Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

dreamstar wrote: »
    Actually, this reminds me of when my waters broke and they asked me for a urine sample. Now that's a challenge.
    A urine sample is hard to do with the big bump but she kept coming back to me saying there was too much 'waters' in my sample. I was just trying to catch whatever was coming out. Haha!

My waters broke when I was on the loo so I didn’t even realize at the start! Then it slowly occurred to me that i was “peeing” for an awful long time and there was an awful lot of liquid coming out! Took a while to twig what it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    My waters broke when I was on the loo so I didn’t even realize at the start! Then it slowly occurred to me that i was “peeing” for an awful long time and there was an awful lot of liquid coming out! Took a while to twig what it was!

Isn't it the weirdest thing??? I was in bed. Turned over and felt a pop. Ran to the bathroom and just sat on the loo. Hubby came in and I was like - 'I'm not sure if I'm peeing myself or not'. :D:D
    His face was priceless.

Did your contractions start soon after that Cakerbaker? My waters went at 5am but pains didn't start until around 1pm and only getting bad around 11pm. And it was still another 12 hours of bad pains before I got to the delivery room for pain relief. Hoping the second will be a bit quicker.

Isn't it the weirdest thing??? I was in bed. Turned over and felt a pop. Ran to the bathroom and just sat on the loo. Hubby came in and I was like - 'I'm not sure if I'm peeing myself or not'. :D:D
    His face was priceless.

Did your contractions start soon after that Cakerbaker? My waters went at 5am but pains didn't start until around 1pm and only getting bad around 11pm. And it was still another 12 hours of bad pains before I got to the delivery room for pain relief. Hoping the second will be a bit quicker.

I never went into Labour! Ended up getting an oxytocin induction 2.5 days later!

I never went into Labour! Ended up getting an oxytocin induction 2.5 days later!

Oh really? And how did you find that?

Oh really? And how did you find that?

Tough. You go from zero to full blown contractions straight away. I stuck it out for a few hours (cos I had all these ideas of how I wanted it as natural as possible and I had done pregnancy yoga and had my exercises and my ball etc!!!) but then got an epidural! It was a long day and there was a lot of monitoring but it wasn’t too bad.

• Advertisement

Tough. You go from zero to full blown contractions straight away. I stuck it out for a few hours (cos I had all these ideas of how I wanted it as natural as possible and I had done pregnancy yoga and had my exercises and my ball etc!!!) but then got an epidural! It was a long day and there was a lot of monitoring but it wasn’t too bad.

:D I was the same. Yoga and gentlebirth. Was going to go all natural. BUT I just hadn't prepared myself for the tiredness. It went on so long I missed two nights sleep. What I should have done was rest during the early 'easy' pains and be ready for the 'harder' pains. But I was so hyped that I didn't rest enough and just couldn't manage it. BUT the epidural was AMAZING! :D

:D I was the same. Yoga and gentlebirth. Was going to go all natural. BUT I just hadn't prepared myself for the tiredness. It went on so long I missed two nights sleep. What I should have done was rest during the early 'easy' pains and be ready for the 'harder' pains. But I was so hyped that I didn't rest enough and just couldn't manage it. BUT the epidural was AMAZING! :D

I’m considering going for the domino scheme this time but the thing that’s putting me off is the fact they don’t like giving epidurals!

Had one of my combined care appointments with my gp this morning. Got to hear the heartbeat!

Hmmm but once you're in labour you're in the hospital so I couldn't see that having an effect on whether you get an epidural. Plus if you want one they have to give you it don't they?
    To be honest I haven't looked into the Domino thing much but I thought it was just the care for check up appointments.

Hearing the heartbeat is the best thing EVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 climber123

Hi, I have been following the thread since the start but had a scare in the first trimester and was nervous about posting after that. I'm 17 weeks now. For those with toddlers, when did you/ when are you planning to tell them? My little one is 2 years, 9 months

I heard the heartbeat this week too. It was really special and exciting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

climber123 wrote:
    Hi, I have been following the thread since the start but had a scare in the first trimester and was nervous about posting after that. I'm 17 weeks now. For those with toddlers, when did you/ when are you planning to tell them? My little one is 2 years, 9 months

Just jumping in from April thread, we told our girl at around 21wks, we had our anomaly scan at that point and my bump was very evident. She will be 3 in March, she took it very well and is excited now, we explained baby needs to stay in mammys tummy until it grows big enough, and will be here in spring. we aren't getting the questions of when is baby coming or anything like that which was making me hold off telling her. I thought it would be too long/far away for her to understand but she seems to have just accepted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Hmmm but once you're in labour you're in the hospital so I couldn't see that having an effect on whether you get an epidural. Plus if you want one they have to give you it don't they?
    To be honest I haven't looked into the Domino thing much but I thought it was just the care for check up appointments.

You go home a lot earlier on the Domino scheme which wouldn’t be possible if you’ve had an epidural.

Domino is one particular group of midwives, they have their own delivery ward in Holles st so it’s the same midwives you meet at your appointments that would be in the labour wars with you. Apparently they try to have some kind of continuity so if a midwife you’ve dealt with on your appointments is on duty when you’re in Labour, they’ll schedule her to be with you.

Apparently they don’t refuse epidurals but thethey don’t encourage it either. As it was put to me by someone, if you think you’re going to walk into the hospital and ask for the epidural then domino isn’t for you! They do the early release visits too.

climber123 wrote: »

Welcome! I’ve a 23 month old and have asked him the odd time if he wants a baba. His resounding answer is no! I got a book recently about a new baby coming so must start reading that to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Hi ladies,

We have our gender scan tomorrow I'm super excited! 17 &5 here and feeling good.

My 2 year old told me today there is a baby in my belly but we haven't told the older girls yet.

Hope your all well x

Ainy, that sounded like a good time to tell, I think I might hold off for another few weeks. My bump isn't very big so it will be easier to explain when I'm a bit bigger. That was a really good way of explaining it as well. I can't wait to see her reaction.

Cakerbaker, I got a book called there's a house in my mummy's tummy which is supposed to be good.

Its hard to know when to tell. That's exciting about the gender scan tomorrow Kaylami I have to wait for another four weeks and I'm getting impatient to know!

So after 4 girls it looks like we are having a wee boy! We're over the moon but completely shocked.

Kaylami wrote: »
    So after 4 girls it looks like we are having a wee boy! We're over the moon but completely shocked.

Congrats! Good excuse to buy loads of new baby things!!! We’re not going to find out! Half think I’m mad but we didn’t last time either!

Kaylami wrote: »
    Awwww fantastic news congrats!
    We're not finding out either cakerbaker. I need the surprise at the end!

I found out from a practical point of view. Do I keep all the girls clothes or do I pass them on etc.

Still can't get my head around it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

That's so lovely kaylami congrats!!! Your girls will be chuffed! Would like to find out this time but husband doesn't want to so will probably wait.....

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

Is anyone else here have a hard time sleeping? I'm exhausted but keep waking up every hour to turn over. Muscles and spine feel incredibly achey. Woke up at 3am and couldn't get back asleep - I ended up googling 'pregnancy pillows' and 'next day delivery' it was clear I wasn't getting back asleep. Almost certain I'll order a Dream Geni pillow, just need a cuppa tea to clear my head.

Only 18wks this week, it seems way too early to be this uncomfortable.

I’m with you on the lack of sleep though having a kicking punching sick toddler in the bed last night didn’t help either!

I’ve the dream geni since my last pregnancy, got it cos of the rave reviews, and to be honest I wasn’t a fan. I found the small pillow to my back and the long one to my front really restrictive, I couldn’t move in my sleep so would end up waking to move. I ended up just ignoring the back pillow part and using the long piece on its own. Which did kinda feel like a waste of money seeing as the single long ones can be gotten quite cheaply!

Nottotallysure I do sometimes have a hard time sleeping coz my back gets sore. I'm only 15 weeks and still sometimes get it. On my last pregnancy what really helped me was getting a walk in every day. It really helped my back. I also use my pregnancy pillow all the time. Even used it when I wasn't pregnant! I got mine cheap in Lidl . Keep an eye out for their specials.

Cakerbaker, that sounds like an awful night's sleep. Hope your toddler is better soon (for both your sakes!).

Dreamstar, I get back pain fairly often so I'm used to sleeping with a pillow between my knees to try keep it t bay.

Just ordered a Dream Geni online as I really just need it now! Hopefully it suits me as it is expensive like u both say. Couldn't see any upcoming offers just yet for Lidl but I'll keep an eye out in case this one doesn't do the trick

Let us know how you get on with the dream geni. I actually hadn't heard of it before. Yeah the Lidl deals are great but they don't come up much. :-(

Oooh just googled it. Dream genie looks amazing! Hope it works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 smr85

I got the Dream Genie a week ago in Argos. I am 14 weeks tomorrow but all the girls in work advised to get the pillow early to get used to it before I became too uncomfortable and really needed it. So have been training myself to use it and have to say I have been sleeping a bit better since I started using it.

Anyone else struggling with morning sickness? Haven't kept anything down since Saturday :( My diet has been really bland, crackers and cereal mainly but they aren't even staying down now.

Smr85, sorry to hear you can't keep food down. That's rough at 14wks. Not much advice for you except pehaps just to try grazing on tiny portions and hope it won't unsettle you.

In better news, I went to my GP for my check-up and I got to hear both the heartbeats on the Doppler. Lovely to hear them, though they sound like they're racing around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Hi All,

Interrupted nights sleep here too, and funnily I feel like I'm never in a deep sleep these days, I always feel like I'm only dozing and could be fully awake momentarily if that makes sense!!
    I'm almost 18 weeks and feeling very uncomfortable already. This is my second and I do think I'm feeling the odd bit of movement but then nothing... is everybody feeling movement now?
    I'm not sick as such but EVERYTHING I eat makes me feel unwell, like it's repeating on me.
    That must be very tough not being able to keep anything down x

Advertisement