Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some help Needed

Options
  • 29-10-2017 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Have a buddy who has just rang to say his alarm is acting up and wont arm or do anything keypad is flashing red but no fault on it i think its
    a hkc 1070?
    Whatever he has done its in the service menu i think as he sent me a pic and thats whats up on it how does he leave this mode.

As its a long weekend and he cant get anyone out till early to late next week is there anything i can pass on to help him

Many thanks as always lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Just press quit and it will ask “ exit engineer” then press yes. It will show a message DMC Detectec and then the display will return to normal with the date and time shown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Cheers ill tell him that any idea what the flashing red light without a fault showing on the keypad means.

I had him on the phone before i posted and told him to press quit and get back i said try arm the panel but he said nothing happend when he put in his code

i assume he has engineering access so there must be a menu to show a fault history log?
    Knowing this fella he was probably doing something around the house and hit a sensor or damaged a cable:pac:

If he has the engineer code then he can go in to “view log”. If he tries to set the alarm it won’t let the alarm set if there is still a Fault ie open zone or tamper. The fault will be displayed and the voice will say “system unset”

Cheers I'll call him in the morning and see how that goes thanks again for the help

Got it sorted for him just there exited the service menu put in his pin and the fault came up tamper switch on a second keypad in the bedroom.

Thanks for the help in guiding us:o

• Advertisement

No problem glad you got sorted

Advertisement