spsv/taxi-fares/
    An extra charge must not be imposed for carrying luggage or an assistance dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 stingray555

Dublin marathon was passing by the area at the time(from walkinstown road towards cromwelsfort road). It is likely that walkinstown roundabout itself was closed as a result. The driver possibly had to take a longer route towards the m50, how long it was is dependant on the drivers knowledge of the area and/or honesty. It is also entirely possible other road closures in the area contributed to increase in journey times. Remember that for each additional minute stuck in traffic or waiting for traffic light to turn green the taxi meter adds an extra 49 cents to the fare.

Get the receipt and check out the distance covered during the trip. Google maps indicate the trip should be around 25km, add a maximum 3km due to detours caused by marathon, anything more than 28km would be too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Did he pay by card? Don't you have to turn off an automatic tip on mytaxi? Could have accidentally added on 10-20% if he didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

He shouldn't have to wait for a receipt, it'll be in his inbox from as soon as the trip ended. He'll be able to see if there was any surcharges.

I've had to complain a few times about being overcharged on Hailo/MyTaxi and they've always got back to me very quickly and I've been offered refunds/credits every single time. Have always taken credits as they're higher value (e.g. Was charged for a toll once when I didn't go through one. Was offered the refund of the toll or a €10 credit).

The same thing happened me as another poster too...was offered a "free" upgrade to Executive. Luxury car, no plates, can't use bus lane :rolleyes: Price was only about €5 above my normal price for that route but got a €20 credit when I complained.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Ok, quick update. All of your suggestions were sent on to him and he got back to us to say he got a partial refund which he is very happy with.
    I don't have the finer details of it all as I am not in direct contact with him, but he was really appreciative for the help and advice sent on to him.
    Many Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

i have used taxis from airport to Crumlin in the last few months normally charge between 28 & 30 euros thats going through the city And ive have used a taxi twice including call out charge back to the Airport charge was 33 euros again going through city

So maybe if op had used the through the city route it would have been cheaper ?
    when Especialy on a \sunday morning when traffic would be light

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

bob50 wrote: »
    i have used taxis from airport to Crumlin in the last few months normally charge between 28 & 30 euros thats going through the city And ive have used a taxi twice including call out charge back to the Airport charge was 33 euros again going through city

The marathon was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

bob50 wrote: »

I'd have to second this, generally taxi from Drimnagh to
    /from airport off peak is €28-30. Prices being quoted of €45-60 are ridiculous.

€26 in the link below.
    http://irelandbytaxi.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'd have to second this, generally taxi from Drimnagh to
    /from airport off peak is €28-30. Prices being quoted of €45-60 are ridiculous.
    Drimnagh isn't Walkinstown. Sunday attracts a premium fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Victor wrote: »

Well I've just provided a link for a company that comes reccomended on other threads on here, which doesn't charge extra between Walkinstown and Drimnagh and doesn't state any extra charge for Sunday's......or you can take Victors word for it:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Victor wrote: »

Drimnagh is 5 mins from Walkinstown. Not enough to attract an extra €30 in a taxi to the airport. Even on a Sunday premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I'm in Dublin 12 and a taxi to the airport costs me €40 including tip.

Advertisement