Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loccitane set reduced from €70 to €25 Debenhams

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Sesame wrote: »
    Be careful on the confirmation page and do not select the €10 cashbook offer. The small print says you join a partner reward thing and they take €15 a month for it.

It's extraordinary. What even is the partner reward thing? What theoretically are you supposed to get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

This post has been deleted.

No you usually have to fill it in. A few were caught by a similar thing on Ticketmaster.

On that they offered €15 off your next Ticketmaster purchase. People signed up because it didn't look like a subscription service. Not saying they're a scam because if you read the form correctly you will see that you are agreeing to a subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Wheety wrote: »
    No you usually have to fill it in. A few were caught by a similar thing on Ticketmaster.

On that they offered €15 off your next Ticketmaster purchase. People signed up because it didn't look like a subscription service. Not saying they're a scam because if you read the form correctly you will see that you are agreeing to a subscription.

It is extremely sharp practise though.

quad_red wrote: »
    It is extremely sharp practise though.

I agree. They're relying on people not paying attention and thinking it's a Debenhams' promotion. As far as I know they are very quick to give refunds over the Ticketmaster one. I'm sure enough people let it go to make it worth their while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I agree. They're relying on people not paying attention and thinking it's a Debenhams' promotion. As far as I know they are very quick to give refunds over the Ticketmaster one. I'm sure enough people let it go to make it worth their while.

Crap...I feel like a fool now!
    Least it was my three money card I used and not my normal one. Got a sinking feeling as I used the site...looks rather dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

thanks OP, some Chrimbo pressies sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Crap...I feel like a fool now!
    Least it was my three money card I used and not my normal one. Got a sinking feeling as I used the site...looks rather dodgy.

Why do you think you signed up? It's an extra form you fill in after your purchase. Think you give credit card details again.

The Ticketmaster one was discounts for some sites. As I said at the time, someone might find it useful. You should have received an email if you did sign up. It's not a scam site as in they take your money and run. It's more of a subscription service that most people wouldn't touch if they read it. I think the Ticketmaster one was €15 a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Thanks OP, thats 3 xmas pressies sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

That jogs my memory. Same company on Ticketmaster but I cancelled within the 30 days. Can do it online here (you have to sign in to cancel).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Why do you think you signed up? It's an extra form you fill in after your purchase. Think you give credit card details again.

The Ticketmaster one was discounts for some sites. As I said at the time, someone might find it useful. You should have received an email if you did sign up. It's not a scam site as in they take your money and run. It's more of a subscription service that most people wouldn't touch if they read it. I think the Ticketmaster one was €15 a month.

I actually signed up for it, gave my card details again. It didn't look like a subscription service to me but obviously it's a lesson to read everything carefully!!

It's not a scam site per say but I navigated around the site and would be disappointed with it. A lot of links don't work, especially the ones offering the cashbacks. So it's as good as a scam site in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

My order shipped this evening. Thanks op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Peter File wrote: »
    My order shipped this evening. Thanks op

Yep, received the "your order has shipped" email 29 minutes ago! That was fast.

Thanks again OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Saw this on price scanner.

Used click and collect. Sticker on the box €59 down to €31.

Still good value at €25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Saw it on ebay for around £35 too.

Still it'll be a nice pressie for the MIL....

f

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Thanks OP. Christmas shopping almost done now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Thanks OP. Christmas shopping almost done now!

You bought 006 of them? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Btw, the same item was marked in store reduced from 70 to 60 odd euro in Henry st

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Thanks OP.

Am I missing something here? Just trying to buy one and its now €31? Still good value all the same but thought it was €25? Need a promotional code?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭magicmoves

whodafunk wrote: »
    Thanks OP.

Am I missing something here? Just trying to buy one and its now €31? Still good value all the same but thought it was €25? Need a promotional code?

Cheers

It was 25 yesterday. They must have put it up in price.

Damn went to buy this yesterday but waited. Now it's €31:mad:

Might have been due to the increased demand this thread! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Rule Number 1 in Bargain Alerts: Never wait

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Just got mine, as expected it’s tiny. The brand is an expensivish one so price would always have a premium but if I had seen this on the shelf at €25 I would have passed.

But hey ho, it’s 2 Xmas presents sorted so no regrets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Debenhams do free returns of anyone is unhappy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

You have to keep an eye on Debenhams discounts, offers change especially around bank holidays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

I went through the eshops link on the SuperValu site to order this (2 x €25) but don't see that I've been credited with any points. Anyone else know if the points appear as soon as charge goes through or is there a wait?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,296 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

leck wrote: »
    I went through the eshops link on the SuperValu site to order this (2 x €25) but don't see that I've been credited with any points. Anyone else know if the points appear as soon as charge goes through or is there a wait?

There's usually a delay... not sure if that's due to how they are integrated or if they are making sure you don't return it immediately.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Ordered 3 on Monday, received them today, big blue bag, load of bubble wrap, but the boxes weren't in the bubble wrap, boxes are a little battered, but nothing too serious, price of "reduced to E31" on them too, so E25 is good, Happy Christmas to 3 people :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭xpletiv

received mine today, happy enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Got my 2 today. They were in a secure box and perfect!

Who delivers them?

I won't be home when they arrive, so do I pick up from AnPost?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Who delivers them?

I won't be home when they arrive, so do I pick up from AnPost?

The tracking is with Nightline so I'm assuming they'll deliver it.

I think you can drop to their depot or reschedule the package if you miss it.

http://www.nightline.ie/contact/map-and-location-info/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah nightline for mine too, happy enough with it, it's a fancy brand so herself and the young one will be delirah :)

Cheers OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Nightlife for me too. Wasn’t at home but found them outside the back door!

appleb wrote: »
    Nightlife for me too. Wasn’t at home but found them outside the back door!

Lol what??? So I'm going to find a rain-soaked package when I get home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

mrcheez wrote: »
    Lol what??? So I'm going to find a rain-soaked package when I get home?

It'll be in thick plastic blue bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Mine came last night, along with my house mates too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

shakencat wrote: »
    Mine came last night, along with my house mates too!

Free housemates with purchase? Hope I don't get too many, I've a full house already ;)

Just got a text from nightlne so mine will arrive tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

Can I ask what's the approximate weight and size of the gift? I wanted to post one to Germany and one to Canada and wondering would it work out too pricey? Tia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Mine arrived today, they are very small sizes allright, definitely would not buy for €70, it said on mine, was €59, now €31.

The hand creams are tiny, youd put one pack on one finger! And the perfume is 10ml

Not bad for €25, I dont think I'd like this as a gift however. The stuff you like are too small.

My friend asked me to order her two, after she saw mine.
    Went on last night..

They've gone up to 31euro each...

shakencat wrote: »
    My friend asked me to order her two, after she saw mine.
    Went on last night..

They've gone up to 31euro each...

What on earth were you quoting?

Saw the Jeebus quote about being charged 400 euro.. Had me momentarily checking this thread to see where it was...nothing.

jeez i dont know, i responded on my phone, must have highlighted without realising! hahah!

i had to check what the heck you were on about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I picked my two sets up yesterday - they're ok, but as others have said were definitely never €70. €25 is a fair enough price - I wouldn't have paid €30 for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

I ordered a few too just incase I got stuck with presents. No way were they ever €70 and like others have said the price on them was €31. Not the big saving they are claiming it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Mine arrived but I had to fish the box out of my waste bin. Thanks Nightline :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Mine arrived but I had to fish the box out of my waste bin. Thanks Nightline :mad:

Heard my doorbell ring, was in toilet. Got to door and nightline fella in car “oh sorry, I put it under your car”....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thanks OP, I would never have even thought of something like this as a gift. It's a nice set for reasonable money. Can't go too far wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement