Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Absolutely no problem at all. Bang away. Imagine if we couldnt.... we would all be sights😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

jakeypooh wrote: »
    Absolutely no problem at all. Bang away. Imagine if we couldnt.... we would all be sights😂😂😂😂

Oh really? Don’t know why i thought you weren’t supposed to get t done in first trimester

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Random queasy feelings now and then has finally turned into constant nausea! Yeah!!! Last time I pretty much avoided preparing food and my OH would present me with my meals. This time I’ve a toddler so can’t avoid cooking if my OH isn’t around!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Gee_G wrote: »
    Ladies what’s the story with getting hair coloured/highlights?

I got a colour done last week no problem at all. I've dyed my hair through them all. Grey roots is not appealing!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

Hi ladies, I'm 6w+5 on my first. Thrilled that we have been so lucky. So so nervous though!! I realised I was pregnant 3+3 An it's been the longest 3 weeks since!! Lol!! I had bad cramping 3w to 6w but nothing much since no nausea no tender breasts, tired but I'm always tired anyway so nothing new there. The lack of symptoms doesn't help the worry. Anybody else lacking on the symptoms side of things? Getting the harmony scan in about 3 weeks time hopefully all going well. Alot of friends have had mis's so think that's why I'm extra nervous also being 37 doesn't help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Mondo123 wrote: »
    Hi ladies, I'm 6w+5 on my first. Thrilled that we have been so lucky. So so nervous though!! I realised I was pregnant 3+3 An it's been the longest 3 weeks since!! Lol!! I had bad cramping 3w to 6w but nothing much since no nausea no tender breasts, tired but I'm always tired anyway so nothing new there. The lack of symptoms doesn't help the worry. Anybody else lacking on the symptoms side of things? Getting the harmony scan in about 3 weeks time hopefully all going well. Alot of friends have had mis's so think that's why I'm extra nervous also being 37 doesn't help.

Dropping in from the December thread. I had no symptoms either apart from the tiredness. I’m 35 weeks today and never had a lot of the symptoms that people talk about and everything is going well so I wouldn’t consider it something to worry about (easier said than done, I know!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Poppett17

Hi All, think I am about 6 weeks with my first - not sure of exact dates as I had a very irregular cycle - I also have a lack of symptoms. There are days when I am really tired and there are others when I am grand - no sickness, but do see that my boobs have got bigger. Sometime I wonder I am imagining that I am expecting and I am really putting on weight!

I have an early scan booked for next week, so hopefully that will give me dates and more reassurance.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Ladies what’s the story with getting hair coloured/highlights?

Highlights are grand cos the dye doesn't go on your skin, apparently if you're doing home dye you need a patch test if you're preggers because your skin can be more sensitive. I had a full head of highlights done at 9 weeks and the only problem I had was having to run in and out of the loo while I was waiting for them to develop :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Was just googling fluctuating symptoms last night. Felt wretched for the last two weeks and woke up feeling great yesterday! Was worried but pretty sure this happened on my last pregnancy too and it's normal. Back to dry wretching this morning so should have made the most of the respite!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Ok if I tentatively join in? Just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant. Think I'm still in shock as it's a bit of a miracle. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2015. Had one ovary removed and chemo. We were told this could affect our chances of conceiving so we had embryos frozen just in case. Got the all clear in April 2016. Got pregnant two months later and he is now almost 9 months old. And...... here I am again. Super nervous as I have had a miscarriage before so hoping I get brought into hospital early.

• Advertisement

I actually can’t cope with the sickness (not going to bother calling it morning sickness cos it’s constant) and the exhaustion. It doesn’t seem to matter what or how often I eat, or how much I sleep, I’m just constantly feeling like sh*te. No point in this post really, it’s just a rant.

Oh no cakerbaker. Nothing worse. The only thing that used to help me was fresh air.
    How far gone are you? When did it start? I'm only 5 weeks and feel no different yet....which is making me nervous. Have hospital appointment Monday. Hoping I'll get an early scan.

dreamstar wrote: »
    Oh no cakerbaker. Nothing worse. The only thing that used to help me was fresh air.
    How far gone are you? When did it start? I'm only 5 weeks and feel no different yet....which is making me nervous. Have hospital appointment Monday. Hoping I'll get an early scan.

I’m 6+5. The sickness started at 6 weeks on the dot! I just don’t remember it being this bad the last time.

Oh no. There's nothing worse. I remember being exhausted from feeling sick all the time. Hoping it's not as bad this time.
    How old are your other little ones?

I'm also worried about keeping it quiet until 12 weeks. I swear my tummy feels bigger already. I know it's just bloating but I feel big.

I'm eight weeks and starting to think what was bloating is actually sticking around and becoming a bump. Genuinely think I'm going to be a blimp if this keeps up!

My lo is 21 months and to make matters worse broke his leg last week so requires a lot of attention. I’m not quite sure how I’m going to manage work this week, especially my commute on the dart! I’ve an interview for promotion coming up too so feel I can’t take sick leave before that. It’ll all be worth it!

I told my husband the other day that it’s a good job you don’t remember quite how bad it is or you never go again! He ran for his phone to record me in case I decide to suggest no3 down the line 😂.

Am with ye on the clothes front. My jeans still fit but just about. I don’t see them lasting much longer. And for some reason all my dresses just seem to accentuate my stomach!

Oh the poor little thing. Hope he recovers soon. Best of luck with the interview.
    Yeah it's funny how you forget how tough it is. :-) I reckon we'll stop at 2 so will try enjoy as much as I can.
    Back in the hospital tomorrow. Will be so weird going back!
    What hospitals are you guys in? We're going back to Holles St.

What hospitals are you guys in? We're going back to Holles St.

Going back to Holles St too, though I’ll hardly see the place as I’ll go through the community midwives in bray.

Had our scan yesterday all good and heart the heartbeat which was an unexpected bonus!

Cakerbaker the poor wee pet! The all day sickness is a killer.

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    Going back to Holles St too, though I’ll hardly see the place as I’ll go through the community midwives in bray.

Oh that's great. I have to stay under the consultant so have to into the hospital each time. It's a pain cos it takes so long but they scan me every time which is nice. But the parking round there costs a fortune!!! I remember when I had my last adding up the parking for the few days I was in - it was nearly €60!!!

• Advertisement

Oh that's great. I have to stay under the consultant so have to into the hospital each time. It's a pain cos it takes so long but they scan me every time which is nice. But the parking round there costs a fortune!!! I remember when I had my last adding up the parking for the few days I was in - it was nearly €60!!!

At least they have the parking app now though to save popping out when parking is expiring. My OH found it brilliant when I was in having DS.

I feel so much pressure and bloating that i feel like I’m already about 6 months pregnant... not 7.5weeks!!!

Yeah the parking app is an absolute life saver. I had my appointment today. Thought it was just to chat to nurse and I'd be in and out. I was there just over 4 hours!!!!!! Which is tough when your sister is babysitting and you can't tell her where you are. :-)
    So we registered and got booked in, got bloods all done, got prescription sorted (I've to go on blood thinning injections as I've had a blood clot) and got a scan.
    So she said scan looks ok but am still very early. They're brining me back in 2 weeks for another as I'm not sure if my dates. Was so weird being back there. But I'm getting excited now!

Everybody is very quiet in here 😠Hope you’re all keeping well! Reasonably symptom free here for the last few days apart from a sore back but i can deal with that.
    When is everybody’s scan?
    Mine is Christmas week

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Everybody is very quiet in here 😠Hope you’re all keeping well! Reasonably symptom free here for the last few days apart from a sore back but i can deal with that.
    When is everybody’s scan?
    Mine is Christmas week

The group is very quiet alright. Lol I am going for private scan tomorrow morning. Quite nervous, hoping all goes well. I've no major symptoms either just sore boobs and tiredness!! 1st scan in hospital is 22nd December :-) Which hospital are you attending?

Between kids and work I just collapse most evenings. Got my booking app for Holles street for the 20th December. I still haven't decided whether to go for Holles street or wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 44 missy_t

My scan is 18th December but have a private one booked for next weekend. No symptoms at all here really except a little more tired than usual. Oh and I'm constantly hungry - my belly rumbles non-stop!!

My booking appointment is 18th dec too! Might get an early one in a week or so when 10 weeks. Tiredness is unreal here, was in bed at 8 last night plus nausea waves and a constant bad mood! Wishing the 1st trimester away here, wasnt like this last time so thinking must be a girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 New anyone at

Hi all. Just found out I am also due July 2018. Major shock as I have an 18 year old and a 13 year old and I’m in a very new relationship. It’s his first child and he’s super excited and a little scared, but I’m just petrified and can’t seem to get myself excited. I’m exhausted all the time and feel sick most evenings. I also haven’t told a single person as I can’t get my head right yet. Any advice would be great on how to tell my other children, both our parents etc and how to feel a little better about this. Thanks very much.

• Advertisement

I have a scan in two weeks. I'll only be 7/8 weeks so don't think I'll be able to see much. Just hope all is ok. Not feeling many symptoms yet......which is making me nervous.

Advertisement