Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Not loving the heat either and don't want to invest in maternity summer dresses at 32 weeks but was wishing to God I had one on earlier ! Not totallysure I feel for you with two to carry! You a trooper!

Maybe check Adverts.ie or similar for secondhand summer maternity dresses? I got one a while ago for a tenner... Figure I'm not going to be suddenly skinny in July after the babies so it'll get some wear anyway !

I went for dinner with friends earlier and ate about 3 glasses of ice (as well as food). Completely overheating despite not even breaking a sweat, and very uncomfortable. I left early as I couldn't stick it - I'm sure the restaurant was relieved as I look the full 9 months already. They kept asking was I going to be okay

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

31.5 weeks here, beginning to get nervous now about birth n how much life is going to change after, I know it will be for the better but still so nervous of it esp the sleepless nights as I always struggle so badly without sleep!
    Feeling good thankfully altho I've already put on 2.5 stone n don't know how i will ever get it off!

Have alot of baby stuff organised an currently trying to clean the house bit by bit!

Not the most active babes which can make me worry I have had to drink the ice cold water n lie on left side last two days just to feel movement but thankfully have got the 10 movements in the hour so fingers crossed all is good. Anybody doing any breastfeeding courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 smr85

Mondo123 wrote: »
    Anybody doing any breastfeeding courses?

I have a one day breastfeeding course with the CUMH in June. Looking forward to it as it's something I'd really like to have a good go at.

27+5 here. Think he's turned this week as position of movements have changed and I need to go to the loo all the time. Doing ok overall, few aches and pains but nothing unbearable. Think attending my weekly prenatal exercise class is helping to keep everything running smoothly. Have a growth scan in 2 weeks as the midwife was concerned about my fundal height measurement the last time I was in (measuring a few weeks ahead). Although my own GP just laughed when I said it to him as he looked at my file, he's not concerned with the results of it as there'a few factors in fundal height. Still makes me worry though that I'm having a bunter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Anyone else relieved to feel the dip in temperatures this morning!! Found last few days tough, was so much easier being pregnant in winter! Off to source some lighter maternity wear today. The skinny jeans just don't cut in above 20 degrees!!

• Advertisement

I'm definitely also relieved at the temperature drop, and the bit of rain too. Unfortunately the Holles clinic is very warm, can't wait to be finished here.

Good luck with the clothes shopping :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I do like the warm weather but only when u can sit in it and not actually try and do anything when it's warm haha.
    Had my first almost sleepless night last night, I had this on my first pregnancy as well but it was a lot easier then because I could just sleep all morning then or have naps during the day. Not so easy now with school runs/afrer school activities/work!!!

That was the first ultrasound that genuinely hurt. Not just uncomfortable pressure, genuine flinching. Sonographer wasn't going hard on me, I think I'm just black & blue inside!

I now have 8lbs worth of babies at 32wks. 5 weeks left to go for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

I am so glad the temperature has cooled. I've been so uncomfortable the last few days and my little guy wasn't sleeping great. Hoping tonight will be better.
    Nottotallysure 8lbs! Hard to believe isn't it? Must be taking it's toll. I'm only 29 weeks with 1 baba and starting to feel it!

That was the first ultrasound that genuinely hurt. Not just uncomfortable pressure, genuine flinching. Sonographer wasn't going hard on me, I think I'm just black & blue inside!

I now have 8lbs worth of babies at 32wks. 5 weeks left to go for me.

Fair play to you NotTotallySure, that's some weight to be carrying around at this stage! I'd imagine you are black and blue is right, lots of continuous kicks & movements would have to take their toll....plus your insides aren't even getting a break as when one moves, I'd imagine the second one moves in! :-)
    I have a gynae app tomorrow. Wondering if baby is still breech!!

• Advertisement

My boy was breech until 37 weeks so don't panic if you are.
    Fair play to you nottotallysure. 8 pounds, they are good sized twins which is great! Your on the home stretch now.
    Was in holles street today too. Pretty disillusioned with the midwives clinic. The queueing system or lack thereof is pretty haphazard. Hard to know where you are in the queue or if you accidently skipping ahead. Kind of sorry I left the consultant clinic to be honest. I was in and out much faster.

Feeling miserable about my size today. Legs and back aching from the extra weight. I look full term due to the 8lbs5oz worth of babies, plus placent & amniotic fluid each. Got told how huge my bump is now. The extra 2st I have is all around my middle.

It's hard to just put your feet up when you have very well-meaning visitors. They even made their own tea :-). But I was aching for a nap.

w.
    Was in holles street today too. Pretty disillusioned with the midwives clinic. The queueing system or lack thereof is pretty haphazard. Hard to know where you are in the queue or if you accidently skipping ahead. Kind of sorry I left the consultant clinic to be honest. I was in and out much faster.
    There's a sign on the far-left of the check-in desk that I only noticed last week - it says due to the new system you can just sit anywhere, as the reception books you in electronically. Think that means they call all the names from the computer, so there's no "Next!" called out any more.

I'm not in the midwives clinic, but the sign seems to apply to everyone in the public waiting room

w.
    There's a sign on the far-left of the check-in desk that I only noticed last week - it says due to the new system you can just sit anywhere, as the reception books you in electronically. Think that means they call all the names from the computer, so there's no "Next!" called out any more.

I'm not in the midwives clinic, but the sign seems to apply to everyone in the public waiting room

Yeah they have changed the whole system in the public clinic. Once you check in a midwife will call your name. When you're done there your name just goes over to the doctors list and they'll call you.
    You keep your chart the whole time coz your files are electronic too. Seems good but you have no idea where you are in the que.

Yep it applies for the public clinic but not the midwives ! In fairness to her she acknowledged the next system isn't working and said she'll try and change it. Works okay when there is a queue system but it's impossible to know who is even going to the midwife clinic and is therefore ahead or behind you...
    Sympathise with the bump comments and although people mean no harm they should just not comment at all!! Honestly who thinks it's okay to call a bump big or huge or pass remarks on how big your getting. Really infuriates me!
    That's not easy at all nottotallysure I hope your finished up work and can scale back on visitors and put your feet up.

Thanks, I know people mean no harm. I'm just over-sensitive to the "I wasn't that big when I was full term" comments.

The queing system for the midwives clinic sounds like a nightmare, I don't envy you that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Had a combined care GP appointment this morning. She took one look at me and offered to certify me off for the rest of the week to rest. Lack of sleep combined with a toddler is obviously taking a toll!!! At least alls well with the baby!

Fantastic cakerbaker! Had a week off from work last week due to hols and it was great. Had toddler in creche and got some rest. Have low iron and bp so was put on Galfer and it's kicking in now. Have some energy again. Hope you get a good rest over the rest of the week. Don't know how people with more than one to mind when pregnant can do it! It's exhausting !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Had my first of five antenatal classes today with the Coombe. I really didn't want to go but it was actually excellent and very helpful, especially for a first time mother. The class today was around packing your bag for the hospital, signs of going into labour, the birth process and breath. The woman leading it was an English midwife in her 50s called Kathy who has had three children herself and she struck just the right balance. I was very pleased I went.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

For those of you who have had the whooping cough vaccine, is it normal for the swelling and redness to still be there 4 days later?

• Advertisement

Boop22 wrote: »
    For those of you who have had the whooping cough vaccine, is it normal for the swelling and redness to still be there 4 days later?

I still had a lump after a week!!! It wasn’t sore or anything but was very obviously there.

I didn't have any redness or swelling at all. I wonder are you having a little reaction? Would you ring the midwife and check?

Yep I had very bad itching pain and swelling. Nurse said it's a reaction to the tetanus in it as it's a three in one and just means your having a strong immune response. I went in to show her as was very red and swollen. Couldn't lie on that arm for around 5 nights !

I got off lucky it seems!

Yeah I had a little kind of ping pong ball shaped swelling for about 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 44 missy_t

I had no swelling but was in awful pain for 4/5 days afterwards. Couldn't lie on it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Thanks all, reassuring to know its normal enough. The redness is about the size of a tennis ball in diameter! Very red and itchy. Feels like sunburn! Day 5 tomorrow hopefully it improves soon :-)

When I was getting the whooping cough vaccine my GP was saying to take a paracetamol if I needed it. I was laughing at her thinking eh I think I can manage an injection. But my god it was sore for a good few days! I couldn't lie on my arm at all.
    I had no redness or swelling though she did say some people have a little reaction. So I wouldn't worry Boop but if it's still there at your next checkup just mention it.

Mystery Egg that's great you found the classes helpful.

Has anyone started packing their hospital bags yet? I have most of the stuff but just have to get it together to pack.

[quote=dreamstar;107026503

Has anyone started packing their hospital bags yet? I have most of the stuff but just have to get it together to pack.[/quote]

I’ve started gathering everything together in a drawer / washing baby clothes etc in anticipation of packing but haven’t brought myself to start yet. It’ll make it all very real. I have everything I think! Washing all the old baby clothes was a bit scary..... they’re so so tiny. Especially now that im used to a 2 year olds clothes.

Also need to pack an overnight toddler bag just in case himself needs to be dropped to the grandparents in a hurry although my mam is planning on coming to stay around my due date so hopefully that won’t be necessary.

• Advertisement

Gosh Cakerbaker I didn't even think of a toddler bag! That's a good idea! I'll have to start stocking up on lunches and batch cooking etc.

Advertisement