Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost of Tsushima

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Heavy panting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Arccckk don’t know if I should go digital or disk for this one
    I’ll see how much it is on Argos tomorrow
    There’s nothing else out now till November for me with cyberpunk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heavy panting...

lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Weird, my local Argos has this listed as can be ordered for collection from Tuesday while others have it in stock ready to go. Cheapest b&m price at 60 as well.

• Advertisement

OK, so 8 or so hours later, and i think I can safely say I like it. I will admit, the visual drop from the trailers was a small shock, I be thinking it was all next gen footage they've been showing in the trailers. But once I got over that, I started enjoying it more. Combat is satisfying, and one can easily get overwhelmed by enemies. But enjoyable when it works. All deaths have been my own fault.

Story is good, and the voice acting in English is too notch for the main cast at least. Played a good long session but have only scratched the surface. Exploring is fun, and I like the idea with the wind.

Much more to do, but some sleep at this stage is needed. To be continued.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Weird, my local Argos has this listed as can be ordered for collection from Tuesday while others have it in stock ready to go. Cheapest b&m price at 60 as well.

Was considering cancelling my Smyths pre-order and picking it up from Argos, glad I didn't. my nearest one says it can't be picked up until Monday. Safe to say ye can't rely on Argos day one.

Markitron wrote: »
    Was considering cancelling my Smyths pre-order and picking it up from Argos, glad I didn't. my nearest one says it can't be picked up until Monday. Safe to say ye can't rely on Argos day one.

My local just changed to now having 5+ in stock.

Generally use argos for day one releases tbh. Never had a problem.

My local just changed to now having 5+ in stock.

Mine still says Monday
    Generally use argos for day one releases tbh. Never had a problem.

Seems I would have a problem right now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Jesus my local Argos only had 5 in stock. Reserved that ASAP. Long day now.

I don't finish til half 5 😭

If you run out of stamina while sprinting, tap dash and your stamina gets auto refilled :) Hopefully that doesn't get patched. I hate open world games that don't have infinite stamina outside combat, stop slowing me down dammit!

If you run out of stamina while sprinting, tap dash and your stamina gets auto refilled :) Hopefully that doesn't get patched. I hate open world games that don't have infinite stamina outside combat, stop slowing me down dammit!

In Botw Link has the stamina of an 80 year old overweight chainsmoker, it was infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

In Botw Link has the stamina of an 80 year old overweight chainsmoker, it was infuriating.

Well he was asleep for like 100 years, be glad he wasnt in a wheelchair for the game :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BotW would have been better if the first 20 hours were link getting over muscle atrophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

This is better than BoTW.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    BotW would have been better if the first 20 hours were link getting over muscle atrophy.

There are a lot of things I disliked about the game, but this was easily the most annoying. I wanted to love it as much as everyone else did but things like this just wouldn't let me.

I probably made things a lot worse for myself by focusing on health upgrades cos I wanted the Master Sword, mostly cos I wanted a weapon that wouldn't break. Little did I know..............

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well on the other hand I recognised that exploration was more important than combat so doubled down on stamina.

As for the weapons breaking I kind of like how it made you improvise and try out different weapons. I was never at a loss for weapons. It kind of made you think you were and you ran low but I never flat out ran out of weapons.

My main issue with the game is the end game where it lost that spirit of on the spot improvisation and I had more weapons than I could ever use and enemies became damage sponges in response and a lot less fun to fight.

Think you might have approached it as a standard ubisoft game and not a exploration sandbox. As for weapon degradation, I think sometimes we just have it let go of our bad habits with hoarding amazing stuff that you never end up using that we picked up from other games (Resident Evil, you have a lot to answer for).I kind of enjoyed just using everything at my disposal rather than hanging on to them, it was kind of liberating :pac:

At the end of the day I'd class it as a different game to the usual open world template.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

God damn the combat is so satisfying!!

• Markitron wrote: »

Health and upgrade options were a bad grind in BOTW imo

It should not have required so many to upgrade one slot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Health and upgrade options were a bad grind in BOTW imo

It should not have required so many to upgrade one slot

100% agree with this statement.

(Btw i have no idea what everyone is talking about. So I've no context for this lol)

Tried the Heavenly Strike mythic take early in the game. Was getting slaughtered by all the enemies. I think for these missions, you are better off gaining more skills. Loving the game so far anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Love everything about the stamina bar in BotW. The way that game makes exploration and navigation the fundamental building blocks of the game is what completely separates it from the rest of the pack for me (that and like a thousand other things, granted). Indeed I’d say Grow Home / Up are some of the only other open world games that really nailed that sense of achievement when you finally reach that distant spot or tricky height. Crackdown was a decent early stab at taunting you with massive, teasing heights to ascend, but I think the game was too underwhelming in other regards alas. Death Stranding is a fascinating if maddening stab at something completely different too.

I guess what’s shared across all those games is the sense of the world as the central obstacle to overcome. I’m not a fan of games that go too far that direction and obsess over tedious survival mechanics, but certainly love worlds that have an escalating set of in-world landmarks that you have to really work your way towards and toolsets that evolve to allow you to reach them. Much prefer that to the checklist clearing approach other games like AC go for.

Can’t reasonably comment on how well or badly this game manages anything, of course, as I haven’t played it, but can’t let BotW bashing go unresponded to ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Tried the Heavenly Strike mythic take early in the game. Was getting slaughtered by all the enemies. I think for these missions, you are better off gaining more skills. Loving the game so far anyway

Did it before even having done the first 2 main missions [helping Yuna and whatever the other one is], without issue till the end Boss fight. Took a few attempts, but was easy once you learn to dodge and parry. :)

Unlocking the Standoff upgrade to kill additional Foes was incredibly useful, especially if you start on the brutes with the shields and consequently killing off others following up.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Did it before even having done the first 2 main missions [helping Yuna and whatever the other one is], without issue till the end Boss fight. Took a few attempts, but was easy once you learn to dodge and parry. :)

Unlocking the Standoff upgrade to kill additional Foes was incredibly useful, especially if you start on the brutes with the shields and consequently killing off others following up.

Yeah I kept on activating the standoff with the big guy with the shield to get him out of the way. Need to get used to parry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Looks like i'll pick this up tomorrow. Need something pretty looking after playing TLOU2 :/

That tips video is recommended if only for the observation of leaders. Did not know that, have done myself out of 7 upgrade points!

Could have, should have just got a disc from Argos, forgot how bad speeds are on PS Store for downloads but I'd over 100 in credit to use up. Just started the download and it's reporting 3 hours :(

@Potential-Monke can you pop what ever was said about that in a spoiler tag for me as I don't really want to watch that video incase of spoilers.

@Potential-Monke can you pop what ever was said about that in a spoiler tag for me as I don't really want to watch that video incase of spoilers.

Of course. It doesn't really spoil anything other than certain skills which you can see from the get go, but basically if you are entering an area with a leader (cross swords in gold above the head), get hidden or on a roof and hold R2 while looking at the leader. This gives you an upgrade point, and you get another for killing them.

• Advertisement

Oh well worth knowing, good shout.

Advertisement