Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loccitane set reduced from €70 to €25 Debenhams

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Thanks OP, I would never have even thought of something like this as a gift. It's a nice set for reasonable money. Can't go too far wrong.

+1, it's actually bigger than I thought it would be and a great price for what is essentially a sampler set of a premium brand.

OK, no. A level up from a sampler set!

Also, yeah I heard the door knock and by the time I got to it the package was just propped up, dead centre in the porch. :pac: Still, I'm glad they didn't bring it back to the depot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Mine arrived today. Contents are:

Verbena Shower Gel 75ml
    Verbena Body Lotion 75ml
    Verbena Eau De Toilette 10ml
    Almond Shower Oil 75ml
    Almond Delicious Hands 10ml
    Aromachologie Repairing Shampoo 75ml
    Aromachologie Repairing Conditioner 75ml
    Extra-Gentle Shea Butter Milk Soap 50g
    Shea Butter Hand Cream 10ml
    Shea Foot Cream 10ml

I didn't know they could make hand lotion so small. Sizes of the shampoo and shower stuff good for travel and later as refillable bottles. But the three 10ml handcreams are a laugh. I think this is very much something that will be regifted.

It's hard to even compare the price of this with individual items on the website. They have a travel shampoo and conditioner 75ml for €8.00, Almond Shower Oil 75ml €8.00, Verbena Shower Gel 75ml €6.50. So it's like you're paying for the five items at the bottom of the box and the other five minis (hand/foot lotion, soap, eau de toilette) come free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

leck wrote: »
    Mine arrived today. Contents are:

Verbena Shower Gel 75ml
    Verbena Body Lotion 75ml
    Verbena Eau De Toilette 10ml
    Almond Shower Oil 75ml
    Almond Delicious Hands 10ml
    Aromachologie Repairing Shampoo 75ml
    Aromachologie Repairing Conditioner 75ml
    Extra-Gentle Shea Butter Milk Soap 50g
    Shea Butter Hand Cream 10ml
    Shea Foot Cream 10ml

I didn't know they could make hand lotion so small. Sizes of the shampoo and shower stuff good for travel and later as refillable bottles. But the three 10ml handcreams are a laugh. I think this is very much something that will be regifted.

It's hard to even compare the price of this with individual items on the website. They have a travel shampoo and conditioner 75ml for €8.00, Almond Shower Oil 75ml €8.00, Verbena Shower Gel 75ml €6.50. So it's like you're paying for the five items at the bottom of the box and the other five minis (hand/foot lotion, soap, eau de toilette) come free.

This is no reflection on the OP, fair play to them for posting. However I think we have all been ripped off by Debenhams here. There is no way this was ever on sale for 70 euro or 50 pounds etc. It's illegal to claim a price that was never used by a retailer. I think this was an absolute swindle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

This is no reflection on the OP, fair play to them for posting. However I think we have all been ripped off by Debenhams here. There is no way this was ever on sale for 70 euro or 50 pounds etc. It's illegal to claim a price that was never used by a retailer. I think this was an absolute swindle.

Try complaining and you might get a refund ;)

Maybe not, I'd say its not on the level of Amazon refunds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,296 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They arrived and I think they'll make a lovely gift on Christmas Day, something a bit different, but no way anyone is paying even 50 euros for this never mind 50 pounds.

I suppose the hand creams are handbag \ clutch size so might be appreciated for that :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I suppose the hand creams are handbag \ clutch size so might be appreciated for that :)

I hate seeing packages in this size asat that size, just pure packaging, waste of plastic and really damaging to the environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

collected my L'occtaine stuff yesterday. The items are small and definitely not worth €70.
    It will make a lovely gift for my SiL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I am really struggling to see any evidence at all about the original retrail price of 70 euro or even £50; how would we find that out??

Archive.org ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Got mine yesterday and there was a red sticker on top corner, £30/€35 on it.....still nice little(miniature) packaged pressie for Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Nightline claiming they delivered it and I signed for it, but of course no sign of it!

bk wrote: »
    Nightline claiming they delivered it and I signed for it, but of course no sign of it!

Check your bin or under your car!

But seriously, I didn't have to sign for mine. Very odd.

EDIT: I found the set on amazon...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Loccitane-Piece-Beauty-Classics-Gift/dp/B01MS4FS1W/ref=sr_1_160_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1509738085&sr=8-160&keywords=l%27occitane+gift+set

...retailing for 52GBP! (58.49EUR).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

me_irl wrote: »

Mine was in the coal bunker!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

For €25 I'm very happy with it - nice pressie for SIL

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I live in an apartment building, so no idea where the fecker might have left it! I've walked around, but no sign. :mad:

Actually in these situations will Debenhams provide a replacement?

I can't wait to see where the bastids put mine when I get back.

bk wrote: »
    I live in an apartment building, so no idea where the fecker might have left it! I've walked around, but no sign. :mad:

Crap!

Suppose give them a call?
    Customer Service
    Email webhelp@nightline.ie
    Lo Call 1890 321 890
    Open 09:00-19:00 Monday-Friday
    09:00 -13:00 Saturday, Closed Sunday and Bank Holidays

Had to call them before and they were sound.

Crap!

Suppose give them a call?

Had to call them before and they were sound.

Thanks, yes I only realised this evening after support hours. I've sent them an email.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

SHowed them to my missus yesterday, and she reckons that their stuff is very fairly expensive, and she thought €25 a pop was great value. She works in that kind of business, so I'm very happy to give them as a present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

These arrived today, having bought this brand before for presents in the past, €25 was pretty good value in my book. Wasn't as small as I thought thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yeah this stuff is usually pricey, got some in the airport for the gf earlier this year, 30 for a smaller pack. This is great value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

agree with above, this brand is quite pricey so 25 is good value.... 75 would have been a rip off and i doubt they ever sold at that price....

Found mine beside the house, one of the boxes fairly damaged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

this is gone now

whiterebel wrote: »
    SHowed them to my missus yesterday, and she reckons that their stuff is very fairly expensive, and she thought €25 a pop was great value. She works in that kind of business, so I'm very happy to give them as a present.

Yeah, L'Occitane is a pricey ("premium") brand all right. OP found a great deal!

For those who were complaining that they thought this was a rip off, I found this set on Amazon (I also posted this earlier in the thread).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Loccitane-Piece-Beauty-Classics-Gift/dp/B01MS4FS1W/ref=sr_1_160_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1509738085&sr=8-160&keywords=l%27occitane+gift+set

56 sterling!

It is an expensive Brand, there are often good deals in Kildare outlet. They do a beautiful Verbena and Mint Frangrance if you ever come across it!

However, I think giving sizes the size of the hand creams and perfume in this set, 10ml is useless and more environmentally damaging (making fancy plastic tubes for that size) than anything else. 10ml is not worth getting.

No offence to op, they were passing on a good deal, I bought one, but will be careful who I give it to.

Its one of those where you get a smelly set of stuff you wont use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

anewme wrote:
    Its one of those where you get a smelly set of stuff you wont use.

Very handy as a travel set though.

august12 wrote: »
    Very handy as a travel set though.

I think the hand creams are too small to be useful at all, use once or twice and throw away, not environmentally friendly at all.

Shampoo, conditioner and soap grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

My 2 arrived today. Presents for 2 nieces. I.m well happy and I would be a regular buyer of this brand. I think it is a great way of trying some of their products without purchasing the full item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

back to 70 Euro on Irish site and 50 GBP on UK's one..

total rip-off at that price...

andersat2 wrote: »
    back to 70 Euro on Irish site and 50 GBP on UK's one..

total rip-off at that price...

Post it again as a new entry in Bargain Alerts saying how great a deal it is and someone will still buy it at that price ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement