Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Options
  • 30-10-2017 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Going to start this as I need to get this off my chest!!! Got a positive clear blue yesterday. Due 9th July I think although I only had one cycle since coming off the pill and it was shorter than pre pill so I’m not 100% sure when I ovulated. Have a 20 month old already so that’s going to be fun!!

Am kinda freaking out a bit to be honest, it was planned but it feels like it happened too easily!!! Am going to book in for an early scan but am trying to figure out when is too early!!!Hope there’s a few more July mammys lurking out there!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Was hoping someone would start a July thread ! Nervously joining, due 3rd July! Have a 22 month old and been trying for no 2 since I stopped breastfeeding seven months ago. Was all ready to head the fertility clinic route as I'm 37 so delighted to get a positive! Feel nervous as it's so early so hoping and praying all goes well. Would also love an early scan. Think I'll try and hold out for around 9 to 10 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 missy_t

Just got my positive on Clearblue today! Can't believe it - we've been trying for over a year and I was just about to make a doctor's appointment for further testing. I think my due date should be around July 7th.

Have you been to the doctor's yet? I don't want to go too early but at the same time I'd love to get things moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

missy_t wrote: »
    Just got my positive on Clearblue today! Can't believe it - we've been trying for over a year and I was just about to make a doctor's appointment for further testing. I think my due date should be around July 7th.

Have you been to the doctor's yet? I don't want to go too early but at the same time I'd love to get things moving.

Congrats!!! That’s brilliant news. I rang today to make an appointment with my Dr but she’s off this week so am booked in for next Tuesday. I know I can book myself in to Holles St but would rather start off with my Dr. I’ll have to get the forms for the combined care too.

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Was hoping someone would start a July thread ! Nervously joining, due 3rd July! Have a 22 month old and been trying for no 2 since I stopped breastfeeding seven months ago. Was all ready to head the fertility clinic route as I'm 37 so delighted to get a positive! Feel nervous as it's so early so hoping and praying all goes well. Would also love an early scan. Think I'll try and hold out for around 9 to 10 weeks!

I’ve a Christmas night out with my best friends early Dec so I’ll probably go for a scan a few days before so I’ll be around 8 weeks. I’d rather wait a bit longer but they’ll twig as soon as I’m not drinking so would just like to know all is as ok as it can be at that stage by then. It won’t help that I started showing early on my first so am sure to look well pregnant at 8 weeks this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gogsjogs

Hi ladies! I found out last week that I’m pregnant and due 2nd July! Absolutely over the moon. I have a 2 1/2 year old girl and had a miscarriage 4 months ago. It’s going to be a very worrying and stressful few weeks but I’m booked in for an early scan at 8 weeks. How’s everybody feeling? I’m nauseous at different times, sore boobs and bloated! Need to step away from the Halloween stash!!:)

• Advertisement

gogsjogs wrote: »
    Hi ladies! I found out last week that I’m pregnant and due 2nd July! Absolutely over the moon. I have a 2 1/2 year old girl and had a miscarriage 4 months ago. It’s going to be a very worrying and stressful few weeks but I’m booked in for an early scan at 8 weeks. How’s everybody feeling? I’m nauseous at different times, sore boobs and bloated! Need to step away from the Halloween stash!!:)

I’m feeling fine so far. Am waiting for the nausea to start, it killed me until 15 weeks last time. Am with you on the Halloween stash! Doesn’t help we didn’t have many trick or treaters!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gogsjogs

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    I’m feeling fine so far. Am waiting for the nausea to start, it killed me until 15 weeks last time. Am with you on the Halloween stash! Doesn’t help we didn’t have many trick or treaters!

I hear ya! I overestimated the numbers too and now have too many sweets in the house! Have to try and clear the sugar from the house as I’m a demon for it at the mo! Yeah my morning sickness lasted till about 16 weeks on last pregnancy and I couldn’t face food at all. It’ll be interesting to see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Due 9th of july. Found out last wed. Ive scan booked for nov 21st ill be 7 weeks then. Baby no 4 and present baby 1 tomorrow

So at approx. 4.45pm today my first symptoms appeared. Headache, sudden exhaustion and the dreaded nausea. And I had my sister and cousin visiting for the day so had to act all happy and normal until they left! Can’t wait for work tomorrow!

Still very few symptoms here. Had just a little nausea last time but this time nothing except tiredness and bloating that is scaring me as look 4 months pregnant already!

• Advertisement

Still very few symptoms here. Had just a little nausea last time but this time nothing except tiredness and bloating that is scaring me as look 4 months pregnant already!

I’m heading to the shops this weekend to buy lots of light scarves and flowey cardigans. I never really toned up after no.1 but it’s ridiculous how much more prominent my stomach seems to have gotten in a few days. Doesn’t help that a promotion opportunity has come up in work so I’d like to keep it quiet for a bit. Competition will be tough so I’m not overly hopeful but still! It was supposed to be advertised months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    I’m heading to the shops this weekend to buy lots of light scarves and flowey cardigans. I never really toned up after no.1 but it’s ridiculous how much more prominent my stomach seems to have gotten in a few days. Doesn’t help that a promotion opportunity has come up in work so I’d like to keep it quiet for a bit. Competition will be tough so I’m not overly hopeful but still! It was supposed to be advertised months ago!

The initial bloat will die down. I looked more pregnant at 6 weeks on #3 than I did at 12 weeks! Blouses/shirts are great to hide it.

Yep think it was the same last time too, definitely eased after a few weeks. Still hard to hide on a small frame! Must hit penny's for shirts and cardigans!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 missy_t

Very few symptoms here. My boobs are sort of tender and I get cramps on and off but that's about it. I sometimes feel queasy but not sure if I'm imagining it!!

Zero symptoms here too. Has anyone decided on hospitals, care etc??

jakeypooh wrote: »
    Zero symptoms here too. Has anyone decided on hospitals, care etc??

Went public in Holles St through the community midwives clinic in Bray last time and I’ll do the same again. Had no complaints, was glad of the early release scheme and the visits from the midwives at home afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Can I join you? Due 3rd July with No.5.
    Had a few miscarriages since the youngest so feeling very anxious. Scan booked for the 18th to reassure myself but already feeling nauseous and moody!

Where did u book your scan kalami

• Registered Users Posts: 18 climber123

Hi I'm due on the 13th with no.2, I have a 2 and a half year old. I'm finding the bloating hard too, I feel like its so obvious to everyone! I had forgot that it calms down, I think I will be buying blouses and cardigans as well. I had a lot of spotting in the first twelve weeks last time so had to have a few scans which was worrying but thank god everything was ok. Hoping the next 8 weeks will be straightforward. Looking forward to getting to the GP next week to get it confirmed

Hey cakerbaker, applied for the domino scheme on holles street. Was public last time, no complaints other than 4 nights on a public ward! The thing putting me off about the domino scheme is that there is only one scan at 20 weeks. I was scanned every visit on the public scheme. Were you scanned much with the midwives ?

quote="Cakerbaker;105150577"]Went public in Holles St through the community midwives clinic in Bray last time and I’ll do the same again. Had no complaints, was glad of the early release scheme and the visits from the midwives at home afterwards.[/quote]

• Advertisement

Hey cakerbaker, applied for the domino scheme on holles street. Was public last time, no complaints other than 4 nights on a public ward! The thing putting me off about the domino scheme is that there is only one scan at 20 weeks. I was scanned every visit on the public scheme. Were you scanned much with the midwives ?

No, only had the one scan at 20 weeks. They just had a Doppler in the clinic so they used that at every visit. From talking to friends who did Domino in bray, the prenatal side of things seems very similar to the community midwives. They use the same rooms in the health Centre, the appointments are just at different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

jakeypooh wrote: »
    Where did u book your scan kalami

The ultrasound suite in Bray they are in Grafton street also. I've found them brilliant for scans on all the tots.

Kaylami wrote: »
    The ultrasound suite in Bray they are in Grafton street also. I've found them brilliant for scans on all the tots.

I didn’t realize they were in Bray. Must look them up for mine. I went to Merrion Fetal Health by Holles St last time so was just thinking I’d go there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Due 4th July with my first!!! Found out last weekend...😊 Super nervous but happy too... It wasn't planned, but it also wasn't actively prevented! Been reading so much on the internet this past week about what I should be doing and what I shouldn't be doing... Would anybody have some advice for me as I am completely headless atm🙈?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 OriginalChunk

Due July 4th with my first baby! Kinda freaked out about it as it wasn't planned, but we are both pretty happy at the same time! Wasnt expecting the bloated to be so real this early on, and my boobs are so heavy it's absolutely no fun!! I know it's still so early but so much is running through my head.. I'm a teacher, but don't have permanency or a CID so I don't know what entitlements I have with regards mat leave!? I only found out I'm pregnant last Sunday but haven't booked an apt yet with GP... Would ye recommend public or private? Sorry I'm so headless with regards all of this... I've been googling and googling but that is getting super exhausting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Due July 4th with my first baby! Kinda freaked out about it as it wasn't planned, but we are both pretty happy at the same time! Wasnt expecting the bloated to be so real this early on, and my boobs are so heavy it's absolutely no fun!! I know it's still so early but so much is running through my head.. I'm a teacher, but don't have permanency or a CID so I don't know what entitlements I have with regards mat leave!? I only found out I'm pregnant last Sunday but haven't booked an apt yet with GP... Would ye recommend public or private? Sorry I'm so headless with regards all of this... I've been googling and googling but that is getting super exhausting!!!

Don’t apologise, every first time Parent is completely lost with all of this, we all just wing it haha.
    So congrats!
    I can’t comment on Private care as I went public with my first child but I have to say i found the public care fantastic, couldn’t fault it.
    I only found out last Monday and I booked an appointment for this Tuesday with my Gp. I actually wasn’t going to do it for another week or so but I’m hoping by going in a bit earlier that I may get my scan and booking appointment just before Christmas. I could be completely deluded about that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hi originalchunk, Congratulations! I too am due on July4th! I have the exact same symtoms as you at the moment, boobs very sore and stomach so bloated that i can't even close my jeans!!! I also have a lot of wind and lower back pain. With regard to Mat Benefit, you should be entitled to the state payment of €235 weekly depending on your PRSI contributions. Best of luck :)

Congrats originalchunk! Exciting times. I'm a teacher too, your union will give you great advice as regards your entitlements. I went public last time in holles street. Found it fine overall, had a morning clinic. Was usually in and out in 90 minutes and got a small scan on every visit. Had 4 nights on a public ward which was pretty awful sleep wise but good great help from some midwives with breastfeeding.
    Your doc will get your form signed for combined care so you can go half your visits with your own GP which is very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

The tiredness ladies!! I can not
    Physically keep my eyes open during the day but then waking up all the time at night 😩

• Advertisement

Gee_G wrote: »
    The tiredness ladies!! I can not
    Physically keep my eyes open during the day but then waking up all the time at night 😩

I hear you! Woke at 4.15 am. Checked my phone at 5 am. Think I dozed a bit but I heard the heating click on at 5.45 and was still awake when my alarm went off at 6.25. The first trimester is not fun!

Advertisement