Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gate keypad replacement

Options
  • 30-10-2017 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Is it difficult to replace the keypad at the gate with a new one?

Basically the one we have, some of the keys have started to fail and i wanted to replace with a better one.

Is is easy to do or would you need a professional to do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Within the last 18 months The Health & Safety Authority sent a bulletin to all PSA licensed contractors regarding automatic gates.
    As a result of this, i would encourage you to get a professional out to replace your keypad and to maybe give the gates a once over from a safety perspective while there.
    If you were to replace the keypad and should anyone be hurt by your gate, then you could be deemed as the last person working on the gates and could lead to trouble for you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Folks,

Is it difficult to replace the keypad at the gate with a new one?

Basically the one we have, some of the keys have started to fail and i wanted to replace with a better one.

Is is easy to do or would you need a professional to do it?

What type of keypad is there at the moment.?

Advertisement