Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to furnish/floor new 4 bed house?

Options
  • 29-10-2017 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi
    I know it’s as long as a piece of string, but just looking for an idea of costs when moving into brand new 4 bed house, for floors, alarm, blinds etc

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

We moved into a 2000 sq foot house last year and we went for middle of the road prices so you can def get cheaper but we paid

Vinyl flooring downstairs 5000 ( pasty paid by developer)
    Laminate upstairs 3000
    4 Blackout blinds upstairs and 2 reg blinds downstairs 600
    We had budgeted 10000 to move in so are still without wall lights , curtains Etc a year later lol!
    Pour alarm was already included in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭goofy141

Many thanks much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭jsd1004

goofy141 wrote: »
    Hi
    I know it’s as long as a piece of string, but just looking for an idea of costs when moving into brand new 4 bed house, for floors, alarm, blinds etc

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

We recently moved into a 3bed + attic converted, floors are laminate and tiles fitting 1700 for the whole house, materials were roughly 2000, we picked some really expensive hall tiles though. Have a pretty decent and reliable fitter for a good price.
    Got curtains from Ikea instead of blinds, the long blackout ones were like 50 for a pair.

Are kitchen appliances in? Power City has good value for money.

Altogether I think between 7 and 10k are a very comfortable number, all depends on your preferred finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭CD2017

We have juts bought a 4 bed detached and looking we are going to spend over 40k, and that doesn't include wardrobes or curtains :( Went for mid/high end with appliances and stoves but other than that we didn't go wild, I was actually shocked at the cost of "little extras" with electrician and also sanitary ware... went for IKEA and WAYFAIR lights and beds, laminate floors, don't know how we have burnt through the budget so quickly..

*** Just noticed this thread is a bit old... sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Another option is to put cheap carpet everywhere, buy furniture in auctions and kit the place out really cheaply. After that work on upgrading one segment at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

goofy141 wrote: »
    Hi

Many thanks

Our costs in a 1,700ft 4 bed in Dublin (new build) - medium to high end stuff:

laminate flooring downstairs €4k
    wool carpets upstairs €6k
    Blinds in all windows €800
    alarm (pre wired) - just shock sensors and magnets downstairs, magnets upstairs, 2 PIR sensors downstairs and GSM unit €850
    Kitchen tiled spashback €800
    Spotlights in kitchen, fittings downstairs & shades for bedrooms €3k

Was 3 years ago so these just rough prices from what I remember. Obviously we had furniture, washing machine, dryer etc on top of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got a sitting room, 2 bed rooms and a small hall laminate floored.
    Cost me in the region of a grand including fitting

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭CD2017

Update - 4 bed detached. 2000sqft

Laminate + Underlay €3434 (whole house except bathrooms and utility)
    Kitchen approx €8k (plus €4K allowance)
    Appliances €5k
    Sofas X 3 €5k
    Stove X 2 €3800 inc all piping
    Beds €1200
    Mattresses €1800
    Sanitary Ware €4K
    Lighting €1400
    Tiles €2k approx
    Extra electrical spec €1800
    Upgrade to boiler €1k

Still need wardrobes, some painting done, shelving for living room amongst many other things ... but getting there

Advertisement