Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Hey all. I've had a bit of a rocky journey but I've been reading along with you all. I've been slow to post because when you're going through a difficult pregnancy I know it can feed other mums' anxiety. But anyway. I have good news today so I'm feeling I can update ye!

I've been in hospital a minimum of once a week and sometimes more often, with bleeding. It seems to be coming from the placenta. And every time I bleed I need an anti-D treatment. I even had an episode of very low blood pressure last week and being put on IV fluids. It's been psychologically very tough. Then when I had my anatomy scan at 21 weeks the baby measured small and an appointment was made with the ultrasound consultant for today.

Which - went great! We were expecting some grim news but the baby is now measuring in the completely normal range (24 weeks, 1lb 9oz) and everything is in its right place. Heart and brain looking good. Placenta is healthy and doing its job right.

We're getting there! :pac:

Can I pop in from October to ask a quick question? I’m RH- too and had anti D on my first for bumps and bleeds in later pregnancy, I think the first was after 20 weeks. Every one involved an over night in the Coombe. I’m hitting 12 weeks on Monday and if I’m still spotting the midwife says I need to come in. Just trying to plan next week if it involves an overnight or just a few hours waiting for the shot?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Can I pop in from October to ask a quick question? I’m RH- too and had anti D on my first for bumps and bleeds in later pregnancy, I think the first was after 20 weeks. Every one involved an over night in the Coombe. I’m hitting 12 weeks on Monday and if I’m still spotting the midwife says I need to come in. Just trying to plan next week if it involves an overnight or just a few hours waiting for the shot?

I don't know if they've changed policy, but I've never had to stay overnight. However when I receive Anti-D depends on when I present to the emergency department. If I come in the morning, I'll receive from the lab in the afternoon. However if I come in the evening, I have to return the following morning. Best of luck x

I don't know if they've changed policy, but I've never had to stay overnight. However when I receive Anti-D depends on when I present to the emergency department. If I come in the morning, I'll receive from the lab in the afternoon. However if I come in the evening, I have to return the following morning. Best of luck x

Thats great thanks so much. I'll do morning so because I'm travelling Monday evening and hopefully will get out in time!! Hope all goes well for you x

Well... I spoke too soon!

Greetings from the Coombe where I've been admitted for a few days! Following last night's little bleed they decided now I'm past 24 weeks to keep me in for observation for a while. They're also giving me some steroid shots to help the baby develop his lungs, in case of an early labour (of which there is no sign right now). Baby is kicking away and heart beat is good.

If I could just drown out the sound of Britain's Got Talent or The Voice or whatever terrible TV show is blaring, I'd be happy out. :)

Well... I spoke too soon!

Greetings from the Coombe where I've been admitted for a few days! Following last night's little bleed they decided now I'm past 24 weeks to keep me in for observation for a while. They're also giving me some steroid shots to help the baby develop his lungs, in case of an early labour (of which there is no sign right now). Baby is kicking away and heart beat is good.

If I could just drown out the sound of Britain's Got Talent or The Voice or whatever terrible TV show is blaring, I'd be happy out. :)

Ah I'm sorry, I totally jinxed you!! Thats what used to happen me too last time, minor bleeds but overnights to check everything. Mind yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

Best of luck mystery egg, nerve wrecking time for you but your in the best place. It's amazing what they can do nowadays, getting your baby ready in case of Labour, I read a baby in the June thread was delivered really early too and is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Oh I'm so sorry. You're in great hands and will be well looked after but it's not nice being in there. Best of luck and keep us updated. Xx

They're taking great care of us. :)

I've to get more Anti-D and steroids today, then if the bleeding stays away as it has done since Friday night I can go home tomorrow.

Trying to just enjoy the quiet and not having to cook!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Hey mystery egg, sympathise with the anti-ds, not the most pleasant injection. Hope your keeping well and get home soon. Hope you have some earplugs so you can get some rest !

I did not get to go home. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

I did not get to go home. :(

Crap, hope you are feeling okay... are they still afraid you will go into early labour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Sorry to hear that mystery egg, how are you doing ?

Physically both me and baby are grand! I'm just tired as it's impossible to sleep here. And disappointed. I'll see the consultant tomorrow and they'll decide what to do. I'm grand, just missing my husband and my bed. :)

Mondo123 wrote: »
    Crap, hope you are feeling okay... are they still afraid you will go into early labour

Sorry, I missed this question.

Early labour is a possibility for any woman who bleeds so although there are no signs of early labour it's on the cards. I've been referred to the anaesthetist early to get that covered in advance.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Did they keep you in because it's a long weekend?That does happen, they sometimes just don't have the staff at the right level to do discharges on weekends etc...

shesty wrote: »
    Did they keep you in because it's a long weekend?That does happen, they sometimes just don't have the staff at the right level to do discharges on weekends etc...

I definitely think it was a factor.

Consultant team happy for me to go after I've seen the haemotologist today, but who knows when that will happen!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I discovered exactly how that "system" works after I had my first and we had to stay in for a few days.....it is (excuse the pun) literally like trying to get blood from a stone. They all keep saying everything is fine, but getting hold of the person who can actually discharge you is a nightmare!!!Worse with a newborn, because last thing they do is take the security tag off the baby, and you can't go anywhere til that is done!!!
    Best of luck, hope you stay out for a while now !

Home :)

Home :)

Woohoo!!! Hope you're resting up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Heartburn at night time is driving me mad. I’m having to take gaviscon in the middle of the night and it’s not making much of a difference. It’s really starting to affect my sleep. Anyone have any ideas of what might help prevent it? I’m not really getting it during the day, it’s mainly at night.

• Advertisement

Heartburn has increased for me too, but it's not disturbing my sleep. I'm taking Rennie. Would you consider getting a prescription tablet?

Back in Coombe with bleeding but hopeful I won't be admitted as there are no beds! It's mad here today.

Me and baby are seemingly perfect. Except for the pesky unexplained blood.

Mystery egg that must be so annoying and worrying. Great everything is ok though.
    Cakerbaker heartburn is a balls. I do find gaviscon helps. But could it be something you're eating in the evenings? Main culprits are greasy food, onions, tomatoes. Keeping a food diary might help figure out what's causing it.

It's become a major inconvenience and irritation rather than a worry at this point.

Today I've had:

20 minute trace
    Blood pressure and temperature check
    Scan
    Internal exam
    Bloods taken
    Urine tested
    Anti-D treatment

They're just the best. Not a bother on me or baby. Going home to get back on the merry go round. Delighted to sleep in my own bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 smr85

That must be so annoying Mystery Egg, thankfully you and bubs are doing fine though.

23w here, all starting to become pretty real. Had my anatomy scan last week, all looks good, bubs is a bit of a bunter at the moment and was very chilled throughout the whole scan. The ultrasound tech had to keep prodding him to get him to move into a better position, not that he complied! Back at 30w for a growth scan as my fundal height is measuring a bit ahead, I'm surprised such a basic method is taken so seriously! Have my glucose test next week and am really worried about it, I've been checking my glucose levels on my husband's glucometer and all seems ok but you never know on the day as my morning levels can be a bit erratic but 99% of the time under the recommended levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I was suffering with very bad heartburn/extreme fatigue and everything in between too until I recently started reflexology treatments and the reflexologist gives me oils to bring home. She mixed up one with peppermint in it and I dab it on before bed and I am perfect 99% of the time now. I still get it but I use the oil and it's gone most of the time within minutes.
    Would highly recommend reflexology to you all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

27 weeks here now.

I decided to add a few packs of newborn nappies to my Tesco online shop, just to have something bought .

Cue tesco substitution fail:
    Nappies were out of stock, so they sent me a single brown onion as a sub instead

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

oh no Mystery Egg, you are having a tough time of it! Get home and put the feet up!!

Heartburn is killing me too, I think I might try reflexology alight thanks Gee G!

I am almost 27 weeks now, so Totally Popped this week.. I feel so uncomfortable and cant sleep at all! its horrible... fingers crossed it will get better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

27 weeks here now.

I decided to add a few packs of newborn nappies to my Tesco online shop, just to have something bought .

Cue tesco substitution fail:
    Nappies were out of stock, so they sent me a single brown onion as a sub instead

I laughed so much at that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

Gee_G wrote: »
    I laughed so much at that!!!

I laughed so hard my bump ached.

I even asked the delivery guy to read the receipt for me in case I had lost my mind.

It's been a long cra.ppy few weeks so Tesco must've known I needed the laugh :pac:

Edit: I ended up sending Tesco Ireland an email thanking them for the best laugh I'd had all week, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Lord Mystery Egg, you’ve really been put through the mill though at least alls good so far. Must be so annoying not knowing the cause of the bleeding.

Thanks for all the heartburn tips. Must start the food diary and might look into the reflexology. Sounds like it’d be nice anyway!

I really must start buying a few bits too. Picked up a pack of vests last week but that’s it so far!

Advertisement