Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

dreamstar wrote: »
    Gosh Cakerbaker I didn't even think of a toddler bag! That's a good idea! I'll have to start stocking up on lunches and batch cooking etc.

In all fairness it’s probably not that necessary for me seeing as my in laws live a 5 min walk away and could pop in for anything they needed but I’m one of those people who likes to be stupidly organized. Have started thinking about the batch cooking too. I’m in the process of using what’s in the freezer to make space for fresh stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

I am exactly the same! Just wish I had more freezer space! :D
    Also you have just reminded me to make sure family have a key to my house too! God things were so much simpler on the first! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

I only have 1 day of Ante Natal.. its 4 weeks before my due date, is that normal????? That class sounds great, I really need to start getting organised! we are finally moving back to our house this week end so I can start looking at hospital bag and sorting out baby clothes etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 smr85

Goldenlady wrote: »
    I only have 1 day of Ante Natal.. its 4 weeks before my due date, is that normal????? .
    I have 1 day with the CUMH about 2 weeks before my due date. Although I got a letter yesterday saying I've been booked into two evening classes as well as I'm on the Domino scheme so I assume that cancels the original appointment as they seem to cover the same thing. Will have to check when I'm in next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

It's been a week of sacrificing little bits of my dignity, lol.

I've answered the door in my pyjamas to workmen at 3pm because I simply hadn't the energy to shower and dress that day. I've gone shopping for flooring and sat on a display toilet as the only available seat.
    Someone had to reverse their car out of the space beside me so I could fit my prominent bump between the cars to get into my seat.

And all this is in addition to a definite waddle.

What joys will next week bring!!

• Advertisement

Someone had to reverse their car out of the space beside me so I could fit my prominent bump between the cars to get into my seat.

My local tesco has an expectant mother parking space! It’s always empty. I am proudly using it at the moment as it can be a bit tight getting back into the car if someone has parked what seems to be a normal distance away from my door!!!

An expectant mother car space sounds like an excellent idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Agreed! But I think if we have a visibly large bump and are struggling to get in and out of standard spaces owing to said bump we should use the parent&child spaces and woe betide anyone to argue with a heavily pregnant lady. I nearly pulled something climbing into my car the other day, some car parks are terrible.

It’s even closer to the door than the parent and child spaces and is just as wide!!!

now I’m panicking about getting to work for the next week. Dart is at a seriously reduced capacity from bray and the journey will be a lot longer so I’m not looking forward to trying to get a seat in an overcrowded hot dart! Think I’ll just have to suck it up and ask for a seat rather than hoping for people to notice and offer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Defìnitely ask! Was so grateful to a lady who offered me a dart seat last week. Was looking around trying to make eye contact and she clocked me. Was going to ask otherwise as have some pelvic pain so standing for 30 minutes plus on a jammed train is a nightmare!

• Advertisement

Anyone else on iron ? Was put on liquid Galfer for low iron and bp. Giving me terrible stomach cramps. Midwife said spatone and floradix were no where near as good but don't know how much longer can take it. It's rotten stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 dekey

Did they check your iron levels before they prescribed the iron? If so ferrograd is another you can try to see if it suits you better. Personally I've had iron pushed on me in my last pregnancy, post partum and again in this pregnancy without any indicators other than I might have looked a bit pale (I've had pale skin all my life). I've felt fine energy wise each time so stood my ground because I didn't want the associated stomach problems or constipation that come with them. Both times in pregnancy they haven't pushed any further & seemed to accept my reasoning. Post partum they pushed harder so i offered to take blood tests & if the results showed proof of low iron I'd happily take the supplement, blood tests came back showing my iron levels were fine so they backed down

Yep unfortunately my bloods showed low iron and my blood pressure was low. Felt wretched all that week too but never put the two together. Resisted iron last time as didn't want the side effects but had blood loss on last delivery and looked like kasper the friendly ghost for a week! I'll try the ferrograd and hopefully won't be as severe. I've halved my Galfer dose but stomach still off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 dekey

That's fair enough so I guess, just sucks that the side effects are so harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Anyone else on iron ? Was put on liquid Galfer for low iron and bp. Giving me terrible stomach cramps. Midwife said spatone and floradix were no where near as good but don't know how much longer can take it. It's rotten stuff!

My wife is taking galfer capsules. Maybe check with your chemist. Taking iron can tie up the bowel a bit but she's found taking them in the morning with orange juice has helped with that.

It's been a week of sacrificing little bits of my dignity, lol.

I've answered the door in my pyjamas to workmen at 3pm because I simply hadn't the energy to shower and dress that day. I've gone shopping for flooring and sat on a display toilet as the only available seat.

And all this is in addition to a definite waddle.

What joys will next week bring!!

OMG you poor thing, I feel your pain! I am shattered now... 33 weeks and cant walk far & I have to take a breather! It scares me how unfit I am, having been so fit & active before pregnancy!

Trying to get back in the car with the bump is a real issue, I honestly forget sometimes assuming ill squeeze through & end up almost stuck, morto for me!

Im hoping this is my last week having to drive to Dublin for work from Cork, I honestly cant get comfortable in the car anymore...

Goldenlady wrote: »
    OMG you poor thing, I feel your pain! I am shattered now... 33 weeks and cant walk far & I have to take a breather! It scares me how unfit I am, having been so fit & active before pregnancy

It is scary how quickly it can change from feeling okay, to a bit off, to shattered.

I suspect most of my posts in the next few weeks will be moany, lol. 34wks this week. Hospital checkup and scan tomorrow.

If you're struggling with the side effects of the iron tablets taking them with orange juice definitely helps! I was on it last pregnancy. I also started taking it every second day as opposed to every day but my levels weren't too low.

Starting to feel very unfit here too. Can barely manage a 30 min walk every day and my walks have slowed down completely. Also getting out of breath walking up the stairs which is a pain.

Oh I will be joining ye in the moany posts, don't worry ha!!!!!
    We will struggle on & it will be worth it in the end. I am getting a few moments of anxiety about the labour, but trying to keep it out of my head! What will be will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emmaor18

Hi just wondering is anyone doing the antenatal classes with holles street when does the next block start?

• Advertisement

I'm not doing the classes but if you check the website there should be an e-mail address for the lady who runs them. I remember from last time she was very good at getting back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 smr85

How's everyone doing? Had a growth scan yesterday and baby is apparently measuring very big (97th plus percentile big). They want me to repeat the glucose test :( and are booking me in for another scan in a few weeks. Very upset about the whole thing and it has totally thrown me, everyone keeps telling me that the measurements aren't always very accurate but still worried I'm going to have a 10 plus pounder.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I just had a 10+ pounder having been told all along "around 8.5lbs".So yes they can be inaccurate.
    For what it's worth he was born naturally with no intervention except a little help at the end to gently ease his body out.I know how you feel though, he was measuring a week or so ahead in size at most scans and it was upsetting for a while alright.I was never tested for GD and I don't think there were any signs of it either.I wish they wouldn't keep on about estimating sizes because it is hit and miss and honestly, I was better off during labour not knowing his size til afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

Hi ladies, I'm 34 weeks this week and unfortunately my baby is still breech. Finding it uncomfortable no matter how I sit! Still hoping it will move but as it's been breech in the last two scans I'm sceptical.
    Don't mind section so long as baby is ok but part of me wants natural if possible. Trying the 'spinning babies' to see if that help as well as acupuncture.
    Defo finding the tiredness and discomfort starting to set in! Hope you are all good...

My boy moved somewhere between 36 and 37 weeks so still lots of time ! Only thing I tried was the inverted bridge from spinning babies but not sure if it helped.

Mondo I wouldn't worry at all. You still have plenty of time for baby to move. Just keep doing the spinning babies exercises and if you have a yoga ball bouncing on that supposedly helps.
    I have a growth scan on Monday - I'm 31 weeks. Feel like I haven't had a proper scan in so long so looking forward to saying hi. Also no idea what position baby is in so we'll see then.

I'm also just starting to feel very uncomfortable in the last week or so. Just finding work a bit hard because of tiredness. After lunch especially. I'm going out for quick walks and drinking cold water to try keep myself awake. We do have a teething toddler waking at night so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it too.

Thank god it's Friday!

After a very long week and a short stay in hospital, I am now expecting my girls on...June 14th.

So much for being in the July thread! Nervous, excited and relieved all at once

That's fantastic news!!! Not too long to go at all now so, is it 3 or 4 weeks away! So wonderful to have a date and now you can plan and start the countdown! Wow, I'll a bit jealous! You'll be done and dusted in no time!!

After a very long week and a short stay in hospital, I am now expecting my girls on...June 14th.

Oh my gosh!!!! Great to have an actual date so you can mentally prepare. Hope all is ok and you're feeling well. (as well as you can with two babies)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

That's great news, I'm also jealous you have a definite date. You've just under 3 weeks to wait until you meet them both! So exciting.
    It's only in the last couple of days to that I am beginning to find it tougher, definitely more tired and just have pains n aches and can't get comfortable. I'm massively grateful that I'm still sleeping relatively well even with all the toilet breaks! Ppl had me warned about the sleep deprivation and I'm dreading that, think it would exacerbate all symptoms when your even more tired.

Advertisement