Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

dreamstar wrote: »
    Thanks so much for this! The Out n About seems to be the most recommended. And it' not too expensive. Did you get the carrycot part for the baby or did you even need it?
    My friend actually has one so she's going to bring it up and I'll see how it fits in my front door and in the boot.:D

We didn't bother with the carrycot. If this lad is anything like his brother he would outgrow it by around 3-4 months maximum and it just doesn't seem worthwhile for what it costs. We have the newborn support though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

We didn't bother with the carrycot. If this lad is anything like his brother he would outgrow it by around 3-4 months maximum and it just doesn't seem worthwhile for what it costs. We have the newborn support though.

Oh great so it;s obviously ok from birth so. That's brilliant. I want to avoid buying anything I don't really need. It's the storing it all afterwards even that's a pain!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Ditto dreamstar, we have the Vista and have got the infant insert for both ours.The pram is barely used.Our first had reflux and the pram just didn't work for her, so got it for her-and then the second came and I just didn't have space in the car to be carting round a pram basket, buggy frame and toddler seat, so just used the two seats and put the insert in one and laid it flat.Note if you buy in Tony Kealys they will quite strongly recommend you not to do that, no matter what your reasons are.I ordered our insert online in the end, it was about 40eur.Uppababy do a specific one for their buggies, I'm sure there are others available for the out and about though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 smr85

I just checked my letter from the CUMH for the anatomy scan and it states that a full bladder is not needed for the anatomy scan so I assume just drink like normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

smr85 wrote: »
    I just checked my letter from the CUMH for the anatomy scan and it states that a full bladder is not needed for the anatomy scan so I assume just drink like normal.

My letter from Holles St didn't mention it. But when I got to reception the info leaflet they gave me said that a full bladder wasn't needed at the anatony scan stage (unless you are advised otherwise).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

smr85 wrote: »

Just a word of warning I got sent out to drink more water at my repeat anomaly scan at 24 weeks and brought back 30 mins later. It’s easier to empty a full bladder if you don’t need it than it is to fill it at short notice if you do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

The pressure I am feeling for the last two days in unreal!! But also non stop movement for last two days too so that's good 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Gee_G wrote: »
    The pressure I am feeling for the last two days in unreal!! But also non stop movement for last two days too so that's good 😊

Movement has definitely stepped up here in the last few days which is great!!! It’s a lovely feeling.

Need to vent. WHY do people go to work when they are sick? A girl in my office does it all the time. Comes in saying oh I'm grand - just dosed up on medication. Now I have it and can't take anything. Feeling sorry for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

This does my head in also!! Plus as I work in a school have to deal with kids been sent in sick all the time. Sent three home in last few weeks with flu and one with very obvious impetigo. My hands are peeling from constant handwashing!!

• Advertisement

deleted rant

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Toyotababy98

Meeting my consultant in the hospital tomorrow. Probably not a big deal but I'm very excited..

Anyone else wake up 21 + 4 the size of a small house!! Definitely wasn't this big last time!

New look in jervis have a good few maternity bits on sale. I got a jumper dress and 2 tops for €22 today.

Dunnes and penny’s have maternity pjs though I may just make do with the bigger normal ones I bought last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Anyone else wake up 21 + 4 the size of a small house!! Definitely wasn't this big last time!

Oh I hear ya!!
    I feel like I'm about 30 weeks Not 20.
    Does anybody have any advice on where to go for a dress for a summer family wedding? Plus size needed just to make it even more hassle haha

Oh I hear ya!!
    Does anybody have any advice on where to go for a dress for a summer family wedding? Plus size needed just to make it even more hassle haha

Not sure about physical shops but ASOS may be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Toyotababy98

dreamstar wrote: »
    Need to vent. WHY do people go to work when they are sick? A girl in my office does it all the time. Comes in saying oh I'm grand - just dosed up on medication. Now I have it and can't take anything. Feeling sorry for myself.

It's in my house at d moment because my sister caught it from working in a creche. I'm avoiding everyone.

People are just inconsiderate

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Oh I hear ya!!

I'm in the same boat. It'll probably have to be online. Asos don't have a plus size maternity range. Try simplybe.ie and yoursclothing.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hi All, I'm currently 21 weeks... Had my big scan last week and midwife told me that the placenta is to the front and that's why I'm not feeling much movement as its like a cushion between baby and my belly. Anyone else in the same boat? Or anyone who has yet to feel movement at this stage? Thanks.

I think I only started to feel a little movement last week, after the anatomy scan . Think it woke the babies up a little perhaps :-)

But not a lot of movement, or if it is I don't recognize what it is! I don't think mine have a lot of room to move, approx 1lb each in weight.

• Advertisement

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi All, I'm currently 21 weeks... Had my big scan last week and midwife told me that the placenta is to the front and that's why I'm not feeling much movement as its like a cushion between baby and my belly. Anyone else in the same boat? Or anyone who has yet to feel movement at this stage? Thanks.

Same. I'll be 20 weeks on Tuesday and not feeling anything.

Didn't feel much movement with my son until after 20 week mark and took few weeks to feel it regularly.
    Feeling daily movement with this one since 16 weeks or so and it's getting very strong now!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

I'm 20+5 and i haven't felt any movements yet either. Had my anamoly scan this morning and all is well thankfully. My placenta is actually lying low? But consultant said it's early yet for me to be feeling movement as this is my first, she said it may take a few more weeks. This helped me relax.

Guys don't worry about not feeling anything. It was late enough when I felt it on my first. Can feel it now at 18 weeks but only coz I know what it is. It's so subtle that I probably wouldn't have noticed first time. Still have 2 whole weeks till the big scan. Can't wait. Only start to relax after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Dreamstar is right. I didn’t feel anything until 22/23 weeks. Plus position of the baby and the placenta can mask movements as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Thanks for the reassurance guys!! Feeling the odd flutter here and there today....or it could be just wind. Who knows :-D

Boop22 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reassurance guys!! Feeling the odd flutter here and there today....or it could be just wind. Who knows :-D
    Some day soon you'll notice a few definite flutters in a row. And you'll know for sure. Best. Feeling. EVER!

Anyone else here have rhesus negative blood?

Was back in the Coombe last night with slight, slight bleeding. Third time now. Have to get an injection of Anti-D every time. They had none last night so I've to go in again this morning to get it.

On the plus side I'm getting regular exams and scans. Saw baby again last night. Kicking and wriggling. All is well. I'm just unfortunately one of those women who gets a little bleeding.

Just to remind ye if you get a little bleeding do not panic, it doesn't mean it's all over, just don't panic and go straight to the hospital for advice. My baby so far is perfect.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I don't but I know someone who has.Same boat as you, two healthy pregnancies.You sounds like you're doing the right thing anyway, so hope it keeps going well!

• Advertisement

I'm rhesus neg too mystery egg. Had two shots before son was both and one after as be was positive and we mixed blood. Nothing to worry about, everything is prevention. Good to hear all going well with you and your getting good scans and lots of peeks at the little one!

Anyone else here have rhesus negative blood?

Was back in the Coombe last night with slight, slight bleeding. Third time now. Have to get an injection of Anti-D every time. They had none last night so I've to go in again this morning to get it.

On the plus side I'm getting regular exams and scans. Saw baby again last night. Kicking and wriggling. All is well. I'm just unfortunately one of those women who gets a little bleeding.

Just to remind ye if you get a little bleeding do not panic, it doesn't mean it's all over, just don't panic and go straight to the hospital for advice. My baby so far is perfect.

Advertisement