Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Has anybody experienced any pains across shoulders and under their ribs?
    I had them last weekend and they were sore and theb started again this evening accompanied with vomiting :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 smr85

Gee_G wrote: »
    Has anybody experienced any pains across shoulders and under their ribs?
    I had them last weekend and they were sore and theb started again this evening accompanied with vomiting :-(

It's probably nothing but I would ring your local pregnancy emergency unit to get their advice. So many things can crop up towards the end of pregnancy that it's not worth taking the risk. Hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 StellaWu

The tape measure (fundal height measurement) isn't very accurate but gives an average idea of size to the Dr. The amount of centimeters should be somewhere near the number of weeks.

My consultant has never bothered with it for me, but two visiting medical students did it - I think it was for their own amusement (and I was up for the laugh). I measured 44cm at 33wks

That puts me at ease! I'm fairly short so very possible that it just seems bigger!! :) Thanks!!

smr85 wrote: »
    It's probably nothing but I would ring your local pregnancy emergency unit to get their advice. So many things can crop up towards the end of pregnancy that it's not worth taking the risk. Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you!
    It completely passed after about 1.5hrs and I slept like a log then. It was funny. If it happens again I will be ringing them!
    4 weeks left today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Gee-G I've been getting rib pain too. It makes it very hard to get comfy. Hospital said it's just baby's position. The vomiting could have been the heat or food or anything. Rest up and look after yourself.

Oh my god guys I'm seriously struggling with this heat. It's totally zapping all my energy. Little guy was up at 7am and when he went for his morning nap I had to go back to bed myself! Praying for rain!
    Can't get out for my walks or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

The heat has completely killed my appetite and made me nothing but nauseous. I had toast at 6am but that filled me up immediately, and I haven't been able to face anything since.

Even water makes me want to retch! Still drinking of course.

One baby's head is stuck in my rib, and the other is stuck in my pelvis - they're yin & yang today

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Doctor has officially signed me off work. 37 weeks on Wednesday! It is such a relief as i haven't been sleeping at all but at the same time I have nothing else to focus on now other than getting ready for the new arrival...its getting very real and scary. Lol Goal for today is to get hospital bag packed 🙈

Oh that's great Boop. Definitely takes the pressure off. I have 4 weeks left in work but I've cut down to half days. Thankfully the heat is gone down today.

I also have to pack my bag. I have everything washed and ready to pack. Just need to get it all in the bags. Definitely making it feel real now!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

Leg swelling has reached painful levels in last few days. No swelling anywhere else so it seems to just be my too big stomach reducing my leg circulation. Last hospital appt tmrw ahead of the big day on Thurs which will be just over the 37wk mark.

My husband rechecked my hospital bag for me today and added in the extra bits I'd need. In all likelihood I'll be still pregnant this time tmrw, but we're preparing with bags in the car as if we'll stay over - definitely at the end of my tether and physical capability.

I'm not even going to set "do not cry' as my goal for tomorrow, just been way too emotional lately for that to not happen!!

Leg swelling has reached painful levels in last few days. No swelling anywhere else so it seems to just be my too big stomach reducing my leg circulation. Last hospital appt tmrw ahead of the big day on Thurs which will be just over the 37wk mark.

My husband rechecked my hospital bag for me today and added in the extra bits I'd need. In all likelihood I'll be still pregnant this time tmrw, but we're preparing with bags in the car as if we'll stay over - definitely at the end of my tether and physical capability.

I'm not even going to set "do not cry' as my goal for tomorrow, just been way too emotional lately for that to not happen!!

Aw wow, that's fantastic xx
    Your poor legs won't be Sorry! Can't wait to hear your news when you're back up and running.

I'm 36+3 And I feel like I'm going to to myself any minute. Getting lots of back cramps, very uncomfortable pains and just general funny feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

Best of luck nottotallysure you've done amazing with a twin pregnancy to carry so long, well done it esp can't have been easy last couple of weeks with the heat. I'm 36+3 and also in for apt tomor to get plan on babes arrival as it's still breech. I'm expecting to be in for a section in week 39 unless it miraculously turns!
    Feet also swelled! All that fits are flip flops! Also sleeping is all over the shop wakening so much.

Hope you're doing ok Nottotallysure. And hope the rest of you are all well.
    I'm doing good. Have my hospital bags packed and got my labour waxing done today. I've managed to get through pregnancy with not too many bad symptoms ......until recently. So cringe - went to my GP the other week and turns out I have varicose veins......not on my legs...... oh no but on my vulva! The glamour of pregnancy! Thankfully I'm not in pain but have this awful pressure feeling every time I stand up. I didn't even think this was a thing that could happen. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Oh no dreamstar sounds rough! Is there anything you can do for it or just wait it to right itself post labour? It's a glamorous business alright. Had piles after last pregnancy which was pretty awful and couldn't sit properly for days!
    Hope your doing well nottotallysure, almost there. Can't wait for your news update after delivery!
    Finished work today and 38 weeks. Looking forward to having some down time to get sorted before d day! Just hopefully not too much time.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

dreamstar wrote: »
    Hope you're doing ok Nottotallysure. And hope the rest of you are all well.
    I'm doing good. Have my hospital bags packed and got my labour waxing done today. I've managed to get through pregnancy with not too many bad symptoms ......until recently. So cringe - went to my GP the other week and turns out I have varicose veins......not on my legs...... oh no but on my vulva! The glamour of pregnancy! Thankfully I'm not in pain but have this awful pressure feeling every time I stand up. I didn't even think this was a thing that could happen. :eek:

Am so relieved that I’m not the only person with the swollen vulva and intense pressure. I literally couldn’t walk today it was so bad. Swollen vulva aren’t really something you can mention either when people ask how you’re feeling!!!

Haha defo not cakerbaker! I even thought twice about mentioning it here. But it's just so annoying. If I sit too long it's very uncomfortable when I stand. And if I'm squatting down playing with my son it's just an intense pressure. I hear it all goes back to normal after.
    My sister does waxing and she said she's seen it a LOT so it's defo not unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

ouch Dreamstar, you poor thing that sound awful. I am getting pressure pains down there if I walk around too long, but I think that's normal maybe!

I know this sounds like a silly question & I am sure it doesn't really matter... but I don't wax as I am too sensitive in the skin area so I normally just veet everything off with cream.... is that ok to do now?

Goldenlady wrote: »
    ouch Dreamstar, you poor thing that sound awful. I am getting pressure pains down there if I walk around too long, but I think that's normal maybe!

I know this sounds like a silly question & I am sure it doesn't really matter... but I don't wax as I am too sensitive in the skin area so I normally just veet everything off with cream.... is that ok to do now?

Just do a little patch test 24hrsbefore you intend to use it as your body and it's reactions to products change when you're pregnant ;-)

Goldenlady wrote: »

I'm sure it's totally fine but would recommend a patch test too. Just to be sure. An allergy would be the last thing you need down there. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Thanks girls, I will definitely try a patch test... would be afraid Id break out...

I am having aches and cramps from top to toe for the last few days! Was out and about for a few hrs this morning and it knocked me for 6. 3 weeks left now....
    How is everybody doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Take to the bed!
    Baby has decided she doesn't fancy being upside down and to lay transverse. I have less than two weeks to turn her or I'll be admitted til my due date. Which could be 2 weeks (already feel like pulling my hair out at the thought)
    Got the gym ball and few techniques from spinning babies.

Take to the bed!
    Baby has decided she doesn't fancy being upside down and to lay transverse. I have less than two weeks to turn her or I'll be admitted til my due date. Which could be 2 weeks (already feel like pulling my hair out at the thought)
    Got the gym ball and few techniques from spinning babies.

I was induced with my first And he was transverse but I had a normal delivery if that's any consolation.
    I dont know what way my baby is because the gp couldn't give me a definite answer the other day if baby was head down or not. Lying in a funny position!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I’ve been feeling fairly crappy for the last while and still had 2 weeks left in work but thankfully my dr certified me off on Friday! It still hasn’t sunk in that I’m going to be off work for nearly a year!!! Am getting impatient now though... 37 weeks on Monday.

Hi cakerbaker, im the same. Doc signed me off for last 2 weeks in work. Its such a relief being able to sleep during the day etc without having to worry about getting up for work!! Still hasn't sunk in with me either though.lol

Haven't been feeling well the last couple of days. Have had persistent headache last 2 days. Went to chemist today to get BP checked and all is normal but my pulse is really high...not sure what that means! Im back with doc this week so will mention it to him. 38 weeks on Wednesday but getting impatient now. Lol

I have a scan im rotunda this Thursday as part of the recipe study...anyone ever heard of this??

Every time I see somebody has posted in here from now on I am going to be getting excited thinking it's baby news!!!

No, I've never heard of that. Did they not tell you anything else?bit strange!!

Still feeling crappy here too. Very crampy and sort everywhere. Had constant back pain all day today so thought it was the start of something but nothing yet!!

Every time I see somebody has posted in here from now on I am going to be getting excited thinking it's baby news!!!

No, I've never heard of that. Did they not tell you anything else?bit strange!!

Still feeling crappy here too. Very crampy and sort everywhere. Had constant back pain all day today so thought it was the start of something but nothing yet!!

I know i can't believe we're all so close. So exciting!!!

They said its a study they are doing in rotunda that they are bringing first time mothers in for a scan at 38 weeks. Not sure why. I just signed up as I was glad to get an extra scan done :)

Sorry to hear you are in pain. Hopefully you will have movement soon. When are u due?

Boop22 wrote: »
    I know i can't believe we're all so close. So exciting!!!

They said its a study they are doing in rotunda that they are bringing first time mothers in for a scan at 38 weeks. Not sure why. I just signed up as I was glad to get an extra scan done :)

Sorry to hear you are in pain. Hopefully you will have movement soon. When are u due?

Well exactly, nice to get an extra scan. Always nice to check in!
    I'm due 3 weeks today. My baby was breech, then it turned, but last week at my gp appointment they couldn't confirm if it was still head down or not because of the position of the baby. I feel like it has turned again (to feet down!) So I have this playing on my mind too!!

It'll be great to start hearing all the baby news. I keep popping in to the June thread too to see what stage they're at haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Well exactly, nice to get an extra scan. Always nice to check in!
    I'm due 3 weeks today. My baby was breech, then it turned, but last week at my gp appointment they couldn't confirm if it was still head down or not because of the position of the baby. I feel like it has turned again (to feet down!) So I have this playing on my mind too!!

It'll be great to start hearing all the baby news. I keep popping in to the June thread too to see what stage they're at haha.

so have you to go in next week for observation? hopefully baby turns, its an added worry on top of all the aches and pains.

baby has stayed head down since saturday for us, hope she stays that way now.

im interested to know what this scan was for research purposes! must check it out.

so have you to go in next week for observation? hopefully baby turns, its an added worry on top of all the aches and pains.

baby has stayed head down since saturday for us, hope she stays that way now.

im interested to know what this scan was for research purposes! must check it out.

I have an appointment on Wednesday in the hospital so will know then what position it's in but there's a lot of what feels like kicks down very low, feels exactly like I did when it was breech a few weeks ago so will see. Not 100% sure if I'll last untilmy appointment though haha. Since Saturday I have felt like I am in early stages of something, so will see what comes!
    Hopefully your baby stays that way is right, I think it isn't really a common thing for them to turn back to breech according to my gp...of course I'd have to go against the grain anyway haha.

• Advertisement

Anyone else struggling with tiredness? Today I feel like my body is made of lead! Toddler has gone down for his two naps today and all I could do was loe down both times. Feel so guilty 'coz haven't had him out of the house at all today.

Advertisement