Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automated gate keypad not opening gate

Options
  • 30-10-2017 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

When I enter the code on the keypad it does the “correct code” noise but he e gate does not open. The gate only opens with the remote.

Anyone know what the problem is?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

It could be anything really, might be a relay issue on the keypad, damage to the interconnecting cable between the gate controller and keypad, a loose connection in the controller.
    That is only the start of it, how long is it like this and have you had any storm damage from the 16th Oct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Adr0315

kub wrote: »
    It could be anything really, might be a relay issue on the keypad, damage to the interconnecting cable between the gate controller and keypad, a loose connection in the controller.
    That is only the start of it, how long is it like this and have you had any storm damage from the 16th Oct ?

Thanks for the reply. Im not sure how long since I usually use the remote. I think it worked since Ophelia, I’m in Wicklow so the storm wasn’t too bad.

sugarman wrote: »
    Need more info than that, what make/model keypad is it?

Act 5e

sugarman wrote: »
    Are you sure its an Act 5e and possibly not an ActSmart2e?

Because the Act 5e is a standalone, and thatd mean theres 2 separate systems in place. (Prob a 433rx to a controller somewhere + the 5e)

and are they both definitely controlling the same gate too? i.e ones not a small pedestrian gate and the other a vehicle gate or something?

If it is the Act 5e anyway, theres a good chance its either the wiring on terminal coming lose which can happen (or else a faulty terminal from weathering) or the relay is knackered (Usually this).

Are you competent with electronics / have access to a multi meter?

That’s what the manual says. We had issues with guy who installed it. We were living abroad at the time. He was supposed to put in a keypad that connected to House so ppl could ring to let us know they are out there and we could just push button inside to open gate. He wouldn’t come back and fix and now it’s a pain in the ass. I know nothing about electrics so I guess I’ll just leave it. Will end up getting replaced anyway. Was hoping it was something simple. Thanks anyway.

Advertisement