Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build

Options
  • 30-10-2017 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey guys,

Looking for some advice with new build. Currently have a 960 2GB along with an i5 4460 which runs pretty much everything at medium - high but interested in getting something a lot stronger that'll last a few years. Friend is interested in buying a PC so think I'm just gonna sell him mine and not bother use any of the existing parts.

Want to build it around a 1080, not sure which one just yet -Was looking at the strix and that seems to be one of the better ones gaming wise. For CPU was thinking originally do get something like an i5 7600k but I'm now leaning towards the i7 7700k - I know you don't really need an i7 for gaming but was thinking I may as well get it in case I ever wanted to push its limits but not sure. Was looking at the new Ryzen lineup but always preferred intel over AMD tbh.

So yeah, that's what I'm thinking for the core of the build if you guys have any advice or what parts I should finalise the build with that'd be great! Budget can be flexible but thinking around £1200 or so

Comments

Advertisement