Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost of Tsushima

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Fingers crossed we get the proper Tsushima experience and it's just 90 minutes of the lead character running around following foxes, composing haikus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Fans are pushing for Daisuke Tsuji to play Jin, and I 100% agree with that, considering he's the voice and the character was modelled on him. Might be this generations The Last Samurai (which I do like, Tom Cruise aside).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Downloaded this today finally after 80ish hours in Valhalla without finishing it and not being pulled into Cyberpunk and oh my God is it amazing! I've only put about 1.5 hours into it and everything is just so good :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Downloaded this today finally after 80ish hours in Valhalla without finishing it and not being pulled into Cyberpunk and oh my God is it amazing! I've only put about 1.5 hours into it and everything is just so good :eek:

As good as GoT is, I can't imagine playing it directly after 80 hrs of Valhalla.

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    As good as GoT is, I can't imagine playing it directly after 80 hrs of Valhalla.

80hrs since release day, I work weird hours so I only really game for about 4 evenings a month :pac:

Can you map buttons in GoT? I just cannot get used to dodging with O.

80hrs since release day, I work weird hours so I only really game for about 4 evenings a month :pac:

I'm not sure but if you can't, just remap in the PS5 OS

• Registered Users Posts: 33,558 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Really? I find O is most often the dodge button in games these days.

Penn wrote: »
    Really? I find O is most often the dodge button in games these days.

For some reason it's square in Assassins Creed, I had to remap it in that game.

For some reason it's square in Assassins Creed, I had to remap it in that game.

This is why I'm used to square :D I find myself pressing square every time

• Advertisement

This is why I'm used to square :D I find myself pressing square every time

I would persevere and stick with circle, it is pretty much the standard in 3rd person action action games to have it as dodge.

I got used to square as dodge in AC because all the other buttons were mapped differently. What I could never get used to was circle to jump and X to dodge in God of War while everything else was pretty much standard. :eek:

Yeah I recently replayed GOW and kept jumping with O instead of dodging. Then after finally getting used to it I went to Ghost to finish off the platinum and kept jumping with X instead of dodging.

So I definitely wasn't ready for the heartbreak of Yuriko :(

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭dohboy

So I definitely wasn't ready for the heartbreak of Yuriko :(

Yeh, that was beautifully told. Anyone with an aging aul one couldn't help but be moved. The game's complete lack of humour can be a little jarring at times, but that storyline, among others, really gives you a reward for the abundance of sincerity.

Finished the story yesterday... I didn't even realise I was fighting Khotun Khan when he came down the stairs of the ship, thought he was just another brute :o Getting, and utilising, Dance of Wrath was great before this fight as it really helped! The fight with Shimura was sad too, I didn't like him from the start as I felt he was working with the Khan but alas... I gave him his Warriors Death anyway. Looking forward to the aftergame and maybe a New Game +

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Neither are as good as the witcher 3

Director's cut coming 20th August.

Won't be a free upgrade for PS4 owners but heavily discounted.

I was kinda bummed watching that until the reveal of new island, story and enemies. Definitely gives me a reason to go for it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Japanese lip sync is a nice add.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/07/01/ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-arrives-on-ps5-and-ps4-consoles-on-august-20/
    PS5 exclusive features
    While Director’s Cut players on both PS4 and PS5 will be able to experience the Iki Island content, PlayStation 5 players will have access to a few additional new features.

We’ve heard your feedback about the lack of Japanese lip sync in the original version of Ghost of Tsushima, and it’s something we worked hard to address in this new release. Thanks to the PS5’s ability to render cinematics in real time, cutscenes in Ghost of Tsushima and on Iki Island on PS5 will now offer lip sync for Japanese voice over.

We’re also happy to confirm that Ghost of Tsushima, Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, and the new Iki Island expansion will all take advantage of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers in the Director’s Cut. There will also be enhancements to 3D audio* on PS5, as well as drastically improved load times, 4K resolution options** and framerates targeting 60 FPS.

If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4:

You can pre-order an upgrade to Director’s Cut on PS4 for $19.99 USD. This upgrade will become available starting on August 20.
    Starting on August 20:

If you bought Director’s Cut PS4, you’ll be able to upgrade to Director’s Cut PS5 at any time for $9.99 USD
    You can also upgrade directly (from original Ghost of Tsushima PS4) to Director’s Cut on PS5 for $29.99 USD

Yurt! I genuinely did not expect the Japanese lip sync. That's amazing, and I'll definitely be playing through it again with Zoro as Jin. Yurt!!!!

• Advertisement

Saw that some people were up in arms about this not being free, don’t really get it. They provided a free 60 fps PS5 update last year, adding some of the new updates to the PS4 version, including a new story expansion, adding a lot of graphical features and they are offering a discounted upgrade.

What more do people want?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’ve no problem with them charging for a substantial new expansion - while a native free PS5 version would be nice, they did by all accounts do a damn good upgrade job already anyway.

What does rankle is them charging *more* to buy the ‘director’s cut’ new than it was to buy the original game a year ago. It’s a glorified game of the year / complete edition - those kind of rereleases are meant to be cheaper than the original release, not more expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What does rankle is them charging *more* to buy the ‘director’s cut’ new than it was to buy the original game a year ago. It’s a glorified game of the year / complete edition - those kind of rereleases are meant to be cheaper than the original release, not more expensive!

GOTY/complete editions generally bundling the original game and a bunch of previously released DLC when they're cheaper not just released stuff those tend to cost full prices.

In either case the game isn't more expensive outright than the original release, the PS4 version is the same and the PS5 get's a next gen price increase

At least they didn't pull a Netherealm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Too much English voice acting in that trailer...first time I've seen Jin speak English after doing two play throughs with the Japanese audio.

Will probably get this at some stage once I figure out the easiest way to go from the PS4 version to the added content on the PS5.

Advertisement