Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Baby event in aldi starting tomorrow! Have a fab rocking chair, cot and changing unit if you need any of those cakerbaker. What rinse did your doc recommend? Nose too swollen to use one yet but I'll definitely give it a go when swelling and sores go down.
    Had to pay 30 for whopping cough vaccine too but no side effects this time so happy out.
    Mystery egg thats brilliant your 12 days without a bleed! Long may it continue. Do you still need the routine anti d after getting the other ones? Had my shot last week, the lady in clinic in holles st who gives it is so nice!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

annoyedgal wrote: »
    What rinse did your doc recommend? Nose too swollen to use one yet but I'll definitely give it a go when swelling and sores go down.

Do you still need the routine anti d after getting the other ones? Had my shot last week, the lady in clinic in holles st who gives it is so nice!

Neilmed sinus rinse, pic attached.

Yes, I have to get the routine doses as well. My baby's DNA was tested last week and it's confirmed he's rhesus positive, so I have to receive it for every bleed as well the routine doses.

Thanks so much, I'll pick one up. Sods law baby is positive! My boy is rhesus positive and bet this one will be too! It's great they are so on top of it with the injections and all preventative. Just an inconvenience really!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 smr85

Glad to hear you haven't had a bleed in 12 days Mystery Egg. That's great news.

25 weeks here, signed off work for the rest of the week with a tummy bug. Got a quick scan in the CUMH yesterday to make sure he was ok as my symptoms were likened to pre-term labour but there he was happy out kicking and punching away. Passed my GTT test with flying colours so really happy about that as I get to stay on the Domino scheme. Growth scan in 5 weeks then the countdown begins!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

Hi all. 26 weeks tomorrow and just back from my GTT. Was off 3 days last week with the cold. I should have taken the whole week off but stupidly went back to work and died all weekend. Feeling a lot better now. I feel time has nearly slowed down a little for me. Starting to feel the going a bit tough with toddler at home but still managing fine. Bumping along nicely :)

• Advertisement

mano79 wrote: »
    Hi all. 26 weeks tomorrow and just back from my GTT.
    How did you find it? Once I came down off the sugar high I crashed out, was exhausted!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

smr85 wrote: »
    How did you find it? Once I came down off the sugar high I crashed out, was exhausted!

I was feeling a big sick towards the end of it but I’m starving now so off to get a good lunch.

Will be praying the phone doesn’t ring tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Hard to believe we're all getting so close to 30 weeks. Hope all you sick ladies start to feel better really soon. Mystery Egg - delighted the bleeding has stopped for you. Must be such a relief.
    I'm 26 weeks and feeling good thank god. I'm just exhausted running around after out 1 year old with my growing belly but that's not going to get any easier.
    Definitely going to head to the Aldo baby event tomorrow. Looks like they have some nice bits actually. I really like the cot they have- it has the drawers underneath and is a cot bed. We got loads of the Aldi baby gros for our first and they washed really well and are just great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I’m going to get the muslins in ALDI tomorrow. Had a selection from different places last time and I always searched for the ALDI ones in the bag as they were the softest.

Other than that I really just need to get things like lanolin,nappies, maternity pads etc. I’ve everything from last time. Need a second monitor so might pick one up if I see it but we didn’t use that for months last time as baby just slept downstairs in the crib and we took him up with us when going to bed. Same with bottles, while I plan on pumping for the odd bottle that’ll be down the line so there’s no rush with them either.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Cakerbaker you might find you rethink that sleeping arrangement fairly quickly....no.2 doesn't get the same peace and quiet downstairs that no.1 did, when there's a noisy older sibling crashing around!Just in case you see the monitor!No.2 started napping upstairs fairly early on in our house, poor child hadn't a hope of getting any sleep otherwise.

• Advertisement

shesty wrote: »
    Cakerbaker you might find you rethink that sleeping arrangement fairly quickly....no.2 doesn't get the same peace and quiet downstairs that no.1 did, when there's a noisy older sibling crashing around!Just in case you see the monitor!No.2 started napping upstairs fairly early on in our house, poor child hadn't a hope of getting any sleep otherwise.

I hadn’t thought of it that way. I was just thinking of night time when no1 will be in bed but hadn’t thought of daytime when he’ll be running around!

Cakerbaker I know what you mean though. On your first you think you need to get everything and be prepared. I didn't even use a lot of the stuff I thought I needed. I bough a whole feeding set from Tommee Tippee - bottles / bottle warmer / steriliser the lot. I have never even used them. We breastfed for about 8 months and then little guy wouldn't take the tommee tippee bottles. The only ones he's take were the MAM ones. These ones you steralise in the microwave so no need for a separate steriliser.
    So this time I'm just getting what I need. Double buggy and a cot. (again the cot won't even be needed for a while).
    I hadn't thought of a second monitor but even if baby is napping upstairs during the day you will have your original monitor anyway. Plus our upstairs is not that big. I could plug it in in the middle and hear both. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

29wks today so I went for a haircut. My hair's been in a state and a cut is about 4 months overdue.

I keep telling myself I have only 6 more weeks to go, as I really don't see this pair staying in past 35wks. The pressure from the weight of them is immense. Together they are 6lbs already (well, they were last week).

See how much they weigh next week, and if they keep growing at their current rate I'll be sent for a GTT. They're on the big end of the weight range all along. I really don't need another appointment to keep - hospital and GP appts will be every week (alternating) from next week until the end.

The Aldi event looks great, I would love that rocking chair. But I've no way to get there and I've heard the big stuff goes early. Good luck to anyone who's going tomorrow!

Are you still working Nottotallysure ? Can't imagine carrying twins, this one is giving me a tough enough time getting around ! You'll prob go early alright so not too long to go! My husband is a twin and was born at 34 weeks, 4 lbs. His twin sis was 4 lbs 6 !

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Are you still working Nottotallysure ? Can't imagine carrying twins, this one is giving me a tough enough time getting around ! You'll prob go early alright so not too long to go! My husband is a twin and was born at 34 weeks, 4 lbs. His twin sis was 4 lbs 6 !

I was told officially last week to not even try go back to work, but I had already been off sick since just before St Patrick's Day (around 25wks). It was nice to finally be told I could stay home, rather than feeling guilty each week. I'll be happy if mine are in the 4lb range but they'll have to come early for that at this rate.

It's all getting very real now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Almost 29 weeks here. Hard to believe, it's flying by.
    I am expanding rapidly the last few weeks (this is no 2) I definitely wasnt near as big as this with my first so I'm finding it a bit tough.
    It's the breathlessness that's getting to me more!!
    For anyone that doesn't know, if you go to Eumom.ie they do a free little bag with samples in it for Mammys/Mammys to be and there is some great nappy sized tubs of sudocream etc. Was great having the tiny sizes if you're ever even bringing your handbag with a few bits for baby x

Gee G I'm the same. I feel so much bigger this time around. I'm only 26 weeks so still have a while to go. I'm kind of wondering how much bigger I can get. Already getting awkward getting in and out of the car!
    Feeling extra tired and sorry for myself today. Was up all night with my one year old. Every so often he has a bad night sleep and just cries. For no reason. Once I go to him he's smiling and laughing. I'm hoping it's just a phase. Anyway I ended up just taking him to the spare room last night just so I could lie down. But I'm feeling a bit wrecked today. Going to head to Aldi on my lunch break to have a look through their baby stuff. Hoping to get the cot and booster seat. That'll cheer me up. Maybe get a chocolate pastry too. Yummy.

dreamstar wrote: »
    Gee G I'm the same. I feel so much bigger this time around. I'm only 26 weeks so still have a while to go. I'm kind of wondering how much bigger I can get. Already getting awkward getting in and out of the car!
    Feeling extra tired and sorry for myself today. Was up all night with my one year old. Every so often he has a bad night sleep and just cries. For no reason. Once I go to him he's smiling and laughing. I'm hoping it's just a phase. Anyway I ended up just taking him to the spare room last night just so I could lie down. But I'm feeling a bit wrecked today. Going to head to Aldi on my lunch break to have a look through their baby stuff. Hoping to get the cot and booster seat. That'll cheer me up. Maybe get a chocolate pastry too. Yummy.
    My son used to have nights like that. I used to put it down to the little stages of separation anxiety that they'd go through. Just a bit of reassurance, checking that Mammy is still there :-)

Yeah I think you're right. Because there is nothing at all wrong with him. It happens the odd night but it's just starting to happen more frequently. Now he did have his injections on Tuesday so there could be something else going on in his system.
    But these nights make me worry how we'll manage two. Eeeek.

Yeah I think you're right. Because there is nothing at all wrong with him. It happens the odd night but it's just starting to happen more frequently. Now he did have his injections on Tuesday so there could be something else going on in his system.
    But these nights make me worry how we'll manage two. Eeeek.

You'll be able to do it blindfolded in a few months! ;-)

• Advertisement

Gee_G wrote: »
    You'll be able to do it blindfolded in a few months! ;-)

Ahh thanks. I know we'll be fine. Just feeling a bit defeated today. :rolleyes:
    One day you feel able to manage it all and the next it all goes to ****. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

had my gestational diabetes test today girls, results back on Monday but hoping it will all be ok! I purposely ate no sugar yesterday ha ha! It was actually fine, I honestly was dreading it from reading some apps! I went off for the two hours, bought some baby clothes, got a manicure, got my eyes tested and new glasses ha!!
    Hope everyone feeling ok! I am nearly in week 29 and am HUGE like really big.. didn't get big til about two weeks ago and seem to be just massive now...

Goldenlady wrote: »
    had my gestational diabetes test today girls, results back on Monday but hoping it will all be ok! I purposely ate no sugar yesterday ha ha! It was actually fine, I honestly was dreading it from reading some apps!

I was so worried when I did mine last week after reading some people's experiences about passing out, vomiting, shakes etc. Other than having a sugar crash a few hours later I thought it wasn't too bad, the nurse had put the Rapilose in the fridge so was quite refreshing to drink.

Goldenlady wrote: »
    I went off for the two hours, bought some baby clothes, got a manicure, got my eyes tested and new glasses ha!!

Wow that's a productive two hours! :)

We had another bad night with our little guy last night. I think it's his back teeth coming up. Hubby just told me to go to bed and to be fair he did manage to settle him eventually and he slept from 12 until 6. But man I'm so glad it's Friday! I'm so exhausted so definitely going to get some R&R this weekend.

My doctor didn’t charge for the whooping cough vaccine! She said not to worry seeing as i got it at a combined care appointment. She said it’d have been different if I came in separately to the nurse to get it done. I sometimes consider changing doctors as that surgery doesn’t open Saturday mornings and some of the others do. Then I go to see her and think, nope, I’m sticking right here!

I don't really understand why we are charged for the whooping cough and not the flu vaccines? I haven't had mine yet but I remember being charged the last time alright. And I have a medical card and it wasn't covered under that either. Very strange.

I don't really understand why we are charged for the whooping cough and not the flu vaccines? I haven't had mine yet but I remember being charged the last time alright. And I have a medical card and it wasn't covered under that either. Very strange.

I wonder was the charge for the actual vaccine or the nurses appointment to get it? My surgery has a €35 charge for the nurse to administer a vaccine. That doesn’t come under the combined care scheme. From what my dr said it seemed like it was free for me because I got it at a free combined care appointment and didn’t need a separate nurse appointment.

My gp wouldn't give it to me at a combined care appointment! Insisted I make an appointment with the nurse, was 30 for admin fee.
    Last time the gp gave it to me and was still charged 30! Stick with your doc cakerbaker!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emmaor18

Hi Everyone,
    First time mum here looking for some advice due 6th July looking at buggies was thinking Quinny Buzz or Uppababy Vista?
    The Uppababy seems to be quiet expensive is it worth paying the extra for that buggy?

• Advertisement

emmaor18 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    First time mum here looking for some advice due 6th July looking at buggies was thinking Quinny Buzz or Uppababy Vista?
    The Uppababy seems to be quiet expensive is it worth paying the extra for that buggy?

I have the uppababy since 2015 and I love it. It’s a bit big and awkward but it’s really comfy for my now toddler. The basket is huge, its handy when shopping as you can fit so much in it. The bassinet was great for naps with a small baby, it’s also certified for overnight sleeping which was handy when visiting my parents. Overall it’s a very sturdy smooth buggy, and despite the size is incredibly easy to move around. The inbuilt sun visors are great too.

I’ve bought adapters so I’ll be using it as a double when this baby arrives. It will be big and bulky but it means I haven’t had to buy a second buggy. My son will be in crèche for 3 days when I’m on maternity leave so I like the idea of bejng able to use it as both a single and double as needed rather than having to get a second buggy so I’d have both a single and double.

I’ve never used the Quinny buzz so can’t comment on that one.

Advertisement