Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Yes cakerbaker! I feel huge and have nearly 8 weeks left! Doesn't help that I also have a toddler to run around after. Finding bending down too difficult now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

dreamstar wrote: »
    Yes cakerbaker! I feel huge and have nearly 8 weeks left! Doesn't help that I also have a toddler to run around after. Finding bending down too difficult now.

Ya the toddler doesn’t help! I’m having issues getting him in and out of the car seat! And I’m squatting down for things rather than bending, can only bend if I’m holding something for support! I feel fine in the mornings but it goes downhill as the day goes on. I’ve also started waddling rather than walking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

Anyone else finding eating to be so difficult?!
    I swear my stomach is the size of a tomato , hardly fit anything in even when I'm hungry. Hospital dietician was talking last week about the importance of nutrient dense foods in last few weeks, as the volume I can intake reduces.

2wks to go tomorrow.

I don't know how any of you are surviving getting up for work in the morning! You must be made of stronger stuff than me :-p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Yep feeling huge here too and all bump so feeling like I bend back when I walk! Doesn't help that everyone at work feels free to comment on how big I've gotten and look ready to go anyday now.....drives me mad! Trying to get out walking a bit more and get ready for labour. Was so much fitter last time. This time has been more cakes and scones than yoga and swimming........

quote="Cakerbaker;107141256"]For some mad reason I pushed mine out as far as possible to have 15 working days left (it’s only that few cos ive a few days leave booked and only work a 4 day week!). Finishing up right at the end of June. Seriously regret that now and will more than likely be getting a cert closer to the time.

Is any one else absolutely massive? I’ve almost 6 weeks left and I can barely move I’m so huge. I actually don’t think I could carry the bump if it got any bigger. It doesnt help that I’m quite petite and haven’t put on much weight other than the huge bump that seems to extend for a mile in front of me![/quote]

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    Ya the toddler doesn’t help! I’m having issues getting him in and out of the car seat! And I’m squatting down for things rather than bending, can only bend if I’m holding something for support! I feel fine in the mornings but it goes downhill as the day goes on. I’ve also started waddling rather than walking!!!

Oh I'd say so Cakerbaker. My only saving grace is that I thought ahead and I got the swivel carseat that I can turn to face me.
    I'm definitely starting the waddle now too. Can't believe we're getting so close!

• Advertisement

Oh I'd say so Cakerbaker. My only saving grace is that I thought ahead and I got the swivel carseat that I can turn to face me.
    I'm definitely starting the waddle now too. Can't believe we're getting so close!

Oh I wish I’d planned ahead and bought the swivel! We just went with the next size besafe as we had the base from the baby seat! He’s still rear facing and while I know it’d be easier get him in forward facing I just can’t make myself turn him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

I am huge too, really feeling it in the last two weeks & I have over 5 weeks left. I honestly admire any of you with toddlers, how are you coping. I cant function & I only have myself and himself to worry about.
    Workwise I am lucky that I work from home 70% of the week, but now I am doing it 100% so tracksuit, leggings, PJs are what I live in!
    Today I am struggling, I feel beyond tired, despite being in bed by 10am last night... ok was up about 7 times for the lo but slept well until about 6am...
    Think I might try finish up on the 15th, I don't think I can cope with 3 more weeks working...

Oh I'm jealous of all you ladies finishing up in work so soon. I'm not finishing up until the 5th July! Although I am only on a 3 day week.
    My doctor said he would write me a cert if I needed it but to be honest I find work easier physically than being at home. When I'm home I do find it very hard managing my 1 year old on my own. He is full on and I feel guilty keeping him in all day so try to get out as much as possible with him. He can now get up the stairs himself which is great for me. I can just walk up behind him instead of carrying him.

Also have a few bits to get for the baby - cot etc. So I'm thinking I need to sort these things before I get REALLY uncomfortable.

Oh I'm jealous of all you ladies finishing up in work so soon. I'm not finishing up until the 5th July! Although I am only on a 3 day week.
    My doctor said he would write me a cert if I needed it but to be honest I find work easier physically than being at home. When I'm home I do find it very hard managing my 1 year old on my own. He is full on and I feel guilty keeping him in all day so try to get out as much as possible with him. He can now get up the stairs himself which is great for me. I can just walk up behind him instead of carrying him.

Also have a few bits to get for the baby - cot etc. So I'm thinking I need to sort these things before I get REALLY uncomfortable.

I’ll admit to happily sending my son to crèche when the dr has certified me off and I’ll do the same if I get signed off towards the end! I need the rest. I do collect him earlier than normal though!!! Will be keeping him in for maternity leave too. Need to keep his place and he’s used to the interaction and his friends so don’t want to disrupt his routine more than I have to.

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    I’ll admit to happily sending my son to crèche when the dr has certified me off and I’ll do the same if I get signed off towards the end! I need the rest. I do collect him earlier than normal though!!! Will be keeping him in for maternity leave too. Need to keep his place and he’s used to the interaction and his friends so don’t want to disrupt his routine more than I have to.

Oh no you are dead right! Take any rest you can get. My guy is with my Mum for the three days I'm in work and if I'm struggling much more I will take some sick leave and send him up to her anyway.
    I really do want to be well rested before labour especially.
    I keep having mini panic attacks at everything I still have to do. Clearing out the back room etc. But I guess baby will be in with us for the first few months anyway so I'll cross that bridge when I need to. But I do want to get the cot and get that up at least. The rest can wait a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Last day of work here today!! Well, I say last day, it won't be fully as I am self employed but I'll be lurking in the background from now on :-)

The heat is killing me altogether. As well as the heat stopping me from sleeping properly, I've found myself getting very short of breath again during the night and nearly waking up gasping. Anybody else experience this? I didn't on my first

Heat is flipping horrendous alright! Feel like I'm the only person watching the weather forecast in despair and praying for a cold front!

Had a broken nights sleep thanks to the heat last night and then my toddler woke for the day at 5. There was no getting him back to sleep. Kinda wish I was in work today cos entertaining him while just plain exhausted is tough going! I’d happily have some dry weather in the low teens at the moment. This heat is not enjoyable. At least the rain today is giving me a handy excuse to stay at home and let cartoons do some parenting!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

My wee man arrived this evening. He's good but getting some help with breathing in special care.

He was 4 weeks early and still weighed in a 7lb 2oz.

Hope all you ladies are keeping well and I'll be thinking of you all x

Oh my gosh! Congratulations!!! That's a fantastic weight.
    Hope you guys are doing ok. Xxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Aw Kaylami, huge congrats x

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Wow Kaylami, that's wonderful news! Warmest congratulations! Please God he will be home with you very soon. :):)

The first of the July babies is here!! It's getting real now ladies.

Amazing news Kaylami ! What a super weight! Hope you feeling well and congrats on your little man ! Can't believe the first of the babies is here! Enjoy all the lovely cuddles!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

Congratulations Kaylami, I was sure I'd be the first of the July babies. Hope you're doing well.

I had another rough hospital visit today. Section late next week.
    Two 6lb babies so far.

Oh WOW congrats! that's a fantastic weight!! Cant wait to hear all the news over the coming weeks with all the babies being born! Exciting times ahead guys x

• Advertisement

Congratulations Kaylami, I was sure I'd be the first of the July babies. Hope you're doing well.

Two 6lb babies so far.

Hang in there. You're a champ!

Your on the home stretch now, not long to go!

quote="NotTotallySure;107183345"]Congratulations Kaylami, I was sure I'd be the first of the July babies. Hope you're doing well.

Two 6lb babies so far.[/quote]

Two 6lb babies so far.
    Oh no. Why? What happened at the hospital? Hope you're ok.

Got confirmed with gestational diabetes today at 35 weeks! I was so upset, I know its stupid as its hormones & I cant control how my body reacts to pregnancy, but I just felt a tad overwhelmed with my innohep injections & now managing GD. Ill know more after my hospital visit tomorrow...
    I am hoping they will give me a date to come in, as my labour wont be straight forward... has anyone been in this position before?

Oh goldenlady. I know it's hard when things don't go to plan but you're so nearly there. I have a check up tomorrow and they might repeat my glucose test so I might be in same boat as you. Important thing is baby is ok.
    Why will your labour not be straight forward? Is it because of innohep? Because I'm on it too and was o last pregnancy. It wasn't even an issue in labour.

thanks Dreamstar, I need to just realise its best for baby & that's what is important. I have this whole hang up about weight all my life & worked hard for the last few years to get healthy & active & it feels like I brought on the GD because I ate crap for the pregnancy, its all in my head & Silly. Ill be fine.

The consultant had said with the innohep they would potentially induce me in Week 39/40... then last week when I mentioned being re tested for GD she said oh that changes everything, we will have to have a confirmed plan if you have it! So again I Could be running away with myself, but I am wondering will it mean a C Section etc. Ill know more tomorrow once I have my appointment... the main thing is once baby is fine & you are right, its only a few weeks.

All of your hard work at being healthy has benifitted you and your baby already. Regardless of your diet the last few months. Don't be so hard on yourself. You're doing great and they will do whatever is best for you both.

Like I said my labour last time went perfectly. Even on innohep. I had epidural and everything. I panicked about it so much last time but after my experience I haven't given it a second thought this time. There are so many women in the haemotology clinic and most are on innohep. The midwives are well used to it. Honestly the worst thing is having to wear the stupid socks after labour! That was it. :-)
    But do talk to them about any worries you have.

Thanks so much Dreamstar, I feel I am being dramatic! I think lack of sleep & hormones are catching up on me!
    That sounds good re the labour as I am dreading not being able to get the epidural... fingers crossed all goes ok!

Hi Goldenlady. I see 90 other women in the diabetic clinic every week and they are all shapes and sizes. You absolutely did NOT cause this Goldenlady. Conversely I was so, so careful with my diet in pregnancy and I was still diagnosed with it at 28 weeks.

The standard protocol is to induce labour at 39 weeks with GD. This is due to the tendency of having an oversized baby. My baby is average size and they are still planning to induce me at 39 weeks. I however am planning to refuse the induction *unless* the baby or myself are at risk (I won't be taking any risks). You can still get an epidural when induced.

You do not *have* to have an induction.

I don't want one for two reasons. 1- it can give you a longer labour. 2 - if you don't respond to the drugs (and drugs are usually fairly ineffectual with me) they have no choice but to do a c section.

So my take on it is: is my baby thriving? Am I safe? If the answers are yes then I'm refusing induction until such a time as that changes.

Feeling overwhelmed and even a bit down is very normal. Be nice to yourself. There's only a few weeks to go and you've nurtured Baba all the way. You've done great! Everything will be ok and you'll feel better after the class and meeting all the other totally normal GD mums!

• Advertisement

Thanks Mystery Egg, appreciate the response.
    you are right, and I have now stopped beating myself up!
    Once baby is safe that's all that matters.
    Hopefully they will tell me more today about the labour plans, that's interesting re the 39 weeks.

Advertisement