Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good morning. I have an card issue I would like to solve this problem as soon as poss

Options
  • 30-10-2017 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have been travelling around Southeast Asia for the last 6 months. The biggest problem is for security reasons my visa debit card from Bank of Ireland was blocked for online shopping. In other words, I cannot book flights, hotels and etc. On the other hand, I have to unblock my card in order to book my return flight to Ireland as I live in Dublin. What do I need to do in order to go back to use my card? What are the steps please? I can provide you all the security questions, however, I need to unlock my card asap please. Thanks a lot :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,561 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

It's a bank holiday Monday. Why don't you try ringing the card support if it's urgent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

I have been travelling around Southeast Asia for the last 6 months. The biggest problem is for security reasons my visa debit card from Bank of Ireland was blocked for online shopping. In other words, I cannot book flights, hotels and etc. On the other hand, I have to unblock my card in order to book my return flight to Ireland as I live in Dublin. What do I need to do in order to go back to use my card? What are the steps please? I can provide you all the security questions, however, I need to unlock my card asap please. Thanks a lot :)
    Hi wally.dublin,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

Please check for a text or email from our Card Security team in relation to your card. They will contact you if there are unusual transactions on your account and will ask you to confirm if you made a transaction or not. They will never ask you to click on a link to unlock your account, or ask you to confirm your account or log in details. If you are still having trouble using your card, please call our Card Security team on +35314885466 and they will be happy to have a look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement