Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost of Tsushima

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I ****ing hated that AC map and even with Cyberpunk, I get annoyed everytime I open it up. Absolute cluster**** and i spend more time watching the minimap than the actual game. More devs definitely need to innovate like sucker punch for what they did with this.

Just googled Cyberpunks...

cyberpunk-2077-map.jpg

I just can't anymore with that stuff. It's definitely a sign of me getting old!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Got bored with Valhalla so started this. Only a couple of hours in but enjoying it so far. Liking the combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,538 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Are those yellow and green paper icons from the actual game? I don't remember them being there?

I think they were small side quests added periodically with monthly updates to the game. Lost Tales of Greece or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

is this worth punishing the kid for something he didnt do and confiscating the Ps5?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This game is screen shot city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,940 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finally went back into this again with the intention of finishing the main story. I was just at the last story mission in Act 2 and stopped. Into the third act now and hooked again. Super smooth on the PS5 with Performance selected, but can see the benefit of the visual upgrade if you like taking photos. Gonna plough through the story now and see about clearing up the map for the Plat.

Great game, I feel it doesn't get the praise it deserves, at the very least from a visual and file size point of view. Fast travel on the map is now near instant if within the same territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Finally finished this last night and had a handful of things for the platinum which I ticked off shortly after. Magnificent game, brilliant storyline and fun to play. A bit grindy for me but that was due to me chasing the plat early rather than the game itself.

Absolutely loved it and it was a beauty on the PlayStation 5.

Have to agree with Marc above, I wore myself out early on collecting everything and ended up leaving it for a while. Finished it up over the last few nights and got the Plat last night. I compared it to trying to get the Plat in Fenyx, and GoT is way easier to get. It reveals the icons for everything once you've liberated the area so made finishing up a lot easier, unlike Fenyx which requires you to find the icons with the eagle vision, but it has a very limited range, and not everything you need to do has an icon...

Anyway, I fear this game got overlooked by a lot of people, and while it doesn't do anything necessarily new, everything it does do it does really well. The visuals alone are worth playing this game for, and each area does have a different look/feel to it. Playing the last few missions up north in the snow was quite different to the last 2 areas. Story was pretty good, if a bit depressing overall but suppose it wasn't all craic when being invaded!

Haven't played Legends, but no interest in it really. I hope there's a second, I reckon there should be. Doubt they'll add an update to sync the mouths to the Japanese audio, would love to play through it again with Zoro as my voice, but the lip sync is putting me off. I'd imagine it's way better with Japanese audio. Also, for the sequel, we need more gore! Slaughtering and Ghost Stance kills were amazing, but there were times where some dismemberment should happen outside of those 2 times, especially with the Stand Off. Not expecting Tarantino levels, just some arms and legs as needs be, instead of slashes.

Anyway, amazing game. My GOTY even with the grind break I took. It's closely followed by Immortals: Fenyx Rising and the excellent Astro's Playroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

About 5 or 6 hours in and am absolutely loving it. Combat clicked with me so that has helped, initially i was just steaming in like Thomas the Tank engine and getting my arse kicked multiple times but the nuances of it are just super, I love, love, love the standoff option. Been mixing it up, just wandering around from place to place and sort of following the main campaign but getting side tracked by foxes, golden birds and fireflies is a nice distraction. Really enjoying the pace of the game. Whereas something like ACV just throws multiple missions at you GOT keeps it tight and allows you to find extra things to do if you so desire. Ive never platinumed a game, trophy chasing has no interest for me but its nice that i can leave things out like
    not having to collect all headbands as they dont provide any buffs.

The game is absolutely bloody gorgeous too. Thoroughly enjoying it and I am going to take my time to soak it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,755 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, gone back to this after my first go at launch and i traded it near end of act 1, siege on the castle. It looks and plays gloriously on the ps5. The 60fps makes such a difference. I pushed through the castle, got to the boss and didn't think I'd ever beat him, tempted to drop to easy. Remembered there was a parry button and beat him no problem. Since then, the combat has just clicked with me and already feel like a badass samurai. Started Act 2 and loving it. Must go back to Act 1 area to clean up anything i ignored as I'm sure I'm missing some armour/upgrades from the activities there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

So, gone back to this after my first go at launch and i traded it near end of act 1, siege on the castle. It looks and plays gloriously on the ps5. The 60fps makes such a difference. I pushed through the castle, got to the boss and didn't think I'd ever beat him, tempted to drop to easy. Remembered there was a parry button and beat him no problem. Since then, the combat has just clicked with me and already feel like a badass samurai. Started Act 2 and loving it. Must go back to Act 1 area to clean up anything i ignored as I'm sure I'm missing some armour/upgrades from the activities there.

Yeah once you master parrying and the different stances, combat is much easier

Must go back to Act 1 area to clean up anything i ignored as I'm sure I'm missing some armour/upgrades from the activities there.

Be a bit wary about that. I got burned out at the end of Act 2 because I cleared the first area before moving on. I found it much easier to clear areas once the act in that area was finished. I also recommend to go for all the bases first (which show once you have that area act cleared) and this will make it far easier for fast travel to get the remaining bits for Plat. Easy enough plat in fairness. And still a joy to wonder around after finishing.

Be a bit wary about that. I got burned out at the end of Act 2 because I cleared the first area before moving on. I found it much easier to clear areas once the act in that area was finished. I also recommend to go for all the bases first (which show once you have that area act cleared) and this will make it far easier for fast travel to get the remaining bits for Plat. Easy enough plat in fairness. And still a joy to wonder around after finishing.

Ah now it makes sense why all those icons popped up on the bottom map. I might at least do the shrines, must check the missions available and see their rewards. So am i best to push on with Act 2, i tend to get burned out alright following every little activity but don't wanna miss weapons/upgrades.

Ah now it makes sense why all those icons popped up on the bottom map. I might at least do the shrines, must check the missions available and see their rewards. So am i best to push on with Act 2, i tend to get burned out alright following every little activity but don't wanna miss weapons/upgrades.

To be honest, the extra equipment is only visual anyway. Do the 1v1 duels when you can as you unlock special moves from them iirc. Do the Springs and Bamboo strikes to increase your health/resolve, but other than that there's not much outside of visual collectibles (Haikyu's are required for Plat though).

Good thing about collecting everything in the end is the wind. Once you have the upgrades, the wind can guide you towards any type of collectible. Used it for a few things, but in general anything you need to collect for the Plat you won't need the wind for, just pick a ? and travel.

The only upgrades of huge note outside of those earned through the menu are the mythical attacks which are worth finding.

The shrines are worth seeking out for the major charms and they're probably the most fun of the lot with their platforming.

Bamboo strikes, hot springs and fox dens you'll find enough of on your travels without seeking out and will buff you enough. As mentioned, the map reveal upon liberating an area will make it a lot easier. Haikus and pillars are pure cosmetic (albeit required for plat).

As a heads up, you can't liberate the third island until the story is completed so whilst its worth clearing camps, you can't reveal that map until the game is over.

On a side note a crowdfunding campaign for repairs to the real-life island of Tsushima has concluded with more than 27m yen (£192k) raised - 500 per cent of its original goal - thanks in part to donations from fans of Ghost of Tsushima.

This shrine was damaged last year in a typhoon
    jpg

Excellent thanks lads. Well do the shrines from act 1 and maybe mythical quests and 1v1 and push on with Act 2. If i end up still living the game by the end, I'll go for the plat.

Fast travel is even quicker now which helps and I've gone back to golden temple, Jesus it looks even better which i didn't think it could.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I personally found the plat a bit of grind, what I thought was the last few items seem to take an age and took a bit of the shine off what was a superb story driven experience.

So my advice would be stick to story - you'll get enough upgrades by doing that plus the odd side mission along the way. Go back for the full clean up at the end of you'te still enjoying it. I was a bit burned out out by then

Ignore banners and artifacts!

Ignore banners and artifacts!

Already ignoring em, **** that :pac:

• Advertisement

Played probably 2-3 hours this evening. Really enjoying it so far. The lack of a lock-on camera is actually a bit jarring at first given how it's so widely used in games like this, but getting more used to it. But the game is simply breathtakingly beautiful to look at, and I'm enjoying the story so far (plus I instantly recognised the archery master Ishikawa as the Dharma Scientist from Lost :D).

Looking forward to continuing.

Finding the haptics are a bit annoying. Going off for everything, jump, hit, parry, constantly on at low health. Haotics are a bit noisy as well, only noticed when they are so active. Pity you can't turn them off for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Finding the haptics are a bit annoying. Going off for everything, jump, hit, parry, constantly on at low health. Haotics are a bit noisy as well, only noticed when they are so active. Pity you can't turn them off for this.

I was playing Borderlands 3 yesterday and noticed my controller was rumbling like mad and making crazy noise. Just turned it off and on again from the PS menu. Fixed it right up, think it might be a bug, maybe its happening to you too.

Markitron wrote: »
    I was playing Borderlands 3 yesterday and noticed my controller was rumbling like mad and making crazy noise. Just turned it off and on again from the PS menu. Fixed it right up, think it might be a bug, maybe its happening to you too.

Just tried it there and definitely less noisy. Just feels like strong vibration now instead of haptics so yeah probably a bug, gonna keep an eye on that, sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Just tried it there and definitely less noisy. Just feels like strong vibration now instead of haptics so yeah probably a bug, gonna keep an eye on that, sound!

Its worth keeping an eye out for if you are playing a PS5-enhanced PS4 game.

Came across my first 1 v 1 dual in the open world, now that was epic. Died twice just from staring at the beauty of the scene.

I feel like the dog in Up every time I play this. Riding somewhere with great purpose and steely determinaFOX!!!

Not even trying to bother with stealth either. Standoff every single time even if I'm going to be completely surrounded after it. Have the chain standoff kills and the smoke bombs which help too.

Advertisement