Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

annoyedgal wrote: »
    That's fantastic news!!! Not too long to go at all now so, is it 3 or 4 weeks away! So wonderful to have a date and now you can plan and start the countdown! Wow, I'll a bit jealous! You'll be done and dusted in no time!!

20 days to go!
    I'm feeling unwell but I'm at home resting. I've ended up in a+e at one point this week. Now I just have to focus on getting my strength back ... It's great to know a date to work towards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

20 days to go!
    I'm feeling unwell but I'm at home resting. I've ended up in a+e at one point this week. Now I just have to focus on getting my strength back ... It's great to know a date to work towards.

Ah that's brilliant that you have your date...am very jealous haha. X

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

Babies are 5lbs and 5lbs5oz as of this week (34). So in the next 3 weeks they should make it to 7lb each if they keep the way they're growing... Yikes. At least it will mean no NICU time for them. How I ever grew two little ones of this size I'll never know :-p

It's so strange talking to people today and being able to definitely say June 14th (or earlier if they get impatient).

Wow, fantastic sizes! Well done you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Had our growth scan today. All looking great thankfully. Baby measuring 5lb 3 so on the big side. She said they may repeat my glucose test. I'm not worried though. Weight is pure guesswork at this stage. We were told my last was big all along but he was only 7lb 3 born.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 missy_t

Anyone else not able to cope with this heat??

I've been signed off work so I'm on restricted activity and I've really bad carpal tunnel also (blaming the heat partly!) I'm stuck inside all day with windows open, a fan blasting and I'm still roasted. Not fit to do anything!!Miserable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Heat is killing me. My fingers are even swelling! Dart home from work was torture. Am only in work 3 days this week so will try to stick it out but wouldn’t be able to keep this up for long in this heat!

Heat is killing me. My fingers are even swelling! Dart home from work was torture. Am only in work 3 days this week so will try to stick it out but wouldn’t be able to keep this up for long in this heat!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 smr85

dreamstar wrote: »
    Had our growth scan today. All looking great thankfully. Baby measuring 5lb 3 so on the big side. She said they may repeat my glucose test. I'm not worried though. Weight is pure guesswork at this stage. We were told my last was big all along but he was only 7lb 3 born.

How far gone are you dreamstar? Very relieved to hear they were out on your last, I'm bricking it!
    I was told the same last week apparently my fella is about 4lb 5oz at 30 weeks, they want me to repeat the glucose test (even though I passed with flying colours) as well but after talking to my midwife we've decided not to for now and if he's still measuring big at my next growth scan I will. I suggested to monitor my glucose levels with my husband's spare monitor, showed her my glucose levels from the previous day and she was in agreement that they were fine. Back in with the midwife in 2 weeks so will see what she says.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Heat is awful alright just so uncomfortable. Lol I think I will finish up in work this week just in so much pain sitting at desk I can't do it anymore

Is anyone else doing domino scheme? I kinda feel like I'm missing out....only scans i got were at 12 and 20 weeks. I haven't had any growth scans and midwife says I'm measuring 2-3 weeks small. Would like to go to hospital for scan for peace of mind re: size of baby and also to see what position baby is in.

• Advertisement

I’m domino too. I’m not too bothered about the lack of scans to be honest. Both the midwife and my gp have been able to tell me the position at my last few appointments and the midwife was able to give a guesstimate of size based on having a good feel of the bump. Have another midwife appointment this week so am looking forward to that. Am seriously considering a trip to my gp next week too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Heat is a nightmare alright. Gave up on my rings a two weeks ago as by lunchtime they were so tight!
    On midwife scheme boop and they don't scan but my new gp has a scanner and scans very visit which is pretty cool! Also had a 34 week scan to check placenta which was great quality and can understand you wanting one. Had one every public visit last time and was reassuring.Would the domino midwives give you one if you asked?
    Baby was head down and 5 lbs at 34 weeks. Will be 36 come Friday so time to tackle the hospital bag !

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    I’m domino too. I’m not too bothered about the lack of scans to be honest. Both the midwife and my gp have been able to tell me the position at my last few appointments and the midwife was able to give a guesstimate of size based on having a good feel of the bump. Have another midwife appointment this week so am looking forward to that. Am seriously considering a trip to my gp next week too!

Midwife wasn't able to tell position at last 2 apps and I've also measured small both times. Placenta is to the front so I think baby's back is to my back. She did say if she can't figure out position at next app that she will refer me back to rotunda. So i shall wait and see. Just a bit worried baby may not be developing as it should.

Boop22 wrote: »
    Is anyone else doing domino scheme? I kinda feel like I'm missing out....only scans i got were at 12 and 20 weeks. I haven't had any growth scans and midwife says I'm measuring 2-3 weeks small. Would like to go to hospital for scan for peace of mind re: size of baby and also to see what position baby is in.

I'm on the CUMH Domino scheme. I've been scanned at 12, 22, 30 and will be again at 36 weeks due to his size. I've been 2 weeks ahead on the later scans and my bump is measuring 2 weeks ahead so at least he's consistent. Discuss your concerns with the midwife and maybe they'll book you in for one.

Midwife wasn't able to tell position at last 2 apps and I've also measured small both times. Placenta is to the front so I think baby's back is to my back. She did say if she can't figure out position at next app that she will refer me back to rotunda. So i shall wait and see. Just a bit worried baby may not be developing as it should.

Might be worth asking for a scan if you’re worried. I know in my clinic (linked to Holles St) they don’t have a scanner, only the Doppler but they’d surely be able to refer you to a clinic that has one / the hospital itself if there’s a concern.

Thanks for replies, unfortunately the midwives don't have access to a scanner in the health centre only doppler and use the tape for measuring bump! Back with midwife in 2 weeks so might ask then about scan.

35 weeks on Wednesday...i also need to get packing soon :p

35 weeks on Wednesday...i also need to get packing soon :p

I packed yesterday! Well most of it, still have a few bits to get of course! Hard to know how much to pack, especially when I’m hoping to be out after 6/8 hours. Need to get the car seat down out of the attic this weekend too!

smr85 wrote: »

How far gone are you dreamstar? Very relieved to hear they were out on your last, I'm bricking it!
    I was told the same last week apparently my fella is about 4lb 5oz at 30 weeks, they want me to repeat the glucose test (even though I passed with flying colours) as well but after talking to my midwife we've decided not to for now and if he's still measuring big at my next growth scan I will. I suggested to monitor my glucose levels with my husband's spare monitor, showed her my glucose levels from the previous day and she was in agreement that they were fine. Back in with the midwife in 2 weeks so will see what she says.

I'm 32 weeks today. I remember being so worried on my last coz the kept telling me he was measuring big. I ended up having him a week early but yeah he was 7lb 3. So on the smaller side. Someone told me it's all a bit of a guess. Baby is so squished up in there and they use some measurements of head and femur etc to work out the weight. But it's all a guess. Anyway I'm not back in hospital until next week so I'll see if they want to repeat the glucose test. Doubt they will though.

Also finding the heat tough. My energy levels are just gone. Wrecked all day but bought a fan today. Hope it helps.

I'm 32 weeks today. I remember being so worried on my last coz the kept telling me he was measuring big. I ended up having him a week early but yeah he was 7lb 3. So on the smaller side. Someone told me it's all a bit of a guess. Baby is so squished up in there and they use some measurements of head and femur etc to work out the weight. But it's all a guess.

Feel much better after reading that, thank you. This is my first so totally bricking it!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Had my 34 week check today, they are concerned with sugar in my urine & Have asked I retake the Gestational Diabetes test, I am concerned too! I passed it with my GP, but need to go back Friday. Then the consultant said my baby is measuring very big, even though 3 weeks ago I was told he was average! FTM so all a bit scary! Im hoping to GD test will be ok, I couldn't cope with that and the innohep! BUT the only benefit would be if I have it they would bring me in for induction or Section, at least I would be guaranteed pain relief then!
    I have noticed how much stronger the kicks are as in they actually hurt its crazy, his head in down too so he's ready to come out id say ha!

Rant over... I just hope baby ok & hopefully the next few weeks fly in!

• Advertisement

Goldenlady wrote: »
    Had my 34 week check today, they are concerned with sugar in my urine & Have asked I retake the Gestational Diabetes test, I am concerned too! I passed it with my GP, but need to go back Friday. Then the consultant said my baby is measuring very big, even though 3 weeks ago I was told he was average! FTM so all a bit scary! Im hoping to GD test will be ok, I couldn't cope with that and the innohep! BUT the only benefit would be if I have it they would bring me in for induction or Section, at least I would be guaranteed pain relief then!
    I have noticed how much stronger the kicks are as in they actually hurt its crazy, his head in down too so he's ready to come out id say ha!

Fingers crossed all tests come back clear but like you said at least if you did have it they'd have to put a plan into place for you and you can prepare for that. I really wouldn't worry about them saying about baby's size, I was told my first was huge, even on induction day I was told it was huge....it was 7lb 5!!!

So today is the first day I can say I actually f**King hate the sun haha. I'm baked!!

Goldenlady wrote: »

Did they give you an estimated size? FTM here too and I bawled my eyes out twice last week in the hospital over the babies size. They want me to retake the glucose test too but I'm going to hold off a while as its apparently after week 32 (31 weeks today) that the body really starts to struggle so I'd rather wait until closer to my next scan.

You can pick up glucometers on ebay for cheap if you wanted to keep an eye on your glucose levels. I've been tracking mine the last few days and bar one reading (which went down after I remembered to wash my hands!) everything seems to be in range. My hubby is Type 1 so I am surrounded with it everyday and being super careful with my diet. The way I look at it, if I have it I'll find out soon enough but what I'm doing now is exactly what they'd ask me to do in the hospital.

Thanks SMR85, I asked the weight today as Im 34 weeks but she said its too hard to give an accurate reading. I honestly was ok until about 32 weeks and I feel I have blown up, I feel huge.
    Pre pregnancy I was 100% healthy, didn't have sugar in my diet & exercised a min of 4 to 5 times a week. I have struggled to control my food & definitely am eating more Rubbish than I ever would. We had lots of cake as had parties over the week end so I honestly don't know if that would have made my levels in my urine high today.
    Ill just have to go with the flow, get it tested Friday and just deal with whatever the outcome is.
    The consultant said If its comes back positive on Friday they will do a further scan to get an accurate reading of the weigh of the baby. I think because I am already High Risk, I am just a little anxious adding this to it, plus I am older too at 39 years old so was hoping for straight forward.... but once my little man is ok Ill deal with it!
    Hope your levels work out ok .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Try not to worry too much about gestational diabetes. You cannot prevent it if it occurs, and eating cake can't bring it on.

I was diagnosed with it at 28 weeks. It's a big inconvenience and nothing more.

I can't get my fasting glucose levels down at all, so I've been admitted today to go on insulin. I'll be sent home again tomorrow.

No, it's not ideal, but there are no panic stations and it's all for the good of the baby. :)

Don't worry unduly about size either. They are guessing the size. I can tell you stories of predicted undersize and oversize babies that were born perfectly average. They can't actually tell, they are just being really cautious to protect you and baby and that's a good thing. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Try not to worry too much about gestational diabetes. You cannot prevent it if it occurs, and eating cake can't bring it on.

I was diagnosed with it at 28 weeks. It's a big inconvenience and nothing more.

I can't get my fasting glucose levels down at all, so I've been admitted today to go on insulin. I'll be sent home again tomorrow.

No, it's not ideal, but there are no panic stations and it's all for the good of the baby. :)

Don't worry unduly about size either. They are guessing the size. I can tell you stories of predicted undersize and oversize babies that were born perfectly average. They can't actually tell, they are just being really cautious to protect you and baby and that's a good thing. :)

Edited to add: one of my sisters in law had a baby that was 5lb 6 and he was perfect. They never copped he was small. My other sister in law had a ten pounder and they never copped he was big! It's all a guessing game and everything will be okay in the end.

Yeah guys I'm with mystery egg here. Weight is just a predicted weight. I know how scary this seems when it's your first but honestly it's not the big deal it seems.
    I'd much rather a bigger baby than one that's not growing and is on the small side. Plus babies have little growth spurts and they don't all grow at the same rate.
    Don't let this worry stop you enjoying your pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 missy_t

Went to the chiropractor today re: my carpal tunnel. He cracked my neck and a few times and I'm now completely pain free. Can't believe it!! Have to go back next week but totally worth the money to be able to move my wrists again!

thanks Guys, appreciate the responses. Im much better now today, although still getting kicked alive by the little man so he is definitely strong!! Once he is healthy its ok. I think re the Gestational Diabetes I was thinking it was something I did as I have gone from a fully clean healthy lifestyle to loving cakes, bread etc... but as you say Cake didn't cause it. Fingers crossed all will be ok on Friday & I can focus on getting him out safely.
    Its soooooo warm, I am not loving this weather. Was exhausted this morning, 3 more weeks in work officially but have hospital and ante natal and bank holiday so days are numbered yayyyyyy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Countdown to mat leave on here too...8 working days left with bank holiday and hospital. Can't wait to wear tracksuit bottoms or leggings full time when finish up !! Finding dressing for work such an effort......

• Advertisement

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Countdown to mat leave on here too...8 working days left with bank holiday and hospital. Can't wait to wear tracksuit bottoms or leggings full time when finish up !! Finding dressing for work such an effort......

For some mad reason I pushed mine out as far as possible to have 15 working days left (it’s only that few cos ive a few days leave booked and only work a 4 day week!). Finishing up right at the end of June. Seriously regret that now and will more than likely be getting a cert closer to the time.

Is any one else absolutely massive? I’ve almost 6 weeks left and I can barely move I’m so huge. I actually don’t think I could carry the bump if it got any bigger. It doesnt help that I’m quite petite and haven’t put on much weight other than the huge bump that seems to extend for a mile in front of me!

Advertisement