Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing an old phone socket

Options
  • 30-10-2017 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

there is an old phone socket I'd like to remove. It isn't the one which was used for a phone when we moved in and is in the way of a couch we need to squeeze in.

photos are here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm5fw9nY

and also uploaded (the upload doesn't always work for me so I've also linked to flickr)

can I just cut the wires and tape off? for whats its worth there doesn't appear to be voltage flowing through the wires (i checked with a handheld stud/voltage finder).

Ive heard that people should try and remove all the wire back to a master panel but that would be quite a job for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Tape up and push back into wall.

No issue with phone line if not using.

Just unscrew back box and fill in or leave so you know where it is if you ever changed to broadband on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dragon101

Thanks punisher - will do!

Advertisement