Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music pausing while web browsing

• 30-10-2017 11:04pm

About a week ago I decided to go back to iOS after one year with Android. Got an iPhone 8 Plus. Almost everything is great but I’ve found a major showstopper that was never a problem in the past on any iPhone I’ve used (iOS 4-9) but is a serious pain now.

If I’m listening to music and web browsing, an autoplaying video ad will pause any music I’m listening to. If I check the Control Centre, I can see that it’s trying to play audio from the ad. Initially I thought to install an ad blocker but it doesn’t work when I open links within the Facebook app because I can’t set the app to open the links in Safari (Android can do this), they instead open within the Facebook app itself. It also doesn’t seem to work on two sites I’ve tried in Safari, even with the ad blocker enabled.

Is there any way to stop this? Because if there isn’t, I’ll probably end up back on Android soon enough, despite the other flaws with it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I’ve the same issue when opening links in Facebook, so will be keeping an eye on this to see if there is a fix!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

This is a nightmare when reading a newspaper, RTapp, tunein, they all pause when I click on a new page.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Never experienced this. Maybe an iOS 11 bug? There are definitely issues with the audio controls in the control panel.

Advertisement