Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost of Tsushima

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Great review man, damn ye anyway with yer tempting words.

Were you not going to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Were you not going to get it?

Nope, no interest for whatever reason. Last gameplay I saw looked a bit meh so I happily put it on my ignore list. Sounds really good though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The more I read about the more I know it's not for me.

Apparently the missions include such 'staples' as 'collect some moss' and everyone's favourite 'Track someone by following the footprints'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Sounds like its a fun, relaxing openworld game with good graphics and satisfying combat.

For whatever reason I am really in the mood of something like this right now.

Markitron wrote: »
    Sounds like its a fun, relaxing openworld game with good graphics and satisfying combat.

I think that's what's tempting me. I need a breather after TLOU2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well if that's what you want even the most negative reviews say that's what it is so you'll be well served.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well if that's what you want even the most negative reviews say that's what it is so you'll be well served.

Also I love collecting moss. I just hope there's a trophy for collecting like 1000 moss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

The more I read about the more I know it's not for me.

Apparently the missions include such 'staples' as 'collect some moss' and everyone's favourite 'Track someone by following the footprints'.

Wasn't there 900 seeds you could collect in Breath of the Wild? The daughter drove herself demented trying to get them all. Seeds... moss... every open world has some shíte collectibles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Also I love collecting moss. I just hope there's a trophy for collecting like 1000 moss.

And prove everyone wrong by doing a Mick Jagger impression while you do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭recyclops

Markitron wrote: »

ass creed odyssey has ruined these games for me, its why i am skipping this for now, picked up that for 13 quid and it was fairly priced.

pick this up for peanuts in a few months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭Penn

recyclops wrote: »
    ass creed odyssey has ruined these games for me, its why i am skipping this for now, picked up that for 13 quid and it was fairly priced.

pick this up for peanuts in a few months

Yeah I'm thinking of leaving it for likely price drop around Christmas, and play it on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Trophy list, no difficulty related trophies anyway

https://www.powerpyx.com/ghost-of-tsushima-trophy-list-revealed/

Third Western developed game to get perfect score from Famitsu, others are Skyrim and GTA V
    https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1283273521913831424?s=19

Wasn't there 900 seeds you could collect in Breath of the Wild? The daughter drove herself demented trying to get them all. Seeds... moss... every open world has some shíte collectibles.

The difference is it's an actual story mission here. In BotW there's 900 you can collect but you don't have to collect them all, there's no pressure on the player. It also kind of made fun of collecting them all as your final reward if you were crazy enough to get them all was... well... a lump of poo. No acheivements or anything like that.

It's not really comparable to BotW as they were used more as an incentive to reward exploration and curiosity. You'd be walking around, see an interesting tree or hill and if you went over there and figured out a little puzzle you'd get a seed.

It's that different approach to these things that differentiates BotW from the usual open world fair and makes it so good. BotW is all about player agency and letting the player explore and discover on their own terms while the ubisoft model everything is a checklist or mission.

Third Western developed game to get perfect score from Famitsu, others are Skyrim and GTA V
    https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1283273521913831424?s=19

I can give out about not liking ACG and Easy Allies and all that but never, ever trust a review from Famitsu. They take advertising money to give games good and perfect scores.

And that's not a rumour, they flat out admit to it, saying it's because they are more a catalogue for new games and not a journalistic publication.... so in a way they kind of have a strange sort of integrity.

I can give out about not liking ACG and Easy Allies and all that but never, ever trust a review from Famitsu. They take advertising money to give games good and perfect scores.

And that's not a rumour, they flat out admit to it, saying it's because they are more a catalogue for new games and not a journalistic publication.... so in a way they kind of have a strange sort of integrity.

I remember back in the day when Ocarina of Time getting the first ever perfect score was a huge deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭McFly85

Reading the reviews, I think I’ll sit this one out. I think I’ll feel the same way I do about Horizon. Beautiful to look at, but filled with generic open world exercises I’ll struggle to care about.

The combat sounds like it can be fun but I’ll only end up comparing it with Sekiro.

Didn't realise that

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Great review man, damn ye anyway with yer tempting words.

Thanks a lot for reading my review! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

You seem to just want to provoke people into an argument so you can display your superior gaming knowledge and taste.

We all know you're not interested in the game by now, there can be no doubt, get off your soapbox.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    You seem to just want to provoke people into an argument so you can display your superior gaming knowledge and taste.

We all know you're not interested in the game by now, there can be no doubt, get off your soapbox.

I apologise for triggering you over a videogame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭BagheeraBlue

J Mysterio wrote: »

everyone see's it

Where are people buying this from? I see Smyths have it for 65 (pricey) and sold out in my local anyway. Argos looks to be 55-60 euro while Shopto might be 45-50 (euro currency isn't working for me). I won't bother checking GS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

This is one where I will wait until people get it in their hands. Don't particularly rate the opinions of sites like IGN or Eurogamer and havent for some time. YouTuber's are not exactly reliable either as some of them just don't want their access or relationships effected(when it happens boy they mention it), while others on there are just people who shout into the void.

I won't bother checking GS.

Why not? You don't enjoying paying 10 quid more than anywhere else whilst having to answer more questions than if you were donating blood before they hand over the game?

What is wrong with you?

ERG89 wrote: »
    This is one where I will wait until people get it in their hands. Don't particularly rate the opinions of sites like IGN or Eurogamer and havent for some time. YouTuber's are not exactly reliable either as some of them just don't want their access or relationships effected(when it happens boy they mention it), while others on there are just people who shout into the void.

I know it’s shameless self promotion, but I think my review had a pretty good amount of unbiased factual information regarding the game and what you do in it, how it works etc. I did award it a perfect score, but I think my review gave a good overview of the game to make your own opinions on too. If you want to check it out, let me know what you think of it.

I posted it a bit further back but here’s the link again: http://insidethebox.reviews/review/ghost-of-tsushima-ps4-review

Also if you have any questions about the game, fire away!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Where are people buying this from? I see Smyths have it for 65 (pricey) and sold out in my local anyway. Argos looks to be 55-60 euro while Shopto might be 45-50 (euro currency isn't working for me). I won't bother checking GS.

£50 on Amazon :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghost-Tsushima-Standard-Exclusive-Amazon-co-uk/dp/B085JGSQBJ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1X8GPC7DXIPA2&dchild=1&keywords=ghost+of+tsushima&qid=1594809098&sprefix=tsus%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-1

rm212 wrote: »
    I know it’s shameless self promotion, but I think my review had a pretty good amount of unbiased factual information regarding the game and what you do in it, how it works etc. I did award it a perfect score, but I think my review gave a good overview of the game to make your own opinions on too. If you want to check it out, let me know what you think of it.

I posted it a bit further back but here’s the link again: http://insidethebox.reviews/review/ghost-of-tsushima-ps4-review

Also if you have any questions about the game, fire away!

YOU WERE OBVIOUSLY PAID BY SOOOOONNYYYY!!!

I thought you and Grumpy laid out exactly what i wanted to know (I knew very little) and now I'm very tempted to get it. All you can ask for in a review really.

YOU WERE OBVIOUSLY PAID BY SOOOOONNYYYY!!!

I thought you and Grumpy laid out exactly what i wanted to know (I knew very little) and now I'm very tempted to get it. All you can ask for in a review really.

Ah thanks Zero, that’s kind of you to say! Grumpy’s review was great too, I enjoyed reading it myself.

• Advertisement

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The difference is it's an actual story mission here. In BotW there's 900 you can collect but you don't have to collect them all, there's no pressure on the player. It also kind of made fun of collecting them all as your final reward if you were crazy enough to get them all was... well... a lump of poo. No acheivements or anything like that.

It's not really comparable to BotW as they were used more as an incentive to reward exploration and curiosity. You'd be walking around, see an interesting tree or hill and if you went over there and figured out a little puzzle you'd get a seed.

It's that different approach to these things that differentiates BotW from the usual open world fair and makes it so good. BotW is all about player agency and letting the player explore and discover on their own terms while the ubisoft model everything is a checklist or mission.

Do you have confirmation that the collectables in this game do not relate to missions in game?

Out of interest

Advertisement