Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost of Tsushima

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭Corvo

Enemies with the pikes / spears suck balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,782 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just completed it, absolutely fantastic but I'm so glad I didn't touch the side stuff. I know it can be ignored but the main missions were so great, if it was a linear game with just these missions, I wouldn't think any less of it where as I would have definitely felt the burn doing other stuff. Epic last battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just completed it, absolutely fantastic but I'm so glad I didn't touch the side stuff. I know it can be ignored but the main missions were so great, if it was a linear game with just these missions, I wouldn't think any less of it where as I would have definitely felt the burn doing other stuff. Epic last battle.

So good. And given that your response will be spoiler free (given it has absolutely no context), did you finish the game with a white outfit? Or a red one?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,782 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So good. And given that your response will be spoiler free (given it has absolutely no context), did you finish the game with a white outfit? Or a red one?

;)

Ah class, didn't know it could be different!

I finished with
    White which was class. Tough choice but glad I went with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Worth "borrowing" the kids PS5 for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Corvo wrote: »
    Enemies with the pikes / spears suck balls.
    As you unlock more stances the third one iirc works well against these enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,558 ✭✭✭✭Penn

As you unlock more stances the third one iirc works well against these enemies.

I still find them ridiculously hard to parry though compared to others. Timing for it seems so much smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Penn wrote: »
    I still find them ridiculously hard to parry though compared to others. Timing for it seems so much smaller.

Check yo charms, one of them extends the window a bit. For all enemies.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Worth "borrowing" the kids PS5 for this?

In my opinion, hells yis.

Rolled credits a bit ago. Really enjoyed the last run. The ending was spectacular.

The game overall was brilliant. There were a good few annoyances I had throughout, but overall they were generally very small and never had any huge impact on my enjoyment of the game.

Not going to push for the platinum though, going to move on to something else. Did the side mission chains I was interested in (though a few missions too long in some cases as much as I enjoyed them) but don't have much of an urge to go through the rest or all the ?'s.

Penn wrote: »
    Rolled credits a bit ago. Really enjoyed the last run. The ending was spectacular.

The game overall was brilliant. There were a good few annoyances I had throughout, but overall they were generally very small and never had any huge impact on my enjoyment of the game.

Not going to push for the platinum though, going to move on to something else. Did the side mission chains I was interested in (though a few missions too long in some cases as much as I enjoyed them) but don't have much of an urge to go through the rest or all the ?'s.

It's very helpful that some of the side bits such as headbands don't actually matter to the game, ie, there is no gameplay/buff benefits but they are there for compltletists if they want them.

• Advertisement

Just got the platinum on this. Enjoyed pretty much every moment of it. A real 10/10 for me. Ticked all the boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Looking for 2 players to play through the Legends stuff with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Just got the platinum on this. Enjoyed pretty much every moment of it. A real 10/10 for me. Ticked all the boxes.

Same here. I found the number of side missions a bit of a slog towards the end but it was a great world to get lost in and take your mind off lockdown

Finished tonight, really enjoyed it, preserved my uncles honour even though he was a dick. The final battle was fantastic frenetic stuff. Very pleasant way to pass the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Finished tonight, really enjoyed it, preserved my uncles honour even though he was a dick. The final battle was fantastic frenetic stuff. Very pleasant way to pass the time.

I killed him. I thought it was what he would’ve wanted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭French Toast

Anyone else found the Sly Cooper easter egg headband? Thought that was a properly cool touch from Sucker Punch, Sly 2 is my all time favourite game :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Anyone else found the Sly Cooper easter egg headband? Thought that was a properly cool touch from Sucker Punch, Sly 2 is my all time favourite game :p
    There is a trophy for wearing a sly cooper outfit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Just after getting the platinum trophy (first proper one too, had one for telltales walking dead but you just get that for completing the game lol)

Really enjoyed it. Was the perfect game at the perfect time for me. The story was excellent and combat very good too. Although just traversing the island and getting the collectibles was the most enjoyable part for me. With all the stresses at the minute I loved just zoning out for an hour or two in the evening riding around looking at all the stunning vistas while climbing shrines, following foxes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

About start this for first time . Did ye play with Japanese dialogue & English subtitles or what way ye play ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

brady12 wrote: »
    About start this for first time . Did ye play with Japanese dialogue & English subtitles or what way ye play ?

I played with Japanese dialogue and english subs, a much better experience imo but then again I play all Japanese games that way.

Ahh ffs, I never even thought to check if there was a Japanese dialogue option.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭dohboy

Yep, I played with Japanese dialogue. When I heard Yanks do the dialogue afterwards on a vid it seemed weird/unauthentic to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Definitely play with Japanese audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

same with Metro games...has to be in Russian :D

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

Playing on ps5 on a 10 year old HDTV & it still looks beautiful . Whole world has me sucked in .

Agree with other posters, Japanese dialogue is the only way. After I completed the game I watched a clip with English dialogue and it was so jarring.

Beware the lip sync is to the english dialogue but its not that off putting

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Beware the lip sync is to the english dialogue but its not that off putting

This is what stopped me playing in Japanese. I tried, but the bad lip syncing put me off. And I would love to play it again with Zoro voicing Jin, but I just can't get past the lip sync. The English isn't that bad, they do a really good job in comparison to other games.

I'm still hoping they'll release a patch for this, but won't happen unfortunately.

I played in English and thought all the performances were pretty great throughout, especially being familiar with some of the actors from other works and a predominantly (if not completely) Asian cast, the voices just really suit them and didn't stand out negatively imo (bar maybe some npcs but that can often be the case anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Yea the English VA's are actually really good and authentic in this, it's not like AC Unity where all these French characters have British accents.

Advertisement