Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Franchise?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Resident Evil movies are terrible but I kind of enjoyed the first few? Underworld is another crap franchise which I also enjoyed. Terrible movies can still be enjoyable sometimes in a so bad they're funny kind of way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I am going to nominate Friday the 13th. A rip off slasher film with no good film and about 10 sequels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,017 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I see people here have understandably blanked the Big Momma's House franchise from their memories. I don't blame you: they made three of them. :eek:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Bad Boys franchise with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence also deserves a mention.

I don't think the Twilight movies are necessarily bad, but they're definitely not for me. The worst franchise, I think, is definitely Transformers. It seems even the fans are starting to grow weary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

MadYaker wrote: »
    The Bad Boys franchise with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence also deserves a mention.

2 movies does not a franchise make.... besides, the first was top banana

And Bad Boys 2 was one of the greatest braindead action movies ever made, with some truly tremendous setpieces throughout - the bathroom shootout with the Jamaicans, the big rig chase, with all the cars falling from the truck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,428 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Lorelli! wrote: »
    I think they're in the "so bad, it's good" film category :)

They so desperately want to be. But they're not.

They're just shit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Unearthly wrote: »
    I am going to nominate Friday the 13th. A rip off slasher film with no good film and about 10 sequels

I loved every single one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hellraiser. The first one was good, the second one OK and then.....six more films, each worse than the other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Tony EH wrote: »
    They so desperately want to be. But they're not.

They're just shit.

That's the beauty of it :D

I'm only messing. I haven't even watched them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭wally79

The hobbit

They had enough material for 1 film, stretched it into 3 and ended up with a slow, boring and watered down version of a great story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭optogirl

Shrek - the first one is great and was a bit of a departure from the traditional kids film but they absolutely dragged the pi** out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I don't think I've seen Terminator mentioned. It's the most disappointing one I think.

Anything after T2 was a joke. They especially let down the character John Connor.

MadYaker wrote: »
    The Resident Evil movies are terrible but I kind of enjoyed the first few? Underworld is another crap franchise which I also enjoyed. Terrible movies can still be enjoyable sometimes in a so bad they're funny kind of way.

Yea, the first Resident Evil movie was good. The second was bananas fun and utterly ludicrous. I can't remember anything from 3 to now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Meet The Parents. The first film is hilarious but they followed it with two pointless sequels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,428 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Lorelli! wrote: »
    That's the beauty of it :D

I'm only messing. I haven't even watched them :)

Do yourself a big favor and keep to that.

If you want to watch some truly So Bad They're Good films, try 'Space Mutiny' or 'Suburban Sasquatch'. They're terrible, because the independent film makers were incompetent and they're made on a 0 budget...and yet entertaining in spite (or because) of that.

The likes of these Mega Shark or Sharknado things are made on a decent budget for SYFY. They're made to look bad, to riff on the so bad it's good vibe. But they're deliberately made bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Saw franchise?

Frist one is decent-ish, but I never really saw the appeal TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

How did this get to page 4 before anyone mentioned Sex and the City?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Sleepy wrote: »
    How did this get to page 4 before anyone mentioned Sex and the City?!

Mostly blokes around here, and I'd hate to be the guy to admit to watching it :pac:

I actually enjoyed some of the series whenever it was put on the TV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement