Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    I hear you! Woke at 4.15 am. Checked my phone at 5 am. Think I dozed a bit but I heard the heating click on at 5.45 and was still awake when my alarm went off at 6.25. The first trimester is not fun!

Same here. Waking at 4.30 every night and awake for a couple of hours!! Hoping it passes soon. Like a zombie going into work :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Yeah it’s funny, it’s not just like waking up and turning over during the night, when I wake up too I am wide awake!! I love my sleep way too much for this haha.

How’s everybody with nausea/sickness? I’m not feeling it yet as such, getting little waves of nausea but nothing bad yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Gee_G wrote: »
    Yeah it’s funny, it’s not just like waking up and turning over during the night, when I wake up too I am wide awake!! I love my sleep way too much for this haha.

How’s everybody with nausea/sickness? I’m not feeling it yet as such, getting little waves of nausea but nothing bad yet

Im the same, it’s not constant but am just getting little bouts of it here and there. Usually when there’s something strong smelling nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 missy_t

I seem to be getting bouts of nausea here and there too.I was gagging on my vitamins this morning! Luckily I don't seem to be too tired yet and I'm getting a normal nights sleep. Got my doctors appointment for next Monday so I'm excited for that. Need to book in for an early scan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gogsjogs

I think we all must have been awake at 4.30 this morning ladies! Mad isn’t it?
    Oh lads I’m floored with the nausea here, can’t face food or fluids at all. Everything makes me feel sick. Forcing myself to eat small amounts of bread. Can’t even open the fridge without gagging! First trimester fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Insomnia has passed here thank God! Nausea just a general queasy feeling that's worse when hungry. The old gagging while brushing my teeth is back with a vengeance though!

Had my Drs appointment this morning. She’s sending a letter off to Holles St to book me in. And I signed up for combined care. Have a private scan booked for 8 weeks! Just a case of waiting now which i hate!!!

Got an appointment in public clinic for 18th dec in nmh despite doc sending my referral letter to community midwives. Bit confused! Good to get an appointment before Christmas though and think I'll have to get a scan in before then too!

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Got an appointment in public clinic for 18th dec in nmh despite doc sending my referral letter to community midwives. Bit confused! Good to get an appointment before Christmas though and think I'll have to get a scan in before then too!

My doc told me this morning that it seems to have changed, 1st appointment is in NMH and then the file is sent out to the community midwives. All
    My appointments bar the 20 week scan were with the community midwives last time.

Ah I see thanks. Well on the plus side should get a mini scan at the booking appointment then!

• Advertisement

Ah I see thanks. Well on the plus side should get a mini scan at the booking appointment then!

I’ll be 12 weeks on Christmas Day so will be curious to see when my appointment will be.

Is anybody here attending the Rotunda? If so, have they received an appointment yet? On another note I cannot believe how bloated my stomach is...I'm only 6 weeks today. Is this normal?

Look around 4 months gone here with bloating!

Look around 4 months gone here with bloating!

Good to know I'm not the only one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JG86

Hi ladies
    All new to me. First baby. Only found out yesterday and confirmed by doc thismorning. Very excited!! Due July 10th and wedding booked for August 25th so may need to change that 🙈😂 5 weeks and heartburn is constant. No sickness yet though thank God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Still haven't got my booking app yet. 6 weeks yesterday. The bloat is very real. I look 6 months gone.

No nausea which is a first for me had it bad on the 4 girls. Craving watermelon and water. Lots of water. So tired. I'm literally coming home from work doing bedtime with the girls and going to bed myself!

JG86 wrote: »
    Hi ladies
    All new to me. First baby. Only found out yesterday and confirmed by doc thismorning. Very excited!! Due July 10th and wedding booked for August 25th so may need to change that 🙈😂 5 weeks and heartburn is constant. No sickness yet though thank God.

The good news in Dr can prescribe tablets for heartburn if it gets really bad!Live saver I no longer need to buy shares in rennies.

Kaylami wrote: »
    The good news in Dr can prescribe tablets for heartburn if it gets really bad!Live saver I no longer need to buy shares in rennies.

Sounds good. If the gaviscon doesn't cut it il mention it next time I'm in. How long does it usually take for hospital appointment to come? I'll be 12 weeks st Stephens day so I'm guessing my appointment will be in January

I used to have a bottle of Gaviscon on my desk, another one at home and the tablets in my bag! The tablets were awful!

I used to have a bottle of Gaviscon on my desk, another one at home and the tablets in my bag! The tablets were awful!

I've have it stashed in bag, car and bedroom so I'm always prepared! Doesn't help that I'm craving orange juice last 2 days.

• Advertisement

I’m starving all the time. Woke up at 4am last night and realised my stomach was rumbling. Was hungry 10 mins after eating my breakfast. Am trying to eat for the sake of it but it’s hard!

The otc heartburn tablets are terrible bit the prescription ones are fine. No taste.

I’m starving all the time. Woke up at 4am last night and realised my stomach was rumbling. Was hungry 10 mins after eating my breakfast. Am trying to eat for the sake of it but it’s hard!

Me too. Woke at 3am and was awake until about 6 with a rumbling tummy. Couldn't go down for food coz we have 4 dogs and I didn't want to disturb them lol god help them when there's a crying baby in the mix. 😊 bringing snacks to bed tonight.

Got my App today for 22nd December in Rotunda. So glad to be seen before Christmas so all going well can start sharing the news over the Christmas :)

Hello nausea my old friend. 6 & 5 today and it's hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm in work trying not to puke and failing miserably.

And the exhaustion. In bed by 9pm every night. I forgot how much I dislike the first trimester. You think with 4 kids already I would remember but no. Hits me fresh everytime.

Hello nausea my old friend. 6 & 5 today and it's hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm in work trying not to puke and failing miserably.

And the exhaustion. In bed by 9pm every night. I forgot how much I dislike the first trimester. You think with 4 kids already I would remember but no. Hits me fresh everytime.

You have my sympathy! I’m getting the odd bout of queasiness. Each time I wonder, is this the start of the constant nausea.

Cakerbaker I honestly thought I had escaped this time. Normally it starts the day I kiss my period.

Hopefully it doesn't get any worse. It's so hard pretending everything is fine at work when I just want to stick my head in the bin.

Aww Poor you, hard enough getting through a days work without that!!
    Yeah the tiredness is unreal, I can not keep my eyes open during the day!

I'd just like to sleep until 14 weeks or so when I feel human again 😂

• Advertisement

Ladies what’s the story with getting hair coloured/highlights?

Advertisement