Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valuation on Fender Bass / Jazz Bass Guitar?

Options
  • 30-10-2017 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi there

My Father, who played bass guitar for years gigging and I believe was even in a band at one point! He sadly passed away unexpectedly last year at 57.

I have a number of bass guitars belonging to him that he passed down to me.

I was wondering if someone could help me get them valued? There was one in particular that he always kept in a case and said to me on many occasions that "This is your inheritance" :) - these are the Guitars I have:

Fender - Jazz Bass ( USA Jazz M/Neck S1 Switching, code: 0193462700) - That's what is written on it. Serial Number: Z522142. Apparently, he bought this one in the US over 10 years ago for a hefty price tag, though I cant confirm this as I have been unable to locate a receipt or any additional details.

The other one I have is:

Fender: Precision Bass, Serial Number: MZ4118815, Made in Mexico.

Thank you so much in advance for some help, if any, that you can provide.

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Hi oB1, i'm sorry to hear about your Dad. 57's a very young age, and I'm sure it was (and still is) a tough time for you and your family.

Z522142 is a 2005/2006 US made Fender American Standard Jazz Bass. Reverb.com's price guide says between €600 and €900.

MZ4118815 is 2004/2005 Mexican made Standard Precision Bass. Reverb.com's price guide says between €250 and €400

Actual prices would depend on colour and condition and the usual variances of the market.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

phutyle wrote: »
    Hi oB1, i'm sorry to hear about your Dad. 57's a very young age, and I'm sure it was (and still is) a tough time for you and your family.

Z522142 is a 2005/2006 US made Fender American Standard Jazz Bass. Reverb.com's price guide says between €600 and €900.

MZ4118815 is 2004/2005 Mexican made Standard Precision Bass. Reverb.com's price guide says between €250 and €400

Actual prices would depend on colour and condition and the usual variances of the market.

Best of luck.

That is a very thoughtful response, thank you for your kind words! - it's the little things in life that are most appreciated and the words of a stranger mean more than you know! Thank you!

Thanks for providing the Reverb info, gotcha.

I found the price tag for the Jazz Bass, it says €1,500.00 from a music store in Carlow (Ad-Lib Music) - but I guess they depreciate! (I wouldn't have a clue)

I am not even sure if I want to sell them, but, I don't even play myself (but I might want to learn!).

Thank you again

Advertisement