Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 Pro used purchase

Options
  • 30-10-2017 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

I am going to buy a used PS4 pro on adverts from a reputable seller. I have a quick question.. I obviously have my own PlayStation account with game information download save games etc. if the used PS4 pro has its own account on it can I simply add my profile to the machine so that so I have two benefits of playing his games and mine?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

sticker wrote: »
    I am going to buy a used PS4 pro on adverts from a reputable seller. I have a quick question.. I obviously have my own PlayStation account with game information download save games etc. if the used PS4 pro has its own account on it can I simply add my profile to the machine so that so I have two benefits of playing his games and mine?

Thanks

Yes you can add your account to it. However be warned, playing "his games" is not strictly allowed and he can simply turn off his account at any time via the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

RedXIV wrote: »
    Yes you can add your account to it. However be warned, playing "his games" is not strictly allowed and he can simply turn off his account at any time via the web.

Thanks.. What about my sub profiles? My son has a profile. Does it work the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If you use you account and play connected to the internet you can play any games on your account, but if you set the PS4 as primary console then any account can play the games on that machine even online.

You can only have 1 primary PS4 for an account, which means that this guy you need to keep that console as primary and if it isn't you'd need to play on his account to play anything. Wouldn't expect those games to stay there, if it was his actual account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

sticker wrote: »

Thanks

Did you end up buying it from adverts, how'd you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

CWF wrote: »
    Did you end up buying it from adverts, how'd you get on

Yes bought it on adverts. Was given wrong cable but got it sorted. Made the old PS4 primary and both now work fine...

• Advertisement
Advertisement