Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost of Tsushima

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya he wasn't there, no icon on the map either.

He probably had the right idea and got the **** off the island :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Where you start in the middle of the map, there was a question mark. It was a foxes den and i followed the fox to a shrine by a waterfall. Sorry, not much help that's all i remember about it.

Ha I must have completely ignored the fox at the start as I don't remember that shrine at all. I'll check it out, that charm sounds very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

shrewdness wrote: »
    Ha I must have completely ignored the fox at the start as I don't remember that shrine at all. I'll check it out, that charm sounds very handy.

Guide for where to find charm
    https://www.gosunoob.com/ghost-of-tsushima/charm-of-inari-best-charms/

Ah what luck, I'm not far from it. It's taken be a bloody age to get that far south on the map. It's one distraction after another.

Favorite things so far are standoffs and bamboo cutting. Feel like such a bad bass taking out 3 and finishing any off that are crawling away as others charge at you. Sometime theres even arterial spray :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya he wasn't there, no icon on the map either.

I restarted the game again and I did bow mans quest again and guess what ? it didn't show up! so I was gonna delete the game until I said I would do warriors code first, completed that and it bow man second side quest is now there! thank ****! my internet is terrible atm and I would hate to have to download this again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Putting camera speed to fast helps when your surrounded

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Interesting that Khotun Khan is a fictional character, I thought he was real.

• It's early enough but I'm not feeling this at all so far. Just not gripping me yet.
    The pacing of the first portion of the game is poor IMO

I don't enjoy the stealth sections. It works. That's about it.

Something kind of janky about the whole experience too that I can't quite put my finger on.

Will give it more time when I can muster it later in the week and see if it improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Regarding missions not showing up, I thought I had the same, icons not showing, but when I went into the Journal and pressed square to show on map, they turned up then.

When I called it a night I realised I only needed 3 more foxes to unlock the final charm slot. The game isn't slow to give you access to stuff and I'm still on act one in the first area with maybe 50% of the area uncovered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

It's early enough but I'm not feeling this at all so far. Just not gripping me yet.
    The pacing of the first portion of the game is poor IMO

I don't enjoy the stealth sections. It works. That's about it.

Something kind of janky about the whole experience too that I can't quite put my finger on.

Will give it more time when I can muster it later in the week and see if it improves.

same, I'm trading it today, can't be arsed with a prettier looking version of the first ass creed. The combat is the killer for me, no lock-on and the few misisons I've done have been ordinary to poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Got this on Friday but didn't get much time to play it over the weekend. The lack of a lock on is annoying but it seems like the open world will be an extremely relaxing place to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'm persevering with it. Combat isn't great, can beat most enemies so far with just normal attacks so not much point upgrading, however I do upgrade, then use the newly acquired upgrade for about ten minutes.. No lock on is frustrating.

Looks great but the character when running about looks a bit juddery.

Every time you speak to someone it has to go in to a cut scene which is extremely annoying.

I can see it getting very repetitive but will keepgoing for now.

• sweetie wrote: »
    same, I'm trading it today, can't be arsed with a prettier looking version of the first ass creed. The combat is the killer for me, no lock-on and the few misisons I've done have been ordinary to poor.

Yes, I think fundamentally if a game can't grip me in the first few hours I'm not going to force myself 'to get to the good bits'.

It's just bad design IMO

Gonna trade too me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yes, I think fundamentally if a game can't grip me in the first few hours I'm not going to force myself 'to get to the good bits'.

It's just bad design IMO

Gonna trade too me thinks

except if it's a souls game lol

I'm actually really enjoying the combat now. Initially I wasn't keen on the lack of lock on but it's gelled with me now and I find switching stances instinctive. Getting the arrow deflect helps a lot too. Really annoying being pinged while trying to time a parry.

Biggest problem I think is the camera the fov is pretty tight on Jin most of the time. Even speeding it up while it helps doesn't solve the problem.

Girlfriends home so I wont get to play today. We are watching tv shows but all I can think of is this game.

I find that making Jin roll sets the camera back in place but yeah, it's a compromise and not ideal.

Also, anyone think the UI designers might be the same as the ones for Jedi Fallen Order? The health bar and font remind me of Fallen Order for some reason.

Hope not, stopped playing Jedi a few weeks ago and haven't went back!

I do want to get back to it but I'm a weekend player.
    Only time recently I've played duri the week is TLOU2 as I really wanted to play more.

Think the story is fairly weak or the unskippable cut scenes for every NPC interaction definitely detracts from it.

Saying that, I'll play another heap of hours this weekend and hope it doesn't get repetitive...but it does seem like it will, hope I'm surprised :(

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Really liking it. The story definitely improves in the latter stages and some of the side missions are quite impactful.
    I think the combat is great though, although the soulsborne player in me definitely misses a lock on but that's only been an issue on a couple of occasions.
    I think initially I was a bit bummed out that it was effectively a farcry/assassins creed structure and I definitely think it makes the game overly bloated, although having said that I can't stop playing it and the combat hasn't gotten boring for me yet.

I think my main criticism is that the game feels like it was slightly rushed out the door? The cutscenes for a majority of quests seem really static and it kinda takes me out of the experience. Seems a bit, old fashioned maybe?

If I had to give it a rating I'd probably give it an 8, but it's the best 8 i've played in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

This is the second time I had written a game off and already coming to the conclusion I dont like Ghost of Tsushima despite not playing it for myself first before I judged it so harshly.

I am currently around 10-15 hours playing at the moment but I just love how relaxing the game makes you feel exploring its world .
    These are some of the best environments I have ever seen in a videogame , just when I thought I could not see anything else rival the likes of God of War , Last of us 2 or Horizon Zero Dawn , Ghost Of Tsushima probably has some of the best environments ever.

If it were any other AAA game , the game would constantly bring hoards of enemies onto the player at every turn and it would feel exhausting after a while .
    The world is very much like Breath of the wild and Death Stranding that its so calm and peaceful I just want to walk everywhere . its such a wonderful feeling .

Since I am a Soulsplayer and a Sekiro/ Devil May Cry Fanboy , I was afraid the combat would feel too much like Assassin Creed it would be so boring .
    Despite the few gripes I have with the way it feels at times and the camera , I find it perfectly fine , and the game does give alot of customizability with different move sets and items I am very happy with this :)

If I had to rate it now I would give it a high 8/10 . if they could iron out a few bugs in the sequel this could easily be a 9/10 or a 10/10

• Advertisement

I love doing The Mythic quests you really have to put your investigation hat on. Just got The Heavenly Strike. Super handy for brutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Only a couple of hours in, I quite like the combat so far. The standoff mechanic is incredibly satisfying, hadn't a clue what it wanted me to do at first but when I understood what it was I wanted that to be the rest of the game. I have been killed a few times as things can go bad quickly if you don't heal. My main gripe is that the camera feels a bit off at times, like you get caught in front of something and you have to try readjust the camera.
    I've only played a few hours but I think this might be the best looking open world game I played, to the point I find it hard to spot enemies or items at times. Its another example of a game squeezing more out of an older system in its last few months of prominence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

This was a game that Sucker Punch were working on that was cancelled, hence why the gameplay looks a bit ropey. You can see little parts they reused again however.

I actually think the stand off is a bit if a gimmick, used it a few times but now I don't bother.

The Stand off is a handy way to drop a few mobs when exploring. But I assassins creed it around bases then stand off the remainder. I'm playing on normal but its a bit easy. Parry slice kills most people with my upgraded sword so I might put it on hard. Love Love Love this game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

The stand off is also handy if you're running low on resolve, can build it back up with a good stand off, along with getting rid of a few enemies quickly aswell.

I'm on Act 2 now(though there's still loads I have yet to do/discover in the first area). Only early in the second act but they seem to be changing it up a bit to catch you out in the stand offs. I'm so used to the enemy flinching a few times before going in, so I hold off, but one lad went straight for me and I was caught off guard, and emptied my health from the off.

shrewdness wrote: »
    The stand off is also handy if you're running low on resolve, can build it back up with a good stand off, along with getting rid of a few enemies quickly aswell.

I'm on Act 2 now(though there's still loads I have yet to do/discover in the first area). Only early in the second act but they seem to be changing it up a bit to catch you out in the stand offs. I'm so used to the enemy flinching a few times before going in, so I hold off, but one lad went straight for me and I was caught off guard, and emptied my health from the off.

Go for the armor first on act two if you like the standoffs.

Advertisement