Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum 70 HKC Installation/User Manual

Options
  • 30-10-2017 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Evening.... would anyone out there have an installation/engineering manual for the Quantum 70 HKC they could forward to me.

Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi

Unfortunately Boards.ie no longer allow us to share engineer manuals here. Your nest bet would be to contact an installer or the manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 saltyseas

Thanks for the info..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

saltyseas wrote: »
    Evening.... would anyone out there have an installation/engineering manual for the Quantum 70 HKC they could forward to me.

Many thanks

We can't help re that manual but if you have any questions re the panel let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 saltyseas

Thanks for your response.  The problem that I face is that a customer of mine has phoned me up highlighting that the battery needs changing on his alarm as the battery notification is showing on the screen..  I am not familiar with this alarm but I do know that the battery notification comes up after approx. 36 months whether the battery need changing or not.  To reset the battery notification either before or after changing the battery the engineering code is required. The customer does not know the engineering code and the company that installed it no longer exists.
    I understand that the default engineering code is 1111 but having no experience of the alarm if I entered 1111 in the hope that it had not been changed how would I know I was in engineering mode ?...
    Lets assume that I was in engineering mode how do I reset the battery notification.
    Failing all that I would have to do a factory reset to reset the engineering code to 1111, how do I achieve this  and no doubt the whole system would need re-programming... I would need the installation manual..
    regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Well if you are an installer why not give one of the lads in HKC a call, they will gladly help you out.
    The default engineer code on quantum is not 1111, that is the user code.
    It is 4567

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 jimmyf27

Having a similar issue to this thread and a few others with regards to the internal battery faulted alert.
    My situation is that alarm was already installed when I bought the house nearly 3 years ago.
    I have the User code but whatever way it was configured, it only works for setting and unsetting the alarm. No other options given.
    Default Eng code has also been changed also so unable to reset the alarm.
    Called company who installed the alarm and said they can re-program it for 100 quid so looks like will have to go with that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Very poorly set up and programmed & set up in my opinion. €100 to call out & set up your user code the way it should have been set up in the first place?
    Shop around would be my recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jimmyf27

Found the Engineering manual online which has an option in the default menu to reset but no good with out the Eng code. Cheers, will shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jonnycommando

jimmyf27 wrote: »
    Found the Engineering manual online which has an option in the default menu to reset but no good with out the Eng code. Cheers, will shop around.

Are you able to send me this manual direct please?

I need to change the Eng code but don't know the Eng code. The company who installed it have folded. I don't particularly want to crash and programme from the start. Thanks

Advertisement