Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Franchise?

• 29-10-2017 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭

So I'm watching my first Fast and Furious movie right now, the one with the Rock. Jesus F Christ, how have they made 8 of these? Only a total moron would like them.

What's the worst movie Franchise ever?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So I'm watching my first Fast and Furious movie right now, the one with the Rock. Jesus F Christ, how have they made 8 of these? Only a total moron would like them.

Its pure muck....
    How its still going is unreal....

Also not a film but bam margera and his show what the folk.

Bit like final destination..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭VW 1

First fast and furious was good, downhill from there.

Pirates of the carribean went downhill after the second.

Oceans eleven was excellent, next two nowhere near as good.

Not many sequels/franchises are as good as the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Worst franchise (I really hate that word - a franchise is a locally managed company that is funded by that management under the auspices of a brand owner)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Well I only watched about 10 minutes of the first one so can't be completely sure but im 99.9999% sure that the Twilight movies are up there with the worst!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah the twilight movies by far, followed by the hunger games :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Old Mother Riley is in with a shout.

nix wrote: »
    Yeah the twilight movies by far, followed by the hunger games :(

Ye i was the same with The Hunger Games. Only watched a few minutes of it. I thought I'd really like it but couldn't get into it although I'd be willing to watch it again and give it another try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Oops!

I'm a mechanic, Into motorsport, started serving my time in 2000 around the time when the first one came out... Mates were amazed at the time why i had no interest in going to see it... Some of them went more than once! To this day i've never seen any of them... Pure muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Oops! wrote: »
    I'm a mechanic, Into motorsport, started serving my time in 2000 around the time when the first one came out... Mates were amazed at the time why i had no interest in going to see it... Some of them went more than once! To this day i've never seen any of them... Pure muck.

I'd be a big car guy myself which is a testament to how bad they are.

I'd be a big car guy myself which is a testament to how bad they are.

I always thought they sound a bit like the Sharknado of car films :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Human centipedes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Transformers. Hands down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I've not seen any of the movies in the Sharknado franchise but I can imagine how bad they are.

5 movies in total, wtaf.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I've not seen any of the movies in the Sharknado franchise but I can imagine how bad they are.

5 movies in total, wtaf.

I think they're in the "so bad, it's good" film category :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Scary Movie, Step Up, Ice Age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Lorelli! wrote: »
    I think they're in the "so bad, it's good" film category :)

The first one gets a rating of 3.1 on imdb. How was there second made, never mind 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Old Mother Riley is in with a shout.

They were brilliant!!!

rawn wrote: »
    Transformers. Hands down.

This X 10000000000000000000000000000000000

The first one gets a rating of 3.1 on imdb. How was there second made, never mind 5.

Because.. it's sharks in a tornado!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Fantastic Four.

It's a blatantly misleading title too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

razorblunt wrote: »
    Fantastic Four.

There's been 3 or 4 of those and they are as bad as each other.

Transformers is absolute rubbish. I've tried watching them a few times and can not finish a single film

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Not Being Pedantic But

Taken!! Good Lord the first was bad enough but what was Liam Neeson thinking?! I'm still chuckling when thinking about Taken II:)

Taken!! Good Lord the first was bad enough but what was Liam Neeson thinking?! I'm still chuckling when thinking about Taken II:)

I wouldn't really rate him as an actor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Because they make loads of money, why else! They're good campy fun with a few friends and a few beers though, they're so ridiculously bad they're somehow....good.

Worst franchise - I would say at this point has to be Transformers maybe, considering it's still active.

Fast and Furious is a pretty good franchise. The first few movies are genuinely very car centrist (and I'm not a fan), but the last few movies have more in common with James Bond and Mission Impossible than the original movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

The Godfather...yawn.... Marlon Brandos cotton wool should have gotten all the plaudits in the first...and it just went downhill after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

razorblunt wrote: »
    Fantastic Four.

Fantastic Four is wrapped up in a rights issue. They keep making crappy ones to hold on to the rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Poor acting, ridiculous story lines, gravity defying stunts etc....

I've been to the cinema to see every single one of them. I'll continue to go if the make more of them.

They are what they are, stupid brain dead action flicks. When you accept them for what they are then you start to enjoy them.

Poor acting, ridiculous story lines, gravity defying stunts etc....

I've been to the cinema to see every single one of them. I'll continue to go if the make more of them.

They are what they are, stupid brain dead action flicks. When you accept them for what they are then you start to enjoy them.

I think the big fan base for those was the whole modified car sise of things. Was the first you seen modified cars in a big Hollywood film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Karate Kid, Transformers and Police Academy are three obvious ones that come to mind. Another less wellknown one is Braddock. The sequels in each of these are among the poorest films ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Karate Kid, Transformers and Police Academy are three obvious ones that come to mind. Another less wellknown one is Braddock. The sequels in each of these are among the poorest films ever made.

Police academy 1 was OK , karate kid 1 was OK so in my opinion they don't count , fast and furious was just trash .

Advertisement